What's the big deal in capturing Saddam ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

coolvoodoo

Please don't flame me for knowing nothing on this business. For give me for being noob in this business, I don't know nothing in middel east countries, business and political situation; PLease someone enlight me.

Everyone i met today seem to be glade of hearing the news on the capture of Saddam.

1.Can someone tell me why these people, no matter italian, canadian, french speakers, white or black people that i met today are so happy( are they pretentious ??!) about the capture of Saddam ???

2.What Saddam has done so bad ???

Originally posted by thehunter1320
....... are u joking? :dozey:

I'm serious, please tell me what u know , are u happy about the capture? why u're happy ??? please answer.

this guy come to me and ask whether i'm happy about the capture, i tell him i'm indifferent, then he starts saying thing like :"how could someone possibly being not happy...". but when i ask this guy why he's so happy, nothing relevant comes out from his mouth. I just find some people to be pretentious and political idiots, but still they are better than me, so i decide to come here to inform myself.

Hes one less leader for terrorists to back up
The fact that we captured him alive keeps him from being a martyr for them
He will not rise to power again to reassume the power and terror he had over his people
He will be punished by those people for what he has done to them
Its a great moral victory for our troops
Et cetera...

This guys makes me think

Who has been liveing under a rock for 8 months, Saddem.. or him?

:p

Yes, i live under the rock for about couple of years, i was in the prison, ok , now can u forgive me for knowing nothing in this business??? and tell me something relevant, could you please to grant me the chance to know the society and the world again by enlighten me. I will thank you.

The question that i ask are:
1-are you happy about the capture of Saddam ??
2-Why ??
3- what makes Bush and few other oriental leaders to send their armies to Iraq to destroy Saddam's empire ??

PLease stop acting pretentious and tell me something relevant.

What are you getting at here? No offense, but your story sounds like total bull. You've been in prison for the last couple of years in what country? Here in America, we give our prisoner's TV for God's sake. Surely you had access to a newspaper. At least you must have heard talk around the prison of it.

Oh and if you've been in prison, you must be old enough to have been around the first time this happened ten years ago.

Originally posted by spookymooky
Hes one less leader for terrorists to back up
The fact that we captured him alive keeps him from being a martyr for them
He will not rise to power again to reassume the power and terror he had over his people
He will be punished by those people for what he has done to them
Its a great moral victory for our troops
Et cetera...

Thanks, you are the only guy so far in this thread who's able to enlighten me with relevant information.

do u mean that u're happy because the U.S army has successfully done something moral ??? Do you think that there's some other causes involved in this war, such as oil, money, world wide power ??? If so, do u still think that the american are fighting for a "moral" cause ??

Originally posted by coolvoodoo
Thanks, you are the only guy so far in this thread who's able to enlighten me with relevant information.

do u mean that u're happy because the U.S army has successfully done something moral ??? Do you think that there's some other causes involved in this war, such as oil, money, world wide power ??? If so, do u still think that the american are fighting for a "moral" cause ??
Yes, oil and money, and power is a huge part of this. But that doesnt keep it from being the right thing to do.

Originally posted by spookymooky
What are you getting at here? No offense, but your story sounds like total bull. You've been in prison for the last couple of years in what country? Here in America, we give our prisoner's TV for God's sake. Surely you had access to a newspaper. At least you must have heard talk around the prison of it.

Oh and if you've been in prison, you must be old enough to have been around the first time this happened ten years ago.

in cambogia, i'm refugee, now i live in Canada. during my time in prison, the only i can and i strike to do is to learn english.

I just find some people to be pretentious and political idiots, but still they are better than me
Clearly.

so i decide to come here to inform myself.
Kind of an odd choice for that...

i read the newspaper earlier this week that France, German, Canada and Russia won't be able to get the contract for reconstruction of the petrol industry in Iraq, because they were anti war while Bush was proposing to them on "invading" Iraq. One american company gets the contract, the leaders of the company has generously financed Bush's electoral campaign. The company gets money, Bush gets power and money later, the mutual relationship is clear.

saddam has killed thousands of his own people and is the dictator of a country he has turned evil.

am i evil to take over your bank account and spend ur goods ???

none human is much worse or better than other human; moral issues can always be created; desires are what human are here to fulfil; greedy is the impulse.

I think you know full well what is going on :) - and just wanted to state that the motives behind the war were oil (which they very well could be).

Either way Saddam is an evil bastard, and now he's fooked :)

/soz if i'm wrong

Originally posted by ph34r t3h cute
This guys makes me think

Who has been liveing under a rock for 8 months, Saddem.. or him?

:p

i agree that i have been living under a rock, but if that's all u're able to say upon the topic, u wast ur time over the rock.

are u happy on the happy ??
are u able to tell why ??

if u can't answer with something relevant, u're the same as that guy who yell at me today with nothing intelligent coming out from his sh1t hole.

