Votes: 21 17.2%
  • Wii

Votes: 46 37.7%
  • I am a Computer gamer so i dont care

Votes: 36 29.5%

• Total voters

-I(!113R 7-

Reaction score
I personally think that PS3 will be the best, although the wii will be cheaper and more innovative. And as of now i have ever system up to 360 and I just cannot get over how, well crappy it is. I wouldn't consider it "next gen" especially considering the games just look shinier.

Well the PC is and always will be the better machine because it can constantly be improved, where the consoles only have a certain height at which the games can be run at. Plus all the great games coming out for the 360 and PS3 will most likely all find their way to the PC so i think I will stick with the PC. Well just as long as the new Pro Evo's find there way to the PC then I will be happy =D

And as of now i have ever system up to 360 and I just cannot get over how, well crappy it is. I wouldn't consider it "next gen" especially considering the games just look shinier.

Just like the PS3..

Anyway, Wii for me. With Wii and a PC, I can't think of any game I want that isn't on any of those formats. Plus I can afford it. Then I'll go for the 360, controller seems much better than the PS3's "dual non-shock" controller.

Well I think that the PS3 will be the same if not a slight bit better that then 360 just because of the extra time that Sony has had to make it better than there opponents console. But then again Axyon could be 100 percent correct and the PS3 will flop leaving Microsoft at the top of the chain. It is all to difficult to predict in my mind.

Well I think that the PS3 will be the same if not a slight bit better that then 360 just because of the extra time that Sony has had to make it better than there opponents console. But then again Axyon could be 100 percent correct and the PS3 will flop leaving Microsoft at the top of the chain. It is all to difficult to predict in my mind.

Also, the PS3 relies on a disk format that could easily flop, too.

Sony has alienated its PS2 market by making the console far more expensive. As it stands, it's a very costly media centre. I think the 360 will be best, but I imagine the Wii will sell the most by far.

PS3, I don't count the X360 as next-gen. Beyond that, I'd love to see the Wii thrive and have fun and innovative games, but honestly it's not next-gen graphics-wise, but gameplay-wise it's leaps and bounds ahead of the PS3 and X360.

I'll probably get a Wii, but next-gen PC gaming is still what it's all about, foos.

As far as I am concerned, the measure of a console gaming system is its games. It is impossible for one to be "the best" in this case, as its all subjective. For me, personally, I think the PS3 will be 'the best' since many of the developers whose products I have loved in the past are currently developing for the PS3. That said, many other folks prefer the 360, which will get many games that the PC and the PS3 will get anyway. Its the exclusives that will likely decide this battle so it comes down to your opinion of them.

Of course, if being "the best" means selling the most units, then I think the Wii will win. Nintendo will win anyway since they always make a profit on their systems whereas Microsoft and Sony take HUGE losses. Its wide open right now and 2007 should be an AMAZING year for gamers not matter what their system of choice.

I think the 360 will suprise everyone with how good it turns out to be. We've yet to see what the machine is capable of - anyone who judges a console by it's launch lineup is a little dense (looking at you, original poster ;)) - and there's a load of promising titles on the way.

I'd like the Wii 'to be the best', but am having a few doubts.

As for the PS3 - it's hard to decided when we've seen so little. MGS doesn't excite me anymore and i've seen nothing else that grabs my interest.

I am a Computer gamer so i dont care

Mouse & keyboard FTW
Thanks. We get it. :rolleyes:

I think the Wii is going to be the best. Sure, the graphics are nearly a generation behind. But I'll be damned if I ever play games to look at the foliage.

As for the 360 and PS3?

I already have a 360, and so far it's been a bit of a letdown. I'm chocking that up to poor transitioning to the new hardware, and a slight lack of developer support due to the smaller release-day consumer base. This coming year is looking great for Microsoft, though. Mass Effect, Halo 3 (or does that coincide with the film's 2008 release now?), Gears of War, and Forza 2 are looking very, very nice.

I think the PS3 is going to fail, if not fail miserably. An expensive and almost-niche media format and an absolutely enormous cost is going to put off consumers and publishers. Although I do think games like Assassin's Creed and MGS4 look pretty spectacular, Sony seems to have dropped the ball and tripped on it this generation. Not to mention that, apparently, they haven't even manufactured a single retail unit yet.

For me it will be the PS3. There are so many exclusive games coming that I want for it ... and many of my favorite developers create games exclusively for Playstation products. Also, it helps that the system itself is the best and that all versions of the console are equipped with a HD and Blu-Ray drive, which should allow developers a lot more freedom.

The 360 has nothing I want. MS bought out Rare, which seems to be a fractured shadow of its' former self. There's also Bioware, which I love, but so far they've ported all their X-BOX games to PC. That's about it. Sure there are some games that I would give at least a rental if I owned the console, such as Dead Rising or that Ghost Recon game ... but I wouldn't go too far out of my way. If the 360 didn't have the considerable advantage of being first to market by a full year, I think they would be dead in the water.

