What's your favorite quote from the game? (SPOILERS)

L

Lion Wilson

I personally liked this one:

Barney: "If you see Breen, tell him I said, '*CRASH* you!'"

Barney: "Watch those head-humpers Gordon"

I had to pause the game I was laughing so hard :LOL:

I cant remember the exact quote, but right before Anti-citizen one, when you are still in the lab, and you and dog are supposed to go, kleiner says something like
"Please Gordon, Lamarr is intimidated by your crowbar"

Ill check it later

-"Once again, the free man excels at all tasks"

Vortigaunt right before Nova Prospekt. Damn, that was encouraging :D

"Wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." I had goosebumps all over my arms.

My favs:

“As for me... A shepherd must tend to his flock. Especially when they have grown unruly”
Father Grigori, Half-life 2

“Nonsense. Your talents surpass your loveliness”
- Dr. Kleiner, Half-life 2

“The worst she might do is attempt to couple with your head. Fruitlessly”

“You can't just wade into the field, it will peel you apart!”

“Blast that little...where did she get to? Lamarr? Come out of there!”

“Shut it down, shut it down!”

"You've done so well, in fact, that I've received some interesting offers for your services. Ordinarily, I wouldn't contemplate them. But these are extraordinary times."
- G-man, Half-life 2

"Rather than offer you the illusion of free choice, I will take the liberty of choosing for you"
- G-man, Half-life 2

“Dr. Freeman. You really shouldn't be out there. At the moment of synapse, as I teleport, this chamber will be bathed in deadly particles that have yet to be named by human science. Perhaps when I have the leisure to do the work myself, I'll name one after you. That way you won't be completely forgotten.”
-Dr. Breen, Half-life 2

“NOOO YOU NEED ME!”
-Dr. Breen, Half-life 2

“Oh sh*t!”
-Dr. Breen, Half-life 2

"Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences... worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect... impossible to describe with our limited vocabulary"
-Dr. Breen, Half-life 2

"If I'd known you were going come straight up to my office, I wouldn't have bothered hunting you in the first place."
-Dr. Breen, Half-life 2

“There is really no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist"
-Dr. Breen, Half-life 2

“Well, you're not completely worthless... the Combine has held out a staggering bounty for your capture”
-Dr. Breen, Half-life 2

“Instinct slyly and covertly compels us away from change and progress”
-Dr. Breen, Half-life 2

“Instinct tells us that the unknown is a threat, rather than an opportunity.”
-Dr. Breen, Half-life 2

“Refusal to collaborate is simply a refusal to grow--an insistence on suicide, if you will.”
-Dr. Breen, Half-life 2

“I ask you, what greater endeavor exists than that of collaboration?”
- Dr. Breen, Half-life 2

During anticitizen one Barney says something like,
"Did you see a cat? Sorry, I still have nightmares about that thing."
I finally made the connection on my second playthrough.

On Dr. Kleiner's board, there's a note "Find more watermelons for Lamarr".

...How sweet...

:LOL:

Chronos said:
On Dr. Kleiner's board, there's a note "Find more watermelons for Lamarr".

...How sweet...

lmao! probably right by the "Uncle Kleiner" kid's drawing.

My favorite was what one of the female resistance members randomly said to me after we cleared out a room:

"When this is all over, I'm gonna mate."

to which one of the other resistance fighters responded "Yeah, a lot of people are saying that"

"Whats this? Put it over there!"

Breen, laughing at your gravity gun.

"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world."
- The G-Man

Mechagodzilla said:
At the start of Sand Traps, save the guy on the rock.
It's hilarious! :D

Oh yeah, that was great. :D

Heh, and most of the quotes mentioned here are favorites too, so I think I'll just save some extra bytes and just say I like all the ones here.

Mechagodzilla said:
At the start of Sand Traps, save the guy on the rock.
It's hilarious! :D

Argh just tell me what he says/does please! I dun wanna replay sandtraps to that part all over again cuz i didnt save anywhere on that chapter...unless its at the beginning...So what is so funny about what happens when you save him?

My fav quote would be
"Sometimes, I dream about cheese"
-random freeman follower
OR
"Did you hear a cat? That damn thing haunts me!" (or something)
-Good ol' Barney

"I can see how your MIT education really pays for itself...'
-Barney

:D

I like pretty much what everyone says in this game :D

Favorite: "This is the Gravity Gun my father was talking about. You can call it the Zero Point Energy Field Manipulator..........if you really want to."

-Alyx Vance in 'Black Mesa East'

Least Favorite: "I always like to bring a little irony to a firefight."