Yes, i live under the rock for about couple of years, i was in the prison, ok , now can u forgive me for knowing nothing in this business??? and tell me something relevant, could you please to grant me the chance to know the society and the world again by enlighten me. I will thank you.

The question that i ask are:
1-are you happy about the capture of Saddam ??
2-Why ??
3- what makes Bush and few other oriental leaders to send their armies to Iraq to destroy Saddam's empire ??

PLease stop acting pretentious and tell me something relevant.

Yatta , hello sir.

reg: Dec 2003.

i'm sorry to put up all this, in fact what i'm really interested in is to know how many of you actually know something concrete about the war and have a solid opinion, how many of you are hypocretic, how many of you are political idiots, how many of you are totally blind, how many of you, by my opinion, deserve to die.

Originally posted by DimitriPopov
Yatta , hello sir.

reg: Dec 2003.

yes, Dec 2003, what does it prove ??

yes, it's a survey, i'm randomly picking up forums, in america and europe, of different age groups, preferences, sex, etc. Just to see what these people can output.

I could of been more helpfull, or I could of told you to watch a tv, or read a newspaper, or many online news sites.

but no, you come too a half life 2 website? Why..?

how many of you are hypocretic, how many of you are political idiots, how many of you are totally blind, how many of you, by my opinion, deserve to die.

:dozey: Well please god dont tell me Im an idiot and deserve to die, I care so much about a morons opinion of me..

Weird weird person. Go away. We are not test hampsters.

yes, it's a survey, i'm randomly picking up forums, in america and europe, of different age groups, preferences, sex, etc. Just to see what these people can output.
Hmm? This just seems strange...

Anyways, hullo yatta!

Well, as long as Yatta was discovered so fast this time, all is well!

BTW, "none human is much worse or better than other human; moral issues can always be created; desires are what human are here to fulfil; greedy is the impulse."

Have you ANY idea the kind of things Saddam has done to his own people? Moral issues needn't be created in this case.

i'm sorry to put up all this, in fact what i'm really interested in is to know how many of you actually know something concrete about the war and have a solid opinion, how many of you are hypocretic, how many of you are political idiots, how many of you are totally blind, how many of you, by my opinion, deserve to die.

Well, lets see.........

You're a hypocrite for saying you think we should die because we think it is a good thing Saddam was captured.

You've been living under a rock for a long time and know little about what has been happening, but feel it necessary to call us political idiots?
Ignorance becomes stupidity when you broadcast it.

As far as I’m concerned, living under a rock is being totally blind, even if only temporarly. How do you think you know any better than any of us if you’ve been living under a rock.

-

One other thing that makes me think you’re full of bullshit is how come you don’t remember anything from the first time the USA went to Iraq? I mean how long were you in prison? Did you do something incredibly bad? Is that why you’re defending Saddam?

-

For your information, I have communicated directly with people in Iraq on occasions, and they tell me how horrible of a person he is. Some of the people I talk to have actually had families who’ve been killed by Saddam. When the US took over, they were much much happier, but also afraid because they were afraid Saddam would come back. I haven’t talked to any Iraqis since Saddam’s capture, but if you saw that enthusiastic Iraqi reporter at the news conference, I can tell you that the vast majority of Iraqis are that excited, and want him killed as soon as possible.

Some people defend him saying he hasn’t killed 5 million people or 20 million people. What does everyone want to happen to a person who murders 5 people? What about a murderer who killed 1 person? Would you want them running loose?

Maybe being in prision has warped your mind, or some screwed up politically correct bull shit makes you think every person in the world is exactly the same. While I am very against discrimination for reasons of race, religion, sex, and other attributes people can’t change, the truth is people can be very very different from each other.

What differentiates a person who sacrifices their own life to save another from a person who as quickly as a mood change murders countless people?

Whether or not the USA’s occupation of Iraq is justified and whether or not the intentions of the US are pure, the capture of Saddam is a incredibly great thing for the people of Iraq.

Ok, coolvoodoo. Don't believe in everything your bible thumpin daddy tells you, ok?

You let one man kill and get away with it then others will follow. Sadam has become Hitler's predecessor. From the way you sound, there isn't anything wrong with slaughtering millions of innocent Jews. That didn't make Hitler worse of a human being?

We the US are trying to maintain a state of order in this world. We aren't sitting back with are head turned, acting like nothing is going on. Other countries despise us for interfering with this Middle East discomfort, but who are they going to come crawling to when this type of conflict is happening in their backyards?

I don't think this war had anything to do with oil. If we wanted the oil we could of taken it back in Desert Storm. We were just sick of terrorism and the tyrants behind it. Sadam is one notch on the wall, more will come.

You can hate us, call us arrogant. But atleast we have the balls to make a difference!

Haters...come and get me!

Originally posted by chu
Sadam has become Hitler's successor.

The guy actually based himself on Stalin....

