What'd you say?

GhostValkyrie

Reaction score
WiredShock Headcrab Registered: Oct 2003

beta hi got a link to da beta? or what irc rooms are the best to go ? cheers

WiredShock Headcrab Registered: Oct 2003

Re: Hmmm... quote: GhostValkyrie wrote on 10-10-2003 03:38 AM: You know. I haven't supported the distribution of the ILLEGAL beta from the start. I don't know why I should suddenly give out information as to it's where abouts. I'm sorry friend, I can't tell you where it is. Sorry if I mislead you in the previous PM.

-Ghost.

lollll you just read my post about the fact im trying to nail people and your nailed!

These ere both PMs from the righteous WiredShock. He had sent me a Private Message about the beta, as you can see. I told him to meet me in an IRC room, on a certain server. I wanted to see what his deal was with wanting the beta from me...Of all people he chose me!!! (Writing PMs back and forth take so long.) Then I decided my time wasn't worth and I'd just tell him how it is. Anyone who's seen me post, and chatted w/ me in IRC knows I oppose the distribution of the beta. This software was not copied from a CD someone bought, it was out right stolen. But apparently WS didn't like my reply and has now started a crusade to cover his tracks. Guess what. You're not helping your cause by openly telling the hack supporters your reporting them. Trust me, I've seen people who have said that on this board, and when they go into a channel trafficing the beta things get quiet 70+% of the time. That's a large margin.
I don't know who's side you're on, but I don't like it when people try to target others, especially ones on their side, just to make themselves look good. You were going to D/L the beta had I have not told you I don't like this thing. I really hate to do this, because it makes me look like some community traitor to a lot of people, I'm sure. *And VALVe won't take action against any single persons, other than the hacker and sites distributing the stolen property...well, those who refuse to take it down.*

This really sickens me and hurts my faith in the community efforts to combat these criminal acts. I'm going to continue to do this on my own. I don't, and I doubt the community really does, need people like you to help with this. I think you're one of the guys hoping for a reward from VALVe, like some people I've read about. Thanks for screwing up my day you ass.

-Ghost.

BTW: What did you think you were going to do? Get my e-mail and send it to VALVe because I wanted to meet you in an IRC room? Oh please...

anyone care? anyone? raise your hands, we've got to get this sorted out immediately.

Fantastic.

Why do I want to read your mail?
Who are you?
What makes makes your views unique?
Does it matter what you think?
To anyone?

This post is because this community is turning on eachother like a pack of hungry wolves without food. This isn't a deep feeling, or even someting with miniscule bearing in my life. But it's a serious flaw that shouldn't be happening. If you people want to work together then stop snapping eachother's heads off. I didn't say anyone wanted to read my mail. I was talking about the fact that WS thought he could not only report for something I didn't do, but the fact that he doesn't have a
feasible plan.

-Ghost.

You people just don't get it do you? It's not like you can physically hunt this man, and everyone D/Ling it, down. Just report any links and leave the rest alone.

GV, i love you, but if you have a problem with one particular member take it up with him and/or the mods.

why is everybody going vigilante? whether u believe it or not, u CANT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. People need to stop complaining, and if u dont want anything to do with beta, fine, dont download beta or whatever. If u choose to download it, then do it aslong as u support valve in the end and still buy the game. Calm down. U cant track everyone down, so lets just deal with it.

People are stupid.

The reason this board is crap is because of the popularity of half life.

Most people that post on boards, do when its a small group, they have an interest, they are pretty technically apt.

But since half-life is so popular you have people who have never used forums before.

All the stupid people rise to the surface, and the community suffers.

I wonder when people are going to start reporting their friends that they know have the beta? *splash of sarcasm* Oh, wait...your friends are different...I see how it is.

Anyone see the hypocrisy? Belive me, lots of people have friends with the beta. Including me.

If people are going to go off to the deep end, they'd might as well swim to the bottom.

-Ghost.

jesus what a completely pointless thread to put this completely pointless response in...

Back