What kind of car do you drive?

Just over 100,000 miles and still runs like a nightmare.

Untitled-1.gif

Yes, almost 40 mpg is certainly the stuff of nightmares these days.

I must say you Americans have some uber ugly vehicles!

'96 white Ford Mustang. Not looking the best right now because of a bad paint chip. Goes to the shop on tuesday. New motor because I blew a head gasket in October.

83-300d-nov04.jpg

The wheels of ****ing steel. Except mine's silver, an '84, a turbo diesel, and in way better condition (still have the emblem, etc.).

i love your rx-7 <3

It was a steal for $3,250. He said the main reason he's selling it for so cheap was because he didn't know the compression numbers on the engine. I bought it ~March last year. The thing had low compression, but for Daily Driving terms, it's doing awesome. The turbo is only now starting to leak oil *Very common with these cars at 175k miles*, so I'm probably going to either rebuild it, or just get an aftermarket, near stock turbo. Also got all kinds of ideas for it when I get the engine rebuilt...mmmm...

Damn, I love my car *sigh*

I love Viper and Parrots cars...

(sigh, dreams about owning an older benz...)

83-300d-nov04.jpg

The wheels of ****ing steel. Except mine's silver, an '84, a turbo diesel, and in way better condition (still have the emblem, etc.).

Ah, the W123 :) Great car. You a member of Mercedes Shop forums? They're mad about them there.

None at the moment, but once I start commuting and get over my fear of driving, I'll be driving my mom's old car:
3CO.JPG

Except it's in purple.

IMG_0617.jpg

Fully loaded 06' Cadillac CTS. 355hp, 3.6L Northstar Engine, NAV, DVD Player, 6 CD changer.

Only down side to this baby is its rear wheel drive. :|

i drive a Dodge viper X10...

on NFS, im in year 10 cant drive :p

my parents 92 saab 900, and it's damn hard to find a picture of the right one on the internet for whatever reason

janny_01.jpg

still working great at 170k miles.

cab60hyc041c0808mz8.jpg

2006 Hyundai Tiburon... mine's a bit darker blue than that, but that's pretty much it.

I love it... wouldn't want any other car. :)

tiburon's 03 and up are really nice looking cars.

'91 Ford Festiva. It's a real POS, :( but at least the gas mileage is superb. :) Sometimes I also drive the family 2001 F150 when I want to ride in comfort for shorter distances or when I want to haul shit. *sigh* I miss my Ranger though. Shouldn't have been so greedy for money and sold it. ;(

I drive motorbike. You guys are weird 0_o

..Cars...

What he said. :thumbs:

Let's see...

9 grand will get you either:

one of these little pieces of shit

zetec-climate-gal-sml_1185489690.jpg

or this utterly insane machine which squeezes 170bhp into 160 kilos of bike, and will utterly annihilate every single car in existence, and then some

zx10.jpg

No contest really, is it?

or this utterly insane machine which squeezes 170bhp into 160 kilos of bike, and will utterly annihilate every single car in existence, and then some
Until it wraps round a tree. :p

Until it wraps round a tree. :p

Bikes don't wrap themselves around trees. :p

Although yes, that is the kind of bike you would very easily kill yourself on without extreme skill and years of experience. It does, however, serve to illustrate the point that you get a shitload more bike for your money - and I don't understand why, on today's gridlocked road networks and extreme expense of motoring, people go for cars.

Just FYI, my bike is an '02 model which had 13,000 miles on it when I bought it - nearly mint condition, it just had some minor crash damage which didn't cost much to fix - I paid ?1,250 for it. It does 0-60 in 3.2 seconds, 145mph top speed, extremely agile, comfortable and 45mpg. Plus it costs less than half as much to insure as a 1litre car. Not to mention that every time you get off it you'll have a grin on your face, instead of a ****ing-traffic-jams scowl.

Why get a car? Why? Why?!

Bikes don't wrap themselves around trees. :p
:)

Although yes, that is the kind of bike you would very easily kill yourself on without extreme skill and years of experience. It does, however, serve to illustrate the point that you get a shitload more bike for your money - and I don't understand why, on today's gridlocked road networks and extreme expense of motoring, people go for cars.

Just FYI, my bike is an '02 model which had 13,000 miles on it when I bought it - nearly mint condition, it just had some minor crash damage which didn't cost much to fix - I paid ?1,250 for it. It does 0-60 in 3.2 seconds, 145mph top speed, extremely agile, comfortable and 45mpg. Plus it costs less than half as much to insure as a 1litre car. Not to mention that every time you get off it you'll have a grin on your face, instead of a ****ing-traffic-jams scowl.