As for the Wii, I think it has a lot of potential. However, unless it strikes a chord and develops Ipod like popularity amongst people who don't play games, I believe it will be the lowest selling system again. But then again Nintendo probably doesn't have any delusions of "winning" the console war. Their business model is very different from Sony and Microsoft's. They produce relatively cheap hardware and sell it at a respectable profit ... and then fill it with primarily first party games. The Wii will be successful no matter what, but it probably won't be the most dominant console.

Wii seems to offer the most interesting platform for nex-gen games, followed by the boring but powerfull 360, but I voted ps3 just to piss the n fanboy's off :p

I am a Computer gamer so i dont care,

DX10 owns all

nuff said

As for the Wii, I think it has a lot of potential. However, unless it strikes a chord and develops Ipod like popularity amongst people who don't play games, I believe it will be the lowest selling system again. But then again Nintendo probably doesn't have any delusions of "winning" the console war. Their business model is very different from Sony and Microsoft's. They produce relatively cheap hardware and sell it at a respectable profit ... and then fill it with primarily first party games. The Wii will be successful no matter what, but it probably won't be the most dominant console.
Good points. But you have to remember how much buzz the Wii is getting, and how many people, even on this forum, are planning on buying the system.

If all goes well, this may be the most evenly-matched console war in a long, long time.

Nintendo's targeting of non gamers is not that smart, simply because none gamers do not spend that much money on games, the 360 and the ps3 may sell 2x less then the Wii, but if their audiance buy's 4 or 5 times the games ms and sony will still make more money. Besides as a hardcore gamer, are games meant for the none hardcore audiance really going to appeal to me.

Here's how I feel...

Graphics - Playstation 3 will win here.
Sound - Too hard to tell, but all three will likely be the same. I'd give it to the Wii here because of the speaker in the controller, but I don't think it's enough to seperate it from the others.
Price - Wii wins here.
Titles - Wii wins here due to backwards compatibility of 400+ games and a deeper library of popular/interesting franchises.
Controller - Wii again. :p

PS3 wins 1 of the categories
XBOX360 wins 0 of the categories
Wii wins 3 of the categories
Therefore I think the Wii is the best.

Another breakdown by points (10-highest, 1-lowest)...

PS3
Graphics - 10
Sound - 8
Price - 3
Titles - 8
Controller - 7
TOTAL: 36

Graphics - 9
Sound - 8
Price - 7
Titles - 5
Controller - 8
TOTAL: 37

Wii
Graphics - 7
Sound - 8
Price - 10
Titles - 8
Controller - 8
TOTAL: 41

Wii wins again. I think the Wii is the best system to get. As for which one is going to do the best of this generation...I think it's going to be the Xbox360.
1. It's got a head start on the others.
2. PS3 is going to be too expensive for the masses.
3. A number of console gamers don't like the concept of the Wii controller and think Nintendo are childish.

Regardless, I'm still rooting for the Wii and Nintendo. Even if you don't use the Wii controller, don't play any of the new Wii games and only use the system to play games from between the NES and Gamecube generations, the system still pays for itself. :)

I personally think that PS3 will be the best, although the wii will be cheaper and more innovative. And as of now i have ever system up to 360 and I just cannot get over how, well crappy it is. I wouldn't consider it "next gen" especially considering the games just look shinier.

Yah no idea how you can judge the 360 like that so early in the race. Like Ive said before I find myself enjoying my 360 more and more the longer i have it. And like Warbie said I really do belive that the 360 will suprise some people down the line. Am I a fanboy of the 360 because thats the system I own? Absolutely not because Ill be purchasing a PS3 come november as well! Wii is just meh IMO.

I don't get why so many people rate the wii so highly, its severely underpowered, its practically an xbox 1 with a different controller. Don't get me wrong, looks like it may be fun and it's probably my next buy but everything is gonna have to be seriously toned down.
It just seems like a gimmicky console rather than a serious games machine, pick up and play for 10 mins until your wrist gets sore.

PS3 is a joke, people keep saying its next-gen but i dont see it, the processor is so off on a tangent to anything else any innovation in it is wasted as noone can develop for it.
Theres only really 2 exclusives on it that are worth anything, MGS4 which is due out christmas next year in japan and you can bet 2008 in US and europe. And of course FF13 which again is 2008.
Everything else that has been shown on it looks instantly forgettable.
Also if you pick up the textures on it they look horribly flat, compare the screens of FEAR for example and the 360 ones outshine it, everything looks the same except for the textures.
Again, i'll probably end up getting one sometime but i think people are a little swept away with other peoples hype instead of actually looking at what it really offers and all thats been shown of it.

The 360 again seems overly complex in terms of the processor, it isn't being remotely utilised yet but as it is on a parallel to pc multicore setups it's really only a matter of time until it is used.
The GPU is more powerful than the ps3 one, and as i said before seems to be able to render textures with a lot more depth than its competitor.
The online part of the 360 is also impressive, its almost an integral part of the console which i somehow doubt sony can replicate.
Also that 1 year lead is paying off, 10 mil consoles in the market and a number of A grade titles already out or very close to release, Dead Rising, Saints Row (GTA clone but gettin high reviews and PS3 is yet to show anything unique to match), Gears of War, HALO 3, FABLE 2.

