What song will you play as Half-Life 2 unlocks?

Some hardcore shit...'Sic' - Slipknot. Probably 'Schools Out For Summer' - Alice Cooper...but I will be thinking 'HL2's out forever!' and last but not least some 'Sweet Emotion' - Aerosmith, because I will have a sweet emotion after it's released. :D

right now i have the strokes, oasis, and coldplay in my cd player and i usually keep 3 cds in there for a week or so on rotation. so ill probably listen to those, or an mp3 on my computer until it crashes the instalation and i get pissed off and have to do it again.

As much as I can appreciate motivational theme soundtrack type music etc.

You realize the time it takes to get the song going is time you could be spending installing the game instead.

something by rammstein..... or

J. Geils Band - Freeze Frame

had that played at my last two parties and my formal

ROFL

dan_brew said:
Benny Hill theme show music
Genius.
What about The Final Countdown by Europe? Land of Hope and Glory? Anything by Rod Stewart or Shakademis and Pliers. Yes.

jicon97 said:
Jeff Wayne's "War of the Worlds"

If you've never seen the album art from the original LP, or heard the first fifteen minutes of the album, give it a listen.

Brilliant Album.
"The Eve of War" would be a good choice.

"Unknown Artist - Track 4 (44kHz)"

I love that song.

EDIT: BTW, I remember Razorback from ut'99...man, I have to find those songs, they were actually pretty good :D

Maybe Stockhausens Helicopter Quartet or Rush 2112 - depends what mood i am in ...

Wait! i Need to change mine....

Louis Armstrong - What a wonderful world!!

...I suck at this, Ill just play whatever i think of first...

The Butthole Surfers - I saw an X-ray of a girl passing gas

Good question.

What will i play as hl2 unlocks/installs.. haha, thinking about it makes me happy.

i will play, as hl2 installs..
Boards of Canada - Dawn Chorus
2Pac - Good Life
Boards of Canada - Kid for Today
Immortal Technique - Revolutionary
Mr Scruff - So Long
Tamara - Concavo Y Convexo
Astrud Gilberto - Ponteio
Andy Y Lucas - Son De Amores
Andy Y Lucas - Caido Del Cielo
Andy C - Roll On
(ok i think that's enough ive gone a bit overboard. heck i think i'll have that as my playlist for today actually.)

As it unlocks: Boards of Canada - Seeya Later

Definitely:

Human Shields by Fear Factory.

It has the perfect dystopic 1984 feel, plus the lyrics mirror the city 17 feel quite nicely as well.

nothing... i want complete silence when i start steam and after that half-life 2 on the 16th

Mjolnir said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jicon97
Jeff Wayne's "War of the Worlds"

If you've never seen the album art from the original LP, or heard the first fifteen minutes of the album, give it a listen.

Brilliant Album.
"The Eve of War" would be a good choice.

Exactly! Great tune.

quote from first page
"Hallelujah - Mormon Tabernacle Choir"

LOL!!!!!1

You are my hero!

I shall play nothing, as it will wake my parrents... who are in the next room...

Guns n Roses- Don't Cry, followed by Welcome to the Jungle

goldenboi said:
none.... b/c the HL2 release willnot be extraordinary until I've beaten and reached a verdict.
beaten the game or beaten yourself off over the loading screen?

The lyrics of the song I will be listening to: "Winamp .. Winamp .. It really kicks the llama's ass..<sheep sounds>"

John Williams - Chariots of Fire while dancing around the room in slow motion

Bob Marley's "Don't Worry... Be HAPPY!"... wich is exactly what im gonna do.

Drowning Pool - Let The Bodies Hit The Floor

Just to make sure im nice and awake and friggin pumped up for playing...

Dave :D

"I have a dream - Martin Luther King"

"Free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty, we are free at last."

KillaH said:
nothing... i want complete silence when i start steam and after that half-life 2 on the 16th

Great idea..

Instead I'll have just have some hL2 day music playing throughout my travels since i'm buying retail. I've got to trek to manchester city centre and buy the game from whichever shop is selling/has it in stock. Then get home safely without being robbed. Should be amusing.

Probably either "Losing my religion" by R.E.M or "Feel" by Robbie Williams or both!!

Truly great songs! :D

in fact i'm re-sequencing "Feel" as part of my music tech coursework at college. Great fun!!! ...and it also keeps me occupied whilst waiting for HL2!

Back