What is your favorite HL2 video and why?

dura said:
I'm not quite buying everything as real in the phystown demo.

The only thing that's not "real," was the door being kicked in.. although, that's only been proven through the stolen build
Pretty sure it's just what VALVe had in mind for the AI to be capable of in the end

Stop kicking that dead horse, everyone's sick of that topic

There was AI in traptown? I heard it was all scripted. The parts where the guys are standing with their nose to the brick wall not moving or when they just sort of accept their fate of being squasged by the beam rather than duck are most likely AI, but from what I hear the cool stuff was scripted.

My fav is klieners lab video, because of those rediculous gestures and body movements Alyx does while she is talking and trying to be all serious and what not. hilarious. All of the vids are nice though.

what if I went down the ramp instead of in the building? Man this game... so good....

you would come to a dead end :p

because of those rediculous gestures and body movements Alyx does while she is talking and trying to be all serious and what not. hilarious. All of the vids are nice though.

I think shes just really animated.. but thats what its like when your emotional about stuff, you dont just stand there like a stiff :|

Pseudonym_ said:
There was AI in traptown? I heard it was all scripted. The parts where the guys are standing with their nose to the brick wall not moving or when they just sort of accept their fate of being squasged by the beam rather than duck are most likely AI, but from what I hear the cool stuff was scripted.

My fav is klieners lab video, because of those rediculous gestures and body movements Alyx does while she is talking and trying to be all serious and what not. hilarious. All of the vids are nice though.

Heh. Yeah, there was AI. Pretty piss poor in what got stolen, though.

As for the Alyx thing, Gabe said they had the animators turn the emotion wayyy up for that, and, although the animators thought it was horribly corny.. well, the initial reaction was positive.

Back