What. Wait. No hard-core gore?

There should be some gibbing. I just hope the gore isn't limited to zombies.

Im pretty confident that there wont be any human gibbing. However as long as its possible fan made mods will have it.

Im also confident dod:source wont have it either, because the dod team seem to have a big thing against it. Bummer.

urseus said:
Im also confident dod:source wont have it either, because the dod team seem to have a big thing against it. Bummer.

Eh? When did they say that?

Like, they have some moral thing against it, or they just don't think it would feel right?

It's a realistic WWII mod. T5hey almost have to include some gore now that the engine can support it properly.

Nope. Ever since beta 2 they have stopped all kinds of gore. The only bit youll see is blood sprite when you kill somone.

In beta 1.3 if you were hit close range with a nade, youd gibb. That itself wasnt all that relisitic, but most of us replaced the gibb model with torso and limb models. So it was possible and worked fine.

However in beta 2 they recoded it so that you never ever gibb. Which i guess i agree with considering you get hit by a german concussion gren it wont tear your arm off, however you get a gren going off in your chest or a rocket in the head i want to see some gibbs. Id say they will just use ragdoll to its full capacity, grens blowing you sideways and such, but i dont expect to see arms torn off by mg42 fire unfortunatly.

Urseus, very rarely I see bodies gibbing in DoD, is this a bug/glitch or something? It doesn't happen often, but I've seen it.

Heaps rarly ive seen a head come off actually, but nowhere as often as it should. There was a big debate about it once on the forums, but they just shoved it off. Pity, every single gamer loves gore, but developers seem to just love denying it.

Oh the gibbing in Dod beta 1.3 brings back memories. Totally unrealistic but insanely awesome.

I hope the next breed of modders don't take out good things like that as their mods progress.

Back