What was the last pc game that got you this hyped?

H

HaloEleven

The last game that i was just hanging out for would have to have been....GTA3. Probably because it was the first of the series that was going to be in 3D. Splinter Cell i was looking forward to for ages. Unreal 2003 also got me pretty hyped but that turned out to be a flop.

This is the first time I've been hyped over a game.

black and white.

man i couldn't wait for that.
but contrary to most people's opinions, i rather enjoyed it. multiplayer support was WAY too lackluster on lionhead's part, though.

I've looked forward to lots of games, however I've never felt like I do about Half-Life 2.

Breaking the pattern, I'm going to have to say the only other game I was this hyped over was The Legend Of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time. Totally loved that game.

Originally posted by SupaKoopa
black and white.

man i couldn't wait for that.
but contrary to most people's opinions, i rather enjoyed it. multiplayer support was WAY too lackluster on lionhead's part, though.
I looked forward to that game longer than I played it... but if was pretty fun... couldn't finish it... but still fun. :cheese:

Neverwinter Nights was the last one... DAMN THEM FOR NOT MAKING THE CHARACTER VAULT. It ruined it all. The editor was fun, though.

Black and White before that. I loved that entire game except for the micromanagement of the villages... I don't like micromanaging things.

Hmm, last game I was really excited about... Uh, I'm fairly certain it was Neverwinter Nights. That game was supposedly going to be an awesome single player experience with an incredible editor for real D&D sessions. Worked out pretty well, the options where there, but it didn't execute very well.

everyone thought the characters would be on 1 server , but it turned out that it would be local (harddrive) and if it wasnt on local it was on a certain server. :\ Had they made it like diablo2 where you would log into your account then it would of ruled.

Originally posted by Tork
everyone thought the characters would be on 1 server , but it turned out that it would be local (harddrive) and if it wasnt on local it was on a certain server. :\ Had they made it like diablo2 where you would log into your account then it would of ruled.
Oh yeah... wording threw me off there...

I never even expected it, but, yeah, it would have been nice!

I never liked NWN. The first screenshots was quite ugly (a halfnude lady with a badass spider? Come on...). One thing that got me REALLY excited was the Halo trailer and screenshots... But we all know how usefull that excitement was :dozey:

Character Vault... ?

They had said time after time that they were going to make a secure character vault... so you could make your character and then check it into the vault when you left a server, it would validate things etc. Basically it would prevent people from cheating and let people use one character across many different servers and campaigns. A lot of the mods and designs people came up with depended on this.

Buuuuuutttttt.... somewhere along the way they decided to SCREW EVERYONE over and not make it. You either had the option of letting players store the characters on their computer (aka "allow cheating"), or force players to create characters local to the server. In the case of the latter, you had to create a new character and start from level one on every server.

It completely ruined multiplayer for me.

Oh, yes, and the fact that they never made any cloaks for the game, so you were stuck with some billow stupid looking clothing for your mage.

Originally posted by nostgard
They had said time after time that they were going to make a secure character vault... so you could make your character and then check it into the vault when you left a server, it would validate things etc. Basically it would prevent people from cheating and let people use one character across many different servers and campaigns. A lot of the mods and designs people came up with depended on this.

Buuuuuutttttt.... somewhere along the way they decided to SCREW EVERYONE over and not make it. You either had the option of letting players store the characters on their computer (aka "allow cheating"), or force players to create characters local to the server. In the case of the latter, you had to create a new character and start from level one on every server.

It completely ruined multiplayer for me.

Oh, yes, and the fact that they never made any cloaks for the game, so you were stuck with some billow stupid looking clothing for your mage.
Yeah I had like ONE good NWN multiplayer experience... :dozey:

Needless to say, I made SINGLEPLAYER mods...

Jedi Knight. PC Gamer (back when they were good) had a 10+ pages exclusive with cutscenes (that were actually filmed, no in-game crud) and the lightsaber. oooooooooooh!

And when I actually bought the game, whee! I was in heaven!

Riven: The Sequel to Myst

Then..

Myst III: Exile

Seems strange that the third game I'd be hyped about would be Half-Life 2. "One of theessee thingss, doesssnn'tt beelloonnggg".

Giants Citizen Kabuto

I waited so long for that game and they ruined it by taking all the stuff out that would have made it rock.

I remember when Quake 2 hit the stores is was chaos, cool SP and multi was awsome.

bastion.. im suprised no one else said quake2. i remember reading every preview of q2 and then the test came out and i tried putting it on opengl setting and it went 1-2 fps.. so i bought a voodoo 1 :) then a banshee.. and then a 9700pro.. what a jump up...

now i get like 400-500 fps in q2..

Max Payne. I read a few previews and I was hooked on it from the get go.

And I'm still more excited for Deus Ex Invisible War than HL2... since DX is the best game ever. :)

I remember when we played Quake 1 wow, when Quake 2 came out we all had a lan party with coax & BnC connectors ( bus topology ) and we all thought we were the baddest people in town, its funny when I look back on it.... its amazing how times change so fast, I had 2 VooDoo2's running in SLI mode with a #9 Imagine 128 bit 2D grafx card with 4MB of VRAM {$90.00 a MB } couse it could read & write in 1 cycle, so you had 3 PCI cards 2-3D cards and 1-2D card all togather, the #9 128 was 499.00 in 1995 hahah those were the days.

Seriosuly, the LAST thing that has had me this hyped was Black And White. That game was cool. I still have it installed, but haven't played in ages. I hated how reptetative it got in the later round though. Less of a story and more of a Strategy game.

I have never ever been this hyped over a computer game! NEVER! But Doom2 and Red alert did hype me pretty much too.

I'm not hyped, but something that was abound the same was cs beta 6.1 or sumthing...

I have to say the last game I was -really- hyped about was Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time. Got up on 5am on the Black Friday -right- after release and fought six stores to find a copy. But, I did it!

After that, I have to say it's DX: The Invisible War (Total Agreement with earlier Poster about DX..) and then HL2.

Back