-Random Resistance Dude in 'Water Hazard'

"Gordon Freeman i presume." - Alyx

"NO! You need me..." - Breen

"Good job gordon, throwing that switch an all...i can see your MIT grad really pays for itself." - Barney

"There can be only one Hedy!"
-Dr. Kliener
"If you see Breen, tell him that I said "Fu-- you!"
-Barney

"I have this tune stuck in my head... doo dee doo doo (etc.)" - Resistance teammate.
Something along those lines. I chuckled. And obviously any references to the cat as have been mentioned before were highlights too.

Where was that tune from? It sounded to me like the song from HL2 near the giant magnet

Personally I really fell for "you can call it the zero point energy weapon ... if you _really_ want to"

Up to that point I wasn't very pleased with how alyx shows feelings (ie: her facial expressions didn't tell me anything) but that one time it really struck me how good this system actually is.

.bog.

Breen - (...)This is not some agent provocateur or highly trained assassin we are discussing. Gordon Freeman is a theoretical physicist who had hardly earned the distinction of his Ph.D. at the time of the Black Mesa Incident. I have good reason to believe that in the intervening years, he was in a state that precluded further development of covert skills. The man you have consistently failed to slow, let alone capture, is by all standards simply that--an ordinary man. (...)

"Sh.t!" - combine sniper naded.
"It's your pet, the freakin' HEADHUMPER!" - Barney, when Lamarr jumps out breaking a wire in the teleport.
"Man of few words, aren't ya.." -Alyx in elevator before Red Letter Day.

Lion Wilson said:
I personally liked this one:

Barney: "If you see Breen, tell him I said, '*CRASH* you!'"

Actually he said very clearly 'F*CK YOU!' and it wasn't some poor censorship from Valve. Check it out in the GCF files, the sound file is in it.

My favorite quote:

'... time, Dr.Freeman? Is it really that time again? It seems as if you only just arrived.'

when you see those two vortogons talking to each other in their native language and then notice you staring at them and say something like they're sorry they'll talk in english unless they are saying something negative....and then start start talking in their native language again...i can't remember the exact quote though

I'm kinda late to dig out the better ones but here some others that made me giggle

"You're quite the returning hero these days" -Barney

"See you when I see you" -Barney

'I wish I could say this was a pleasant surprise but it's neither a surprise nor, as you would surely agree, very pleasant" -Breen

"Rather than offering you the illusion of free choice, I will take the liberty of choosing for you" -G-man

"Stop! we didn't do anything" -Woman when you first get to hit a combine.

"Hit the road jack" -guy after you got the gun on the airboat.

"Only the Universal Union that small minds call the Combine..." -Breen

"Unsofisticated minds continue to imbue him with romantic power giving him such dangerous politic labels as the 'one Free Man' ... Let me remind citizens of the dangers of magical thinking " -Breen

"Thank you for writing, concerned..." -Breen

defienitely Barney's '...and if you see dr Breen, tell him I said f*ck you!' :D

''Rise and shine, Mr. Freeman. Rise and shine. Not that I wish to imply you have been sleeping on the job...''
-G-Man, ''Point Insertion''

''The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world.''
-G-man, ''Point Insertion''

''Time. Time again, so soon?''
-G-Man, ''Dark Energy''

"Rather than offering you the illusion of free choice, I will take the liberty of choosing for you."
-G-man, ''Dark Energy''

''I'm way behind on my...''beating quota''.''
-Barney, ''Point Insertion''

''Ye, nice job Gordon - pulling that switch and all, I can see your MIT graduate really pays for itself.''
-Barney, ''A red letter day''

''Oh right, if you see Breen, tell him I said f*ck you!''
-Barney

''Cat? What cat?''
-Alyx, ''A red letter day''

''Let me do the talking''
-Alyx

My very favorite though:

''This is the Gravity Gun my father was talking about. You can call it the Zero Energy Field Manipulator, if you REALLY want to.

-Alyx, ''Black Mesa East''

That quote REALLY showed off the lovely body language, voice acting and personality Alyx has.

"Now, about that Beer I owed you!" - Barney, Point Insertion

"This is how it always starts, first the street then the entire block"
"They have no reason to come to our place..."
"Don't worry, they'll find one!" - Two Citizens, Point Insertion

"Alright Gordon, lets go outside and have some "fun""
"The Zero Point Energy Field Manipulator Gun is not a toy Alyx!" - Alyx and Mossman, Black Mesa East (this one was great for the same reason that Alyx's later sarcasm is. Just look at the expressions and poses by the characters when those lines are said...)

"one for me and one ... for me!" :D (random fighter grabbing some weapons.. *gg*)

My favorite is less humorous than it is....powerful.
"Look, Gordon. You have destroyed so much. What is it that you have created? Can you name one thing? That's what I thought."
- Dr. Breen.

My favorite:

"Time....Doctor Freeman is it really that time again" G-man

Not sure if I remembered it right. I hope I did it.

Back