Okay, coolvoodoo. A sitrep. Saddam Hussein was one of th line of dictators installed in Iraq by the US government. We supplied him with weapons and training. But in the early 90s he invaded Kuwait (I think) and the UN, and specifically the US (who turned their backs on him) were not happy. The US sent in troops and with their superior technology and training pushed the Iraqis out of Kuwait. Now, I'm not actually sure what happened after that, lol. They must have let him of with a caution.
Saddam was a very evil man. His Iraq was like Soviet Russia - I don't think the details need to be explained. Suffice to say, even say anything vaguely in opposition to Saddam and you'd get a swift visit from the secret police.
Recently, in the aftermath of the 9/11 fiasco, Saddam was accused of hordeing weapons of mass destruction. It was thought he might use these (nukes, chemical bombs, etc) to wreak his revenge on the US and on Europe. UN inspectors were sent in and found nothing, however soon George Bush gave him an ultimatum: Get out of Iraq or we go to war. Saddam, I assume, thought they were bluffing and bore the full brunt of a Us/Uk invasion. Basically, we won. Quite easily I might add, and with no sign of Saddam's supposed weapons of mass destruction. The fact that he didn't use them to repel our invasion would point to the conclusion that he didn't have any in the first place, Anyway, he was a brutal leader and most of the Iraqi polulace were joyful. However, Saddam himself slipped away; we never found him.
Except now he's been found in a hole in the ground in Tikrit. Apparently it really is him, and everyone's happy.
I can't pretend that oil and territory played a part in this war. Undoubtedly, some of the motives were to get the Iraqi's rich oil. It is also possibly that the US saw Iraq as a sort of 'staging base' for further counter-terrorist campaigns.
So while I doubt Saddam was ever a threat to the west, the world rejoices that his "despicable, brutal regime" is finally over.

Happy, Yatta?

Did anyone else notice that coolvoodoo's english improved rapidly over the course of this thread?

Yep totally true o_0 maybe he likes to read?? :dozey:

And why would somebody who just got out of prison think to himself "OMG I gotta check out the opinions of Saddam on the halflife2.net forums -_-" Gee, I can sense the legitimacy behind his story....and even if there is, why here??
This isn't even a political forum o_0, out of all places, this would probably be the last anyone would visit when it comes to serious political conversations/debates o_0

coolvoodoo=supertrooper=yatta

Prisoner in Cambodia for pas few years? Therefore you do not know Saddam ? come on!

Saddam has been leader for the past 35 (!!) years and has always been a dictator. So it was quite obvious that your story is a lot of bull.

Nice try though

did anyone else see his "I'm the best in the world at CS" post on the 10% of your brain thread... (1st page i think)

they let him play CS in jail?

the guy is so full of BS

roflmao

I just find some people to be pretentious and political idiots, but still they are better than me, so i decide to come here to inform myself.
Well done sir: You are honest and humble and you deserve to be applauded for that, if nothing else. If you don't know what Saddam did that's so awful then that's cool because we all had to find out at some point, through some means. People: lay off him slightly for that reason. Were you born with the knowledge? Didn't think so, so teach and help to understand rather than mock - where'll that get you?
Anyway, what people have said is pretty spot on (except for the new Hitler bit: That was more like Milosevic)
This isn't even a political forum o_0, out of all places, this would probably be the last anyone would visit when it comes to serious political conversations/debates -Spectator
Erm... Why? This is "General Discussion" and seeing as politics is a fairly important subject why shouldn't it be discussed here? Many of my friends have quite similar political views to me and so it's very interesting (albeit infuriating at times) to come here and see what other people from other countries think about certain things.

Finally, I personally think Saddam's capture is important because:
1. He can be brought to justice for the way he treated the people of Iraq, in particular the Kurds.
2. It will deflect attention from the fact that they STILL haven't captured Osama bin Laden.
3. It gives a certain amount of justification to that illegal war in the Middle East which will, in turn, probably help Bush win the upcoming election <sighs>
4. He can tell them where the "WMDs" are. If they're there at all :hmph:

We'll have to wait and see what the repercussions are.

from now on i'm suspicious of any zombie on these forums.

i'm glad some of you cottoned on after about oooo 15 posts. this guy's story doesn't add up.

anyway, paying for an internet connection and waiting for responses from us monkeys isn't the best way to get the 'response of the people'. buy some independant newspapers in your area, listen to local radio.

could you give us some links to other forums you're using for your quest? and your screen name so we know who's posts to look for.

EDIT: poor grammar

Originally posted by el Chi
Erm... Why? This is "General Discussion" and seeing as politics is a fairly important subject why shouldn't it be discussed here? Many of my friends have quite similar political views to me and so it's very interesting (albeit infuriating at times) to come here and see what other people from other countries think about certain things.

For someone who "supposedly" just got out of jail and is so called "trying to update on Saddam's capture", why would they do it on a Half Life 2 off topic forum first out of all places

This "coolvoodoo" individual is actually another, unknownish forum user who stopped posting recently ( 19-11-2003 | 09:29 PM ) and speaks better English than he seems to let on in his current account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back