What kind of vehicles would you like to see?

Private Snafu

Reaction score
We've had a "what weapons would you like to see?" now it's time for what kind of vehicles?

I personally would like to see a technical of some kind. it would be cool to fight off alien gunships from the back of a pick-up truck.

| w@n+ 2 c teh 1337 a|ie|\|$ f|ght meh 1337ness |n @ ubb3r c0o| mech!

quite simply A Motorbike...
and have cool ramps and other stuff to jump over!!

weee fly gordon Fly...

I wouldn't mind seeing some type of aircraft you could fly.

Dune Buggy
Hovercraft
Old crappy boat
Hi-tech submarine
Some kind of flying thing
Various "still working" cars around City-17

Some type of transport truck...for some reason they are always my favorite.

I'd like to see Gordon slowly riding a tricycle away from some equally slow zombies. Best-ever chase sequence. :)

Seriously though, I think that it would have to be something that Freeman could reasonably know how to drive. Maybe one of those old military trucks from the previous HL that you couldn't use. Fill the back with Barneys and cruise through town. :cool:

a nice motorcycle, a jetpack, and maybe that mech from the matrix reloaded. heh

i wanna see a Warthog type vehicle like the one from halo.

A humvee with a .50 cal ontop!
Also a Harley Davidson.. and um, a little Volkswagen Beetle :)

Isn't the Warthog basically a dune buggy? Which is already in the game. If I'm wrong, it's probably because I've never played or even seen Halo, apart from some machinima.
Hmmm what type of vehicle would I like to see in HL2...*ponders*...I think the driveable/controllable Strider needs to be included as a model, so modders can use it, or you can spawn in in a LAN game.
Hmm what else. A jeep. With a mounted machinegun or small artillery gun, or even a mounted Gauss, not on the hood but in the back.

Oh and the motorbike ideas...hmmm that would be too similar to Vice City. I'd rather not have bikes or sports cars in HL2...

do u think half life 2 is going to have a "bf1942 like" mp with futuristic weapons and vehicals?
i will definitly enjoy that and crash suicidally the gunship into the ennemies like i did in bf1942 with the airplane

In one interview with a HL2 staff guy (almost sure it was Mr. Newell) they said they rigged a strider so they could use it as a vehicle. It actually walked and shot just like the enemy striders we saw in the E3 footage.

Now, if a modder did that.... oh geeze, that would be so fun.

Bah, having a motorcycel would suck! I would much rather drive around in big military buggys.

Originally posted by Frank
Bah, having a motorcycel would suck! I would much rather drive around in big military buggys.

Why not both?

I haven't really thought about Vehicles but we can probably expect a lot more than just the E3 Buggy.

Flying Vehicles would be amazing.

I would want:

97' Ford F250 5.4L litfted 10' and 41' in tires

H1 Hummer w/ weapon attackments

2002 Corvette 706 405hp

Yamaha 450cc ATV

93' Mazda RX-7

Chevy or Dodge Monster Truck (Drive over those wrecked cars :cheese:)

SdKfz 184 Panzerjager Tiger P and other WWII tanks (Just imagine the city in the E3 vid with the strider taken out and a WWII battle going on....:eek:)

I would want to see:

monstertruck

motorcross

a big bulldozer
&
a suicide truck full with C4.

Originally posted by GoLiatH
a suicide truck full with C4.

... used to fill jeeps full of explosives in bf42 drive them into a decently populated area and set them off... close.

but still.. 1972 mercedes 220 diesel.

Driving: A diesel tanker to run over combines
Flying: B17 Flying Fortress
For Fun: A strider

Some old, rusty, nearly wrecked but still drivable City 17 cars

Military truck

Helicopter with BIG guns on it...

Something like a gundam or even better,
Mr/T's van. It's hellava fast. LOL

I don't know what it's called but the big balloons used by kids to jump. You make an alien version of this and you jump on Combine soldiers! Mwahahahahahah!
...No? Okay.

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
Segways

LOL, they WOULD have that in there, wouldn't they? It would go nicely with the fact they have cutting edge firearms. Maybe the technical could have an OCSW mounted on the back of a 2003 Ford 150.

pickuptruck_bg.jpg

Originally posted by alb1221
fat chicks

HAhahahahahaha.
I've got to see that. Mod community come on!
I want to see 3d model sketches by next week pls.

Oh I had to look-up what a segway was. If anyone else is equally as un-enlightened as I am see http://www.howstuffworks.com/ginger.htm

I'd like to see some pedel powered things, like a montain bike with spikes and blades on it.
Perhaps a chariot.
It would also be nice to ride on some wild aliens back at some time.
A hang glider or para-sail could make for a tense get away.
The hover skate board from Back to the future 2 would also prove popular.

Back