What is the Tech Demo?

Have you watched the start of the E3 video?

you know the first part of the E3 trailer after the gman part? the one with the wood and water and barrels and the giant pachinko machine. that the Tech Demo. the reason its called a tech demo is because its used to show the capabilities of the Source engine.

It's the part right after the G-Man in the 600mb e3 video.

They should release a playable version of that over steam. Or at least something that actually runs the in game engine on your machine, like a benchmarking tool.

Originally posted by GLMinorThreat
They should release a playable version of that over steam. Or at least something that actually runs the in game engine on your machine, like a benchmarking tool.

A demo would be awesome :D :D
or maybe a Multiplayer Demo with couple maps :p

Wishful thinking. No tech demo release or game demo release has been mentioned, and probably wont happen.

Originally posted by rec
Wishful thinking. No tech demo release or game demo release has been mentioned, and probably wont happen.

Yeah i know, but we can atlest dream about it. :p

Try and keep your dreams within the bounds of sanity. There's more chance that you could be the next Michael Jordan.

Originally posted by rec
Try and keep your dreams within the bounds of sanity. There's more chance that you could be the next Michael Jordan.

I wanna be like mike!!

Dammit rec I like your avatar. Anyhow, the tech demo is part of the benchmark. However, it will be running a pre-set course, and will obviously not be playable. God only knows if it will hit the 30th as well! The benchmark will essentially be the E3 videos running in real time if it stays the same as what the hardware press saw in action.

Originally posted by Athlon7
Dammit rec I like your avatar. Anyhow, the tech demo is part of the benchmark. However, it will be running a pre-set course, and will obviously not be playable. God only knows if it will hit the 30th as well! The benchmark will essentially be the E3 videos running in real time if it stays the same as what the hardware press saw in action.

I hope thats true, that'd be awesome.

so the benchmark is pretty much just for showing us how much fps we'll be getting?

On the 30th, Ant Lions will come out of the ground killing everyone, and Valve will rule the world. Oh wait, it's delayed.

The benchmark would be handy for ppl to gauge if they need to beef up their systems in order to play HL2 properly. Hopefully SOMETHING will be dished out on the 30th. even if it's juts a few screenshots or a new vid. :bounce:

Just a question:

Sometimes people talk about something called "fraggmaster"

What is it?

Who is it??

I wanna know. And not some stupid answer!

he is a moderator (the owner) at the site planet halflife

and we all love him... ehem

Ohw, and is planethalflife the best Half-Life site there is? I mean, is this THE mastersite of HL?

this place is better

Fragmaster has been a real asshole about Valve in the past. His site is possibly a bit bigger though.

Back