What's your favorite weapon? And why?

D

desdinova

My favorite weapon is, was, and always will be the shotgun. It's powerful, good in close combat, and makes one hell of a mess of its target. I only wish it had more ammo capacity!

I prefered the RPG overall.

I also liked how you could use the stunstick's batteries to charge your suit, and how you could blind enemies with the bugbait, even when there were no antlions around.

The Cross Bow.

Especially when someone is standing near a wall, and their body flie back and gets nailed to the wall.

Examples:
d1_trainstation_020008.jpg

d1_trainstation_020003.jpg

Hehe. I'm evil.

I'd have to go with the Magnum and the crossbow, the psot above me will explain why I choose the crossbow, and The Magnum for its distance and power. "Have I fired 6 shots or 5 shots. Frankly I can't remember from all the confusion. So you gotta be asking yourself one question..."Do I feel lucky." well do ya punk."

Yeah, magnum was goo too, just too little ammo.

The shotgun was my gun of choice for all the close encounters.

The combine pulse rifle was pretty cool though it had a really low amount of bullets.

hmm... come to think of it, I think I enjoyed all the weapons in the game. Most underused was probably the magnum... because you only get 18 bullets!! Psychologically, I felt like I'd run out right after one fight.

I felt like i would only use the magnum in extreme cases eg combine elites but my favourite overall is the over watch standard issue (pulse rifle) its econdary fire is just soooo cool.

I'd have to say pulse rifle was my favourite. It makes awesome sound :naughty: and is very powerful. Too bad you only get like 90 rounds or so.

Grav gun, no contest. I also like how the weapons had a lot less ammo capacity than in HL1.. it meant you really had to make use of all your tools. I didn't know about the blinding effects of bugbait-- I'll have to give that a try.

Grav gun.

It makes for an excellent all-around weapon, close range, long range...it even makes an uber nade launcher, better than the one attached to the SMG.

The gravity gun, no doubt. I just loved playing around with it, especialy when I get the blue grav gun.

Depends on the criteria... but my top four picks would be:

The grav gun for all around fun... almost any situation. And the super-grav gun... hell, I don't even need to say anything there.

The pulse rifle for the testosterone factor. Play with surround sound or some really good headphones and you can feel that thumping recoil while you're firing...

The shotgun for room-to-room urban combat. One blast, combine or zombie is flying back through that door they just popped out of, and you don't have to take all that much time to aim!

The crossbow whenever you run up against some guy with a mounted weapon peeking over a forcefield, or just someone heavily armed with a lot of open ground you need to cover between you and them. Tons of range, awesome accuracy. Not to mention the glee pinning a combine corpse to a wall can inspire...

The pulse rifle for the testosterone factor. Play with surround sound or some really good headphones and you can feel that thumping recoil while you're firing...
Amen, brother. 2nd favorite weapon in the game just for the powerful sounds.

Makes it really feel like I'm kicking combine butt.

Wow, I like almost all of em!

But top 3 ill think of.

Grav gun - Simply...genious, me loves it!

Crossbow - Everyone knows, that taking the enemy, and blasting his hand so he is dangling from the wall or even ceiling (VERY FUN!) is a fun thing to do.

Shotty - I love shotguns...In every game I play, i pretty much revolve around shotguns, sniper rifles, and pistols...mmmm funess.

Two guns I just can't hellp but LOVE:

1. The shotty. I can't say how glad I am that you can now effecitvely use it against other gun-toting targets.

2. MP7- 4 bullets and they're down. The way a SMG should work. Period.

By far the magnum. Packs a punch and looks sweet.

Shame about the limited ammo, but whenever I was topped off I was using it again.

NapalmAndFriends said:
Two guns I just can't hellp but LOVE:

1. The shotty. I can't say how glad I am that you can now effecitvely use it against other gun-toting targets.

2. MP7- 4 bullets and they're down. The way a SMG should work. Period.
Someone is playing on easy -_-

RPG, was always fun to keep going back to ammo chests and using it to take down soldiers after the gun ships are blasted. Was great being a RPG sniper in Follow Freeman on the roof after the major threats were destroyed. The xbow was good too, closest thing to a sniper rifle we get.

The Magnum and the crossbow, very deadly and since ammo is rare for both and you can only carry a few rounds at a time, which mean you need to save them for special occasions.

I order...

1. Grav gun: All time fave, you cant beat taking the overwatch soldiers with a sink

2. Shotgun: Wonerful weapon, realy meaty

3. MP7: Poor accuracy, but a luuurvly sound

4. Pistol: The sound and its effectiveness

5. The magnum: Although ammo is in short supply throughout it was so fun letting it rip and sending overwatch flying through the air

6. The crossbow: Pinning peeps to walls

7. Pule Rifle: I never used this that much, dont know why really, has a wonderful thumping sound.

8. The crowbar: Anti Headcrab

9. Good o'l nades

10. RPG: Only used it against striders and gunships really.

Besides the Grav Gun, I really like the Overwatch Standard Issue, because I thought, upon posession, that the gun only fired those explosive ball things, because that is what I had seen in the vids etc. When I tried the primary fire and realised it was an automatic as well I just screamed in awe :)

Shotgun is my first choice, and then the gravity gun (especially towards the end of the game) :E

mine would be the magnum... headshot on zombies ..... ultimate kill...
wish had more than eighteen bullets.!

grvity gun... does wonders.. in single player,.... wat more for deathmatch!!!

rpg.... my favorite.... very good at shooting gunships... yhe best....

Gravity Gun and Shotgun.

The crowbar was waaaaaaay too weak. In HL1 it was awesome as, while it was kinda silly, if you got close enough you could take everything short of a grunt down in like, 3 hits.

Need more ammo for the crossbow, and magnum. Little ammo is great for suspense, but when you give someone such little ammo that you haven't been able to use the weapon for a few levels, it's stupid. I like feeling as though every shot must count, but hate feeling as though "wtfs the point."

Crossbow

O yeah, and I love the shotgun, especially when you type that cheat in the console that you can change the amount of pellets that it shoots. Hehe...1000 is good. You shoot someone in the head and they explode.

grav gun is too awesome for words. after that

1. shotty - I love shotguns in all games, this one is good, great sounds and model, but I wish it had a shoulder stock on it. all these games annoy the hell out of me how they all fire shotties from the hip.

2. magnum - so fun it is scary. Excelently modeled except for the lack of a shroud covering the right side of the cylinder. excellent sounds and animations. watching enemies get nailed with it is awesome

3. crossbow - for same reasons as magnum, but also pinning enemies to walls

can't forget the rocket launcher. as my name implies i love the rocket launcher in hl/ hl2. especially with the incredubly precise guiding you have.

I think the grav gun

the Gravity gun when its super charged! at the end with the zap and the instant kill grab! :LOL:

1: Crowbar. It's Gordon's signature weapon. Plus, it's helluva cool for when you want to kill just about anything short of a combine elite. (Especially Zombies and poison Zombies.)

2: Crossbow: It's just so cool to pin your enemy to the walls. If only you could carry more ammo

3: Gravity Gun: It's damn versatile, but I would have loved it if there were more heavy things to throw around. I want to launch toilets at the combine!

4: Magnum: Cool, but it lacks the ammo to be my truely favorite weapon.

5: Overwatch Standard Pulse Rifle: I've always liked sci-fi guns, and that thing looked like it was from another world. Plus, I loved its damage and secondary.

actually do u all think its very hard to ctach the pulse rifle energy ball with grav gun? i only managed to catch it once... is it because the ball moves too fast or you must be very near it to be able to grab it

Back