The PS3 will wallow in its filth for 1 and a half years and Sony will suddenly realise how stupidly they priced it, knock the price down (as a result of hardware manufacturing costs plummeting or an intentional feature change to make the console cheaper) and the PS3 will become an eventual success, ultimately the superior specced console with the largest user-base, though far inferior to its successes with the PS1 and PS2

The 360 will do respectably, better than the XBox did, directly as a result of a year and a half of PS3 over-priceyness. However, it will continue to do very poorly in Japan and as a direct result, will lack the Japanese killer apps that will ultimately revive the PS3.

The Wii will be a success on its own terms. Ultimately, the Wii will be bought by long-time nintendo fans, a section of the non-traditional gaming market and a high number of serious gamers who already own a PS3, 360 and/or PC. The Wii will be a distinct entity, not taken "seriously" like the 360 or the PS3, but enjoyed by anyone who simply likes to have fun. It will have the smallest user-base, though will be a roaring success in Japan until the PS3 finds its legs.

The PC will have doom forecast upon it every two months, but will hold its ground and convert a few lost souls, perhaps tempted to buy a PC simply because the price difference between a PS3 and a new PC isn't as much as it should be.

The Phantom games console will release next year along with Duke Nukem Forever and Doom 4: Hell freezes over. It will fail.

The PS3 will wallow in its filth for 1 and a half years and Sony will suddenly realise how stupidly they priced it, knock the price down (as a result of hardware manufacturing costs plummeting or an intentional feature change to make the console cheaper) and the PS3 will become an eventual success, ultimately the superior specced console with the largest user-base, though far inferior to its successes with the PS1 and PS2

The 360 will do respectably, better than the XBox did, directly as a result of a year and a half of PS3 over-priceyness. However, it will continue to do very poorly in Japan and as a direct result, will lack the Japanese killer apps that will ultimately revive the PS3.

The Wii will be a success on its own terms. Ultimately, the Wii will be bought by long-time nintendo fans, a section of the non-traditional gaming market and a high number of serious gamers who already own a PS3, 360 and/or PC. The Wii will be a distinct entity, not taken "seriously" like the 360 or the PS3, but enjoyed by anyone who simply likes to have fun. It will have the smallest user-base, though will be a roaring success in Japan until the PS3 finds its legs.

The PC will have doom forecast upon it every two months, but will hold its ground and convert a few lost souls, perhaps tempted to buy a PC simply because the price difference between a PS3 and a new PC isn't as much as it should be.

The Phantom games console will release next year along with Duke Nukem Forever and Doom 4: Hell freezes over. It will fail.

You honestly think that the PS3 will end up doing better overall than the Wii?

I wouldn't be suprised if in the long run it does do better. Take the PS2. It had an absolutely god awful launch, yet turned out fine, and trounced the other consoles in sales.

On reputation and image alone the PS3 will sell well. It could afford to have almost sod all worth playing for the first year (just like its younger brother) and still sell by the truck load. I am a little suprised by those that find its current lineup exciting. Bar the rather predictable (tired/boring?) MGS/DMC etc I see very little worthy of note.

Care to justify why not? A few years down the line, the Wii won't have the massive price advantage, and the impressive PS2 user base will be jumping on the PS3 for all the games that they've been dying to play but couldn't. The Sony brand is the brand with the power here. To an extent, the everyday person doesn't give two shits about innovation, they just want the latest Playstation. These people are quite happy to go without, and why not? If Sony plays sensibly, they'll keep the PS2 alive, string these people along until they're ready to bite. It's important to ask: What does the Wii really have to tempt people away from their PS2s, to make them stop waiting for their PS3s? Graphically, virtually nothing, and graphics do have an awful lot of power over the average gamer...

I am a Computer gamer so i dont care

But i will be getting all 3.

Already have 360

There won't be a "best" console. It just depends on the games you like for each one.

I love the concept of the Wii, but no matter how innovative it is, it's used for different things than the PC and the other two. And something that's completely different can't really be better.

But you guys know you'll all buy a PS3 eventually? They always suck people in and win, it's inevitable. The Japanese market is the largest console playing market in the world. Anddddd Microsoft is American, anddd the 360 flopped. Andddd Sony is Japanese, andddd guess what!?

The 360 may have flopped in Japan, but it is still going strong. Look at the love Capcom have shown it already - Dead rising and Lost Planet (I still can't get over how good Lost Planet looks)

PC > consoles..

Wii is the best CONSOLE, but nothing ever beats the PC.. GO PC!

Yup, though the Wii will be a measurable success.

Am I the only person who thinks the wii may disappoint?

I'm a huge Nintendo fan, have owned and loved every console (often more than one of each type in different colours :/) bar the Virtual Boy, and have been hyped about the 1000 possibilities of the wiimote since its announcement. Can it really be as good as it sounds?

Back