What's the most climactic moment in Half-Life 2?

I found when you have the final fight with the chopper, and you shoot it to half health, and it starts spamming and dropping bombs like mad, and the explosions are blasting everywhere... I really, really didn't expect that...

The 2 final chapters where Gordon becomes almost invulnerable and he gets the super gravity-gun

trizzm said:
Barney: "Oh yeah, and when you see doctor Breen, tell him to *Dog smashes citadel door closed*!!"

I laughed so hard at that bit :LOL:

Thought of another:

Remember that bit, in Water Hazard? That guy in the sewers?

"Hey, up here" *jumps down* "Looks like you're the last one through. I don't wanna be that poor bastard when they catch him - there's no way he can survive. They're flooding the sewers with manhacks - take these supplies and go on ahead. Ok, let's see now... oh shit, too late!"

That guy was great, especially the way he let go of the pipe. he just looked at it sadly, and dropped it... that was very... weird...

Jintor: That bit confuses me seeing as Gordon is wearing that great whack off HEV suit. How the guy can not notice that is beyond me.

Jintor said:
Thought of another:

Remember that bit, in Water Hazard? That guy in the sewers?

"Hey, up here" *jumps down* "Looks like you're the last one through. I don't wanna be that poor bastard when they catch him - there's no way he can survive. They're flooding the sewers with manhacks - take these supplies and go on ahead. Ok, let's see now... oh shit, too late!"

That guy was great, especially the way he let go of the pipe. he just looked at it sadly, and dropped it... that was very... weird...

Wasn't that in route kanal?

First awe moment for me was opening the outter doors to the trainstation and stepping outside... just beauutiful....

My favorite scary sequence has to be Ravenholm with all those fast zombies **shudders** takes concentratio to not get jumpy around them...

Toughest Part: Strider battle...good lord that was tough

I loved the ending also... never saw it coming... also, I haven't been around for awhile... but something that may be thought about is how Gman can step in and out of Gordon's mind.. I think he may of been tampering with him during his stasis....

The teleportation sequence in Kleiner's lab that goes awry. The best part was when you teleported into Breen's office.

The first time you go in, you startle him at his desk. You zap out and then zap back in, and you see him talking to one of those Combine slugs on the monitor.

Breen: "I'm not absolutely positive but I think it was... *both Breen and the monitor turn to stare at you* ... Gordon Freeman."

That part made my blood run cold because Breen KNEW who you were. The One Free Man. At this point you didn't know that Gordon had worked under Breen at Black Mesa.

sk0aL said:
The teleportation sequence in Kleiner's lab that goes awry. The best part was when you teleported into Breen's office.

The first time you go in, you startle him at his desk. You zap out and then zap back in, and you see him talking to one of those Combine slugs on the monitor.

Breen: "I'm not absolutely positive but I think it was... *both Breen and the monitor turn to stare at you* ... Gordon Freeman."

That part made my blood run cold because Breen KNEW who you were. The One Free Man. At this point you didn't know that Gordon had worked under Breen at Black Mesa.

:naughty: Yep! That was another of my "man, that's sweet" moments...especially when I caught a glimpse of the monitor and was like "omfg lol wtf". It really deepened the sinister nature of the story to learn that this guy you see on screens everywhere, apparently in control of it all, is just a puppet, and takes orders from some blurry potato in a gasmask. Makes you wonder all over again just wtf is going on...

Although technically you did know that Gordon had worked under Breen at Black Mesa cos Alyx told you - "Remember this guy? Your old administrator. Don't get my dad started...." etc etc. Even so, it was a similar feeling to first seeing those 2 metrocops when you have the crowbar...like, shit it's all out in the open now...

One moment that hasn't been mentioned was the bridge sequence when you play chicken with the train. My friend was watching me do this sequence and I kept saying "We're going to make it, we're gonna make it, we, ahhhhhh" - I turn sharply to the opening just as the train comes through the tunnel, the buggy flips, I fall out, and make it through the ordeal with 5 health.

After disabling the generators, going to the top of the stairs and opening the door to the roof. The sound effects of the rockets, gunshots, strider fire, etc. off in the distance (and some not so distant!) just sounded so real. Loved it ... Total mayhem.

Let's try for another one i can think of.

Oh yeah - defending Alyx as she hacks through the gate system and you're freaking getting swarmed by soldiers and elites. That reduced me to camping, you know that? Damn that was hard. And then she climbed up a building and got her ass kicked.

Meh.

Wasn't that climactic, but was fairly memorable.

Strider Battles all the way for me... ducking for cover in a half-ruined building, going AHH!!! and hiding behind what's left of a concrete wall, waiting for the familling *whing whing whing whing whing whing WAH* of the strider's pulse rifle fire... dashing out and looking for one, just one more rocket, please... then falling down some stairs and finding an infinite rocket crate...

Back