What is HL2.NET to you ?

Garfield_

Reaction score
What does these forums mean to you, why do you come here ?

It's a forum. I come here to check steam updates, and read any interesting topics.

I come here for news on anything valve-world-related...
Right, I lied. I visit every time I start up a browser because I'm somehow addicted to this place :(
But it's cool here so beh :D

Idonotbelonghere said:
I come here for news on anything valve-world-related...
Right, I lied. I visit every time I start up a browser because I'm somehow addicted to this place :(
But it's cool here so beh :D

Same as above

same above.
plus, it's the only place i'm a bit popular at...

games + hl2/css and some off topic stuff

and i love you guys <3

Addicted, the Half Life Saga + Valve are/is awesome and you guys are all a great source of humor and good old fashioned time spending.

Because I like Half-Life and this is my 500th post

You can define HL2.net the best as the place where Valve (the greatest) and British humour (the funniest) meet.

Half-Life 2.net to me...

Is a place where whimsical things can happen.
Bunnies plot to takeover the world with pancakes on their heads...
Professional relationship advice...
Up-to-date news on current events...
You get to meet interesting and exotic people, then kill them...
You get to discuss the undiscussable...

One of the best forum's I've been to in recent years.

jerkasaur said:
same above.
and you are....? :p

I come here cuz this place is cool, i've been in alot of forums before but this is one is the best imo

GO HL2.net !

It's simple. These are the best and most well-mannered forums I've ever seen. The moderators are very loose, but will administer the smackdown when it's necessary without remorse. The rules have a bit of a margin, but are laid down very well. Halflife2.net is one of the very few sites in the world that actually give you a feeling of acceptance, appreciation, and Shens.

Can't get enough of the wonderful Lounge

Beerdude26 said:
It's simple. These are the best and most well-mannered forums I've ever seen. The moderators are very loose, but will administer the smackdown when it's necessary without remorse. The rules have a bit of a margin, but are laid down very well. Halflife2.net is one of the very few sites in the world that actually give you a feeling of acceptance, appreciation, and Shens.
\o/
Well, most of the people have summed it up already, so I won't bother.

Evo said:
Can't get enough of the wonderful Lounge

You and me both. At first I stayed for Half-Life 2 news etc. Now it seems I only post in the Lounge.

*Strokes lounge* Nice lounge.

Good activity, fun to talk with people. And kill them.

because i've got far too atrocious a postcount to stop now, and i heart a lot of the members immensely.

and after two years (i joined new years eve 2003 so it's been over two years now :D) it becomes automatic, i could be on here ten minutes and not even realize it

jerkasaur said:
same above.
Who are you? :sleep:

Anyways...this place is just to kill some time, pratice typing and spelling, get tips for troubles I'm in...well at least for me.

HL2.net is my drug, my addiction.

News and info on half-life stuff and mods.

News and discussion on Half-Life 2 mods... oh and because Hl2world.com sucks.

I'm waiting for Munro to pay me, then I'm out of here, suckers!

Axyon said:
I'm waiting for Munro to pay me, then I'm out of here, suckers!
What form of "payment" will this "transaction" be made with? :eek:

I think beerdude summed it up benevolently :) This place has decent topics/dicussion covering all areas. <3 2 Munro.

Erestheux said:
What form of "payment" will this "transaction" be made with? :eek:
The souls of the top 100 posters, of course. Sick-minded child.

Axyon said:
Should it not be the souls of spammers and banned members and such?

First and formost the discussion of all things HL. It is also my main site that I visit and the forum I feel most a part of.

I come here because... it's just hilarious. Some of the topics/replies are outstandingly funny.

Axyon said:
Hopefully I'm not up that far. :eek:
ríomhaire said:
Should it not be the souls of spammers and banned members and such?
Why would you want those? :(

a place where everyone gives professional advice about women...
where we talk people out of suicide (25% success rate :p)
where spam is just around the corner
where i have been for the past 8 months :|
and where everyone is as close as 2 cars in an accident :D

Sam-2k said:
I'm safe then, I'm immortal! Worship me for I am your one true god.
Well, I'm technically safe too since I sold my soul to a guy named Sam Kenkel in seventh grade for a dollar and some french fries.

Why did I come here?
- I was promoting the mod I was working on. I also dropped in on HalflifeSource doing the same thing.

Why did I stay?
- Because it was everything HalflifeSource wasn't. HLS was full of whiney teen and pre-teen bitches (including the moderating staff). They promoted flaming by having a 'House of Flames' forum designed specifically for ripping the shit outta other members, and this sort of behaviour spilled over into practically every thread I read. They had no sig-limits, no avatar limits and virtually no code of conduct. They also had almost zero support for anyone looking to learn a modding skill. That's not to say HL2.net is not strictly populated by older members. There are teens, pre-teens and members aged 20+ here. So it doesn't really matter how old you are here, what shines through is a more mature behaviour and a respectful atmosphere. And the latter is what I value most in a community.

Where do I hang out mostly?
- I come here for the well-written and chosen news announcements, the support for third-party modifications for the Source engine and the level of discussion that you can expect from the high calibre demographic that HL2.net has chosen to appeal to.

What would I change?
- Very little about the forums I visit. If there were something that desperately needed changing, I'd mention it.

---

Yeah, HL2.net is teh rox! Props to the staff and the community who make it so.

A place where I make posts about various inner thoughts and share them with people who have come to this place with a similar interest in HL2 as myself but have long since stopped playing.

Back