What just pisses me the @#$% off

Status
Not open for further replies.
devvingiorgio, look man this is what happend.

When you (or someone else) e-mailed gabe,lambardy,ect
about the timeframe, they answered "we dont have a time frame yet". Or what ever.

Later that day. They decided that enough is enough. devvingiorgio has e-mailed us one too many times. We must get a date tommorow.

So later that day they have a meeting. and its setteled.
MSN money ask for a time frame the next day and BOOM!
they have it.

Sai said:
blame eb-games, blame gamestop, just stop the valve bitching

exactly, it's up to these companies to offer you a reserved lists and pre-orders and whatnot. totally based on the assumption that valve is sending them the game and that when it comes in they'll hold one of THEIR copies for you. it has nothing to do with valve selling the game to you.

AgentXen said:
devvingiorgio, look man this is what happend.

When you (or someone else) e-mailed gabe,lambardy,ect
about the timeframe, they answered "we dont have a time frame yet". Or what ever.

Later that day. They decided that enough is enough. devvingiorgio has e-mailed us one too many times. We must get a date tommorow.

So later that day they have a meeting. and its setteled.
MSN money ask for a time frame the next day and BOOM!
they have it.

see, finally some common sense.

Absinthe said:
You're not clever at all. And yeah, Valve does owe you a game if you pre-ordered it. Of course, they could still send you complete crap if they wanted to. They don't need to give you screenies and demos until it comes. It might be nice, but they're not bound to such a thing. If you knew a rat's ass as to what you were talking about, you'd understand this. Unfortunately, you don't.

Completely irrelevant. Knowledge about the game =/= knowledge about how the game is handled. Really, STFU.

Oh I get it.
you must think i im complaining about them not giving me any release dates or media.
I realy dont care about that, i just wanted to correct people when they tell me valve does not owe me anything.
but they realy do. the game.

"Last time. And this time you have to see it:

Go back and

READ MY POSTS"

I did bro :)

It comes to this. I expected more from Valve to sacrifice the breaking story to MSN Money and let websites DEVOTED TO VALVE and their games know about it first.

your expecting companies to use shitty marketing strategies?

marksmanHL2 :) said:
What makes this even better is that VALVE DOES NOT OWE YOU SHIT, NOT EVEN IF YOU PRE ORDERED.

The shop you pre ordered from takes the responcibility there. :LOL:

Good thing i dint preorder then, or valve wouldt owe me anything.

BTW Valve said you get it free with the Radeon 9800xt.
so i guess they do owe me something.

As I said in those posts (;)) it was probably more likey that they decided that from a set point in time they would answer any questions on HL2 release dates. Not that they would specifically choose a site and give them the date. :)

Edit: I dont know what to think about the ATI deal... :p

Except for the fact that the deal was you get HL2 free with the card. Which you will....... :)

AgentXen said:
Oh I get it.
you must think i im complaining about them not giving me any release dates or media.
I realy dont care about that, i just wanted to correct people when they tell me valve does not owe me anything.
but they realy do. the game.

no they don't, the company that took your preorder owes you the game. it has nothing to do with valve cause your not buying from valve. if said company fails to come up with a game for you, well then that's their problem, they're the ones taking the risk by accepting your money for a game that's not even out yet.

"your expecting companies to use shitty marketing strategies?"

sigh, no, and them telling the world when it's coming out isn't freaking marketing..it's letting investors get ready for vivendi stock purchases.

All I ask of Valve is to let US , the COMMUNITY, THE FANSITES, know these things the moment they're aware of it. THEN they can go to MSN Money.

but they don't , and that's what 's upsetting. When they tell us over and over they don't know, and then there's an article published, that was probaly written 2 weeks ago.

It's jut as a courtesy guys

people should stop it with the blame valve fad, it got old the day it got started

devvingiorgio said:
"Last time. And this time you have to see it:

Go back and

READ MY POSTS"

I did bro :)

It comes to this. I expected more from Valve to sacrifice the breaking story to MSN Money and let websites DEVOTED TO VALVE and their games know about it first.

my guess is valve assumed their fans didn't have a problem with where the info came from. they probably just thought everyone would be happy they said something about it.

little did they know all the whinny little bitches would surface ranting about some personal problem that their not valves #1 go to guy.

ACLeroK212 said:
no they don't, the company that took your preorder owes you the game. it has nothing to do with valve cause your not buying from valve. if said company fails to come up with a game for you, well then that's their problem, they're the ones taking the risk by accepting your money for a game that's not even out yet.

but i did not pre-order it.

So Valve using the media to give out information is wrong? It doesn't matter whether it's hl2.net, MSN Money, or Bob's Knitting World. You've got the information. Be happy.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back