What i think about Crysis.

Crysis is designed to be run at higher settings on tomorrow's technology...sure it sucks for us now but I think they are planning on replayability over the coming years as users can turn up the graphics and run through again...

Once the sequel gets close to release, I'll probably go back and replay Crysis. But whether or not tomorrow's technology will be available by then is anyone's guess. :p

Now hold your jaws i PLAYED AND COMPLETED CRYSIS on
RADEON 9550 GE
512MB RAM DDR
AMD ATHLON 64 3000+
HA! and now what 8800 users :p?

You guys are whining about optimization, but i ran the game to a *Playable* 10-20 fps with my shitty 2.2ghZ single core 1 gig ram 9800 pro pc.

If you really want to obtain a playable framerate in Crysis you need either pretty high end hardware, or you need to get your hands dirty with the config files, as there are plentiful options that may be tampered with to obtain a decent balance of framerate and eyecandy.

See link for tweakage purposes:

http://www.tweakguides.com/Crysis_1.html

I found that the motion blur visually smoothed out each frame regardless of how low the framerate dropped, this appears to allow it to seem much more playable at ridiculously low fps rates.
*Has only played demo*

*Is getting Crysis for Christmas :p:p:p:p*

I played it on High, then Med... then back to high again once I realised I couldnt tell much performance difference, and I tend to be very anal about fps rates.
I'm still looking forward to reinstalling vista on my secondary hard drive and playing it in DX10.

Specs:
8800GTS 640mb
2x1Gb DDR2 553 (cheap corsair value shite)
Core 2 duo 6400
Windows XP

As you can see I have a fairly modest gaming PC (in terms of gaming PCs anyway, if we can agree that most people on the steam hardware surveys are just casual gamers who play peggle or something on their 333mhz Win98 Celeron:rolleyes:), but I was very impressed at how Crysis played and looked on my system, and that was in directX 9!

Something you should know, and i've seen this first hand. Just about every game out there has stuff cut during development.

A lot of stuff gets cut because there isn't enough time or budget to implement it, or it doesn't mesh with the rest of the gameplay or story, its not as fun as it could have been, pushes the game resources too far, or a host of different reasons. Its not a matter of laziness, spite, bad calls, (usually) its just a part of how games are made.

Back