Why get a car? Why? Why?!
I'm not particularly fussed over bikes, my best mate is a bike-nut and he's been trying to get me on one. I most definitely would, but after all the cost of running my car I doubt it's a reasonable investment at this moment in time.

About traffic though, my view is that I'd rather drive an extra ten ****ing miles than sit in traffic. Lots of mornings on that Edinburgh city bypass with bikes zipping up the middle make me consider the benefits.

All said though, I can get my shopping in the car, give my mates or relatives a lift if they need it, and after the nasty cold snap we had a few weeks back the only drawback with the car is the frost on the windshield.

I'm not particularly fussed over bikes, my best mate is a bike-nut and he's been trying to get me on one. I most definitely would, but after all the cost of running my car I doubt it's a reasonable investment at this moment in time.

You not had a ride on the back? :)

About traffic though, my view is that I'd rather drive an extra ten ****ing miles than sit in traffic. Lots of mornings on that Edinburgh city bypass with bikes zipping up the middle make me consider the benefits.

All said though, I can get my shopping in the car, give my mates or relatives a lift if they need it, and after the nasty cold snap we had a few weeks back the only drawback with the car is the frost on the windshield.

Yeah, obviously a bike's not the ideal solution for carrying stuff. You have to learn to travel light. And it can be a pretty horrible experience in the depths of winter, seemingly no matter how warm you wrap up you still freeze. Unless you invest in heated vests etc. And you have to be very observant for black ice and all the other shit on the road at that time of year, hit a patch of ice while you're not upright and you're coming off. Same problem with ****ing diesel spills.
Rain is no big deal though, get some waterproof gear and you stay drier than the guy who has to walk to his car, even in a torrential downpour. The main problems are the lack of grip on the road and having a rain-soaked visor, but these days you can get sprays that make the surface of the visor slick and keep your vision relatively clear.
I give mates a lift sometimes, but only in the warmer months - you're asking for frostbite and pneumonia if you get on a bike in winter without the right clothing.

Still, I used to commute from one corner of London to the other and that would take me an hour. Even with gridlocked traffic pretty much all the way - the only time you ever have to stop is for a red light, pretty much. Plus no congestion charging and free parking.

What he said. :thumbs:

Let's see...

9 grand will get you either:

one of these little pieces of shit

zetec-climate-gal-sml_1185489690.jpg

zx10.jpg

No contest really, is it?

if only this bike was real:

Akira.jpg

Hey, you guys' cars suck.

Check this baby out

1970_16mg.jpg

It's my getaway car after I do my dastardly deeds.

YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!!1

IMG_0617.jpg

Fully loaded 06' Cadillac CTS. 355hp, 3.6L Northstar Engine, NAV, DVD Player, 6 CD changer.

Only down side to this baby is its rear wheel drive. :|

255hp *

And rear wheel drive is nothing to complain about :).

maybe he likes to race on the highway....or something...
:facepalm: What's the point of fast sport/muscle cars anyways? Most governments and countries have speed limits on every highway, with exception to the autobahn in Germany. Not sure if it still exists though, but uber fast cars are pointless nonetheless imo. :p Am I the only person here that thinks this way about cars?

:facepalm: What's the point of fast sport/muscle cars anyways? Most governments and countries have speed limits on every highway, with exception to the autobahn in Germany. Not sure if it still exists though, but uber fast cars are pointless nonetheless imo. :p Am I the only person here that thinks this way about cars?

High performance vehicles are safer because they give you the power to get out of trouble. You can control your own destiny on the road, whereas in a slow car you're at the mercy of everyone else to a far higher degree.
Plus, people who drive religiously by the speed limits are a liability on the road. "Hey look at me bitches, I'm doing a straight 70 the whole way. I'm so smug because I'm such an angel, hehehehehe OHSHITIMGONNAHITTHATGUYINFRONTCOSIWASLOOKNGATMYSPEEDONOTATTHEROAD!!!!!"

Personally, I use the performance of my bike to keep as far away as possible from other vehicles. Whenever possible, I don't want to be anywhere near any cars because they're a danger to my life and the whole area surrounding them is a potential "killzone".

Half of all motorcycle accidents occur on machines of 125cc capacity or less - they typically have a top speed of about 65mph. 1000cc bikes and above are involved in by far the smallest % of accidents, relative to their numbers as well as in absolute terms, and I can guarantee you now that anyone who rides a 1000cc sportsbike will take it up to over 150mph on a regular basis.

There's only one reason people will tell you that fast cars/bikes are dangerous - ignorance.

Back