Whats the deal with stryders, dropships, etc.

Sgt. Redneck

Reaction score
Are the stryders and dropships alive or fleshy looking machines or like alive things with machines in them? I am curious.

The most common theory is that they were animals but the combine made then into machines kinda like the borg. EDIT:
The Stalkers are just like this exept human.
but we really dont know

First of all it's Strider and Battleships.
Second I belive those two are really live creatures but they took out the the creatures vital organs and installed computers into the body,so its a ture live creature controled by computers......

i thought dropship was correct..............

lordoftheroot said:
Man i cant wait to battle battleships in HL3 :p . And yes i do know i am a total ass.

no comment.

whats this "battleships" i havnt seen em, ive seen dropships and gunships, but come on battleships!

They're like the vortigaunts, the combine took over their planet and transform them into tools, similiar to stalkers in a way. :D

Do u reckon people will be able to have artifical organs/ or even robotic organs like hearts that will allow us to live forever?
That will be awsome.

Sgt. Redneck said:
Are the stryders and dropships alive or fleshy looking machines or like alive things with machines in them? I am curious.
probably captured and engineered creatures from somewhere, like humans are into stalkers

A synth is something living, mechanicaly oltered by the Combine. Did anyone notice that the biggest thruster on the dropship is being held by fingers!?

heres the generally accepted theory, which was in the 'raising the bar' book.

sfc_hoot said:
Synths: They're another race that the Combine has previously conquered. They were self-replicating robot-like creatures. There are many species of Synth, including Striders, Gunships, Dropships, Shield Scanners, Mortar Synths and Crab Synths. Just like the Overwatch, the Synths are also enhanced with Combine tech, through forceful-evolution though, not implants.

cabbs said:
heres the generally accepted theory, which was in the 'raising the bar' book.
Was raising the bar written by Valve? If not I don't trust it.

i dont have the book, but if its got such an unhealthy amount of detail about the hl universe in it, then it must have ben written at least in conjunction with valve.

Raising the bar is a great book i got it for christmas and i love it. If you can find it i would highly recommend buying it. And yes it it was mostly written by VALVe if not all.

lordoftheroot said:
Raising the bar is a great book i got it for christmas and i love it. If you can find it i would highly recommend buying it. And yes it it was mostly written by VALVe if not all.
Send it to me please.
*"sad_puppy.jpg" file not found

yes it was written in conjunction with valve

all these answers and more can be found using the search command

wolvesrdogs said:
Do u reckon people will be able to have artifical organs/ or even robotic organs like hearts that will allow us to live forever?
That will be awsome.
This is off topic but since I read an article that I vaguely remember in a modern science magazine I will elaborate on it.

They already posses gene altering technology through artificial insemination, to remove defects, improve genes, clone, and make people live to be 200.

So your kid could be that super athelete. But no, you cant upgrade yourself at this point.

This was stated as a fact, in a Discover -type magazine article. Some exactness has been lost due to human error (I forgot)
And yes they have artificial limbs and hearts, of course you know that, but they are VERY expensive. Robotic arms and such are for the really rich amputee.(or well covered insurance)

Facinating eh? I would think there would be quite a bit of "Dr.Experiment-on-myself" type coruption if it were true about the 200 years old, maybe that part was "in the near future" sorry can't remember.

Virus type arnt the robotic limbs available now really basic and crappy like it cant compear to a human arm, and it functions really slowy so u cant do much with it so it may take u a while to pick up say a chess piece?
P.S thanks for answering

OH i saw some of the other synth models in hammer. so why aren't all of those thing in the game? or maybe i just forget.. oh the ride in the capsule rite before you first see stalkers...euah

Back