What's your favorite quote from the game? (SPOILERS)

My fav was Alyx saying:
"We dont go to Ravenholm...any more."
because you dont know why she says so untill you get there.

Lion Wilson said:
I personally liked this one:

Barney: "If you see Breen, tell him I said, '*CRASH* you!'"

When did he say that?i wanna be sure that i hear it when i reach that part of the game.pls describe as clearly as possible.

Letterhead said:
During anticitizen one Barney says something like,
"Did you see a cat? Sorry, I still have nightmares about that thing."
I finally made the connection on my second playthrough.

He said it to me too.
Only, i think it is more along the lines of: "Did you hear a cat?"

lol, barney's the man.

albinojellyfish said:
Ok, what is with the cat thing? And what's IIRC? Help a newbie out here.

The cat thing is a running joke throughout the whole game. Barney says something about a cat still giving him nightmares after they tested the teleporter on it and Alyx (whom they're about to teleport) keeps asking 'What cat?' tho no one answers her. later in the game, Barney keeps saying neurotic things like 'Did you hear a cat just now? jeez that thing still haunts me'. They never really explain why.

ranmafan said:
Anyone know about the 'hidden' vortigaunt in Water Hazard? Well, when I first met him, he said 'This is more than anyone can bear, but we will persevere...' (or something to that effect). This, while he was staring at the thing roasting in the barbecue pit. ;)
that vortigaunt has a hell of alot to say and half of it is meaningless, he says something different each time you talk to him and it took about five mins for me to get back to the first thing he said.

NickOuellette said:
The cat thing is a running joke throughout the whole game. Barney says something about a cat still giving him nightmares after they tested the teleporter on it and Alyx (whom they're about to teleport) keeps asking 'What cat?' tho no one answers her. later in the game, Barney keeps saying neurotic things like 'Did you hear a cat just now? jeez that thing still haunts me'. They never really explain why.
apparently kleiner and barney sent a cat in the teleporter and never saw it again or it might have come back dead or even worse, completely mutilated.

H3RMAN said:
When did he say that?i wanna be sure that i hear it when i reach that part of the game.pls describe as clearly as possible.
At the end of "follow freeman" when dog lifts up this bit of the citadel so you can enter it through a hole underneath, barney says it just as dog is dropping it back down hence the *crash*.

Audiophile said:
My favorite was what one of the female resistance members randomly said to me after we cleared out a room:

"When this is all over, I'm gonna mate."

to which one of the other resistance fighters responded "Yeah, a lot of people are saying that"

Lion Wilson said:
Barney: "If you see Breen, tell him I said, '*CRASH* you!'"

I love both of these. They will doubtless become classics.

My favorite is ...
"Pick up that can"

Ok not my favorite, but its an original one that I liked.

I loved everything the characters said except for "RELOAD DR. FREEMAN."
Most annoying thing ever.

Merrr said:
At the end of "follow freeman" when dog lifts up this bit of the citadel so you can enter it through a hole underneath, barney says it just as dog is dropping it back down hence the *crash*.

ohh....ok.im gonna run thru it again cuz i din take note what they everyone was talking abt throughout the game cuz i have a tendency to wander off during the talking parts.thanks.

H3RMAN said:

Uh actually if anyone turned captions on he sais

"If you see Breen, tell him I said, fuc*Crash*you" The crash drowns out the word. The captions don't display it fully but it's pretty obvious.

Turn on captions, thats what he sais.

"Hit the road Jack"

-resistance fighters. to gordon after the big gunship fight for the first time.

My theory is that this cat joke refeers to an experiment in Michal Critons Timeline, where a cat came back and was, well...not build up correctly again...I think it had an eye on the back of its head...and since teleporters work the same, it sounds logical.

[q]Up to that point I wasn't very pleased with how alyx shows feelings (ie: her facial expressions didn't tell me anything) but that one time it really struck me how good this system actually is.[/q]

The best facial emotion I saw in the game was near the very, very end, when Alyx calls the elevator for you to catch Breen - and then she stands at the glass and looks very sad. I'm not sure if she says anything- I don't remember (maybe something like "Be careful out there Gordon") - but I do remember thinking ":("

I like Barney's at the end of Follow Freeman, but the best has to be "Time, Dr. Freeman?"

I liked the vortiguant who said, "You leap, you fall, we see you crash between the barriers..." or something like that. Sounds quite cool I think.

I loved everything the G-Man said, and everything the vortigaunts said. My favorite quote from the whole game:

Dr. Breen:

"Did the lungfish refuse to breathe air? It did not. It crept forth boldly while its brethren remained in the blackest ocean abyss, with lidless eyes forever staring at the dark, ignorant and doomed despite their eternal vigilance."

disruptioN_ said:
I loved everything the characters said except for "RELOAD DR. FREEMAN."
Most annoying thing ever.

Ha ha ha, how true, the next resistance fighter to shout "reload Dr. Freeman!" one more fricken licking time, i swear i'm gonna shove my shot gun right up their arse and make them wish i never reload again!

One of my favourite quotes (that I can remember/ hasn’t been mentioned/or remember being mentioned) is when a resistance fighter throws down his crappy mp7 and picks up a pulse rifle and haply says “nice!”

One other thing that made me laugh was in the train station when the rail cop knocks the cup on the floor and makes you pick it up and put it the bin! that reminds me, got to reload that level and impulse 101 his litter bugging arse!

"RELOAD DR. FREEMAN." was soo funny. It's like they care if I reaload. :E
I felt sorry for the poor resistance soldiers when they would get killed. I kinda like them.

"...and...Gordon. Be careful."

Best moment in any video game ever.

"Good job, Gordon. Throwing the swich and all. I see your MIT education really pays of." /Barney

I found you can call your teamates, in apartments if you put em in a clausterphobic place and then ram something big at em ((Chair)) They can die...it was funny cuse first time I killed someone ramming them against a staircase railing, they fell far.

I cant believe this has generated 106 posts before me. Bunch of star wars kids ;)

You want a quote? Well its the debate between NPC's that's funny. They actually tell each other to shut up at times and if one of them says something others always comment on it. Some are negative while others positive.
Here I put 3 girls into my map and they were telling each other almost to stfu you n00b etc... :LOL:

I loved all of farther Gregory’s zombie jibes, especially his fecked up pant soiling laugh when he vintage shotguns them down! Without him I don’t think I would have been able to play that level in the dark!

Back