What old creatures will return?

shaggy2039 said:
something looks really un-natural with that thing in an urban environment....is that screen real?

Sewers I guess.

I did the same thing and found a
yellow and black bullsquid i think, just another variation on creatures like the ant lion differs, possibly old?
pretty cool tbh :bounce:

yeh wen i first played the part with the first gargantua part i had no idea wt to do and i used all my ammon on it and it died but i had no ammo left and was force to quickload

Okay, really people.

NO MORE PICTURES OF THE BULLSQUID.

NONE have been released by Valve.

Any picture you find is FROM THE LEAK.

LEAK = BAN.

Now.. Let me clarify...

The Houndeye was said to be in the game by a review.. Yet there is no model file for it in the GCF's... BUT I did find hints of it in some other GCF's.

And some of you are saying they aren't going to include it?

Hmm. All sounds iffy.

well like i posted befor iv seen some scans of raising the bar

and on the collection of unused aliens page, the houndeye is on that page

who knows may be its fake, but then again it cant be as cliffe said it was a scan of raising the bar

Exactly what i said early on in this thread spider...

And stop winding up vegeta, he gets angry easily and you are surely doing this on purpose now!

junglespider said:
well like i posted befor iv seen some scans of raising the bar

and on the collection of unused aliens page, the houndeye is on that page

who knows may be its fake, but then again it cant be as cliffe said it was a scan of raising the bar
But the question is...

Does that section include aliens that were in HL1, but not in HL2? If it does, then houndeyes still might not be in the game, because they were used "in the Half-Life series"

Glenn- Lot's of people want to be SUPRISED by the cool looks of the bullsquid and barnacle.

And now the people that looked at those pictures have been spoiled, and you made their experience that much worse.

And, it's AGAINST THE RULES. DON'T BLAME ME.

vegeta897 said:
But the question is...

Does that section include aliens that were in HL1, but not in HL2? If it does, then houndeyes still might not be in the game, because they were used "in the Half-Life series"

dont think so ..
all iv seen on the scan is a page full of aliens and on the left hand side it says a collection of unused aliens

junglespider said:
vegeta897 said:
But the question is...

dont think so ..
all iv seen on the scan is a page full of aliens and on the left hand side it says a collection of unused aliens
So.. Answer my question then...

Does it show monsters that are in HL1 but not in HL2?

Edit: And shorten that sig! Max length <= 4 lines.

vegeta897 said:
But the question is...

Glenn- Lot's of people want to be SUPRISED by the cool looks of the bullsquid and barnacle.

And, it's AGAINST THE RULES. DON'T BLAME ME.

Fair point it is against the rules, but don't click the links! They are not direct picture, you have gotta click on the pictures to see them and be spoiled, you need more self control if you really dont wanna be spoiled...or do you? :upstare:

Jesus Vegeta ur cranky tonight, every reply u do tonight is stroppy and demanding, calm it m8

Hectic Glenn said:
Exactly what i said early on in this thread spider...

And stop winding up vegeta, he gets angry easily and you are surely doing this on purpose now!

im winding him up ... if so all my stiff is in tags and i dont think i been winding him up hes said nothing to me

vegeta897 said:
So.. Answer my question then...

Does it show monsters that are in HL1 but not in HL2?

Edit: And shorten that sig! Max length <= 4 lines.

and to this question the only one i see from hl-1 is the
houndeye

plus raising the bar got nothing to do with hl-1

Vegeta in HL there were files of creatures which did not make it into the final game.. but these files are there and pple can view them.
perhaps its the same with the hints u have seen of houndeyes being in HL2? i'd imagine Valve again would include enemies which they thought would fit into the game but did not in the final game.

Type in 'bullsquid' on google , and there are loads of pics of yellow bullsquids, which look too detailed for hl1

In the Alpha, there was a Houndeye model. Unfortunately, the model viewer that came with the Alpha couldn't view it for some reason.

I hope to God that they're in Half-Life 2. They were cool.

Hell, I'd like to see ALL the old enemies in HL2, just so I could see their new Source models, how they interact with all the other enemies, and... Well, I miss them, dammit.

A Gargantua/Strider fight in HL2 would make me cream my pants. Too bad it probably isn't gonna happen.

FYI, that link doesn't contain all the enemies in the Alpha.

And I'm surprised that this thread has actually gotten away with so much Alpha material. Not that I mind, of course.

Hectic Glenn said:
Gargs would be nice to see fight a strider...but i dunno if they'd fit in with city17 and all that malarky.

As a real Gabetologist: "You can mod it",

I would like to let you people know that the yellow bullsquid isn't a bullsquid, its offical name is the bullchicken, it was going to be in the orignal hl1, but they pulled it out. Same as with the panthereye, a variant of the houndeye that was bigger and more badass.

There is a model for the

houndeye

in the leak, but it won't open :(

Absinthe said:
In the Alpha, there was a Houndeye model. Unfortunately, the model viewer that came with the Alpha couldn't view it for some reason.

I hope to God that they're in Half-Life 2. They were cool.

Hell, I'd like to see ALL the old enemies in HL2, just so I could see their new Source models, how they interact with all the other enemies, and... Well, I miss them, dammit.

A Gargantua/Strider fight in HL2 would make me cream my pants. Too bad it probably isn't gonna happen.

In a gargantua vs. strider fight, I'll put my money on the gargie... One swipe from his heavy arms would take out a strider's leg. Not to mention the gargie is like an armadillo.

MadHatter said:
In a gargantua vs. strider fight, I'll put my money on the gargie... One swipe from his heavy arms would take out a strider's leg. Not to mention the gargie is like an armadillo.

Except that the striders singularity cannon could probably nuke a gargantua in one shot. :rolling:

Animal said:
Except that the striders singularity cannon could probably nuke a gargantua in one shot. :rolling:

I don't know... Those bastards could absorb a lot of heavy damage; things like numerous grenades, RPG rockets and blasts from the gauss cannon. Plus gargies are fast... All a gargie has to do is knock the strider down, step on it and fry it.

Edgar said:
I would like to let you people know that the yellow bullsquid isn't a bullsquid, its offical name is the bullchicken, it was going to be in the orignal hl1, but they pulled it out. Same as with the panthereye, a variant of the houndeye that was bigger and more badass.

The larger-than-a-garg purple panther appeared in a single-player mission: Chris Spain's (he of the rats-map originator fame) excellent Edge of Darkness IIRC. Quite a tough SOB as it could shoot lighting out of its eye and you were stuck in a single large room with it.

There was tons of creatures in the main pak file for HL1 that were left out for one reason or another: stukabats, giant slug-like controllers, chumtoads, etc. Neil Manke put most of them into his Darkstar mod.

Hopefully even if Valve have left a lot of the original monsters out of HL2 they'll still be included in an unused pak file somewhere just waiting to be unleashed by modders.

I wish that the Gargs were in HL2. :( It was really fun fighting against them.

Back