What's your passion?

short recoil said:
Yep, well that's an old pic, some have gone, some new ones come in.
But my collection is still about that size.

i won't take an updated pic, it takes hours to get them all out of their locker etc.
Hahaha, just noticed that pink lighter, so silly :LOL:

Musics, I love writing and performing it.
I love designing aswell. Levels and characters and stuff like that :)

everything about music, listening to it, playing insturments, and writing it (though im just recently getting into that), and thats basically it

60% Sciences: music, mathematics, astro-physics...
40% Sports: soccer, waterpolo

Sulkdodds said:
But that's kind of a primal thing. It's like there's a built in human reaction to holding a gun in your hands - you just suddenly have this overwhelming urge to snap the thing to your shoulder, sight along the full lenth of that freudian barrel and pop someone's head. It's the same with, say, a sledgehammer or a knife - though to a lesser extent because they're not as easy to kill someone with. I swear there's some part of our brains which loves to hold weapons, to caress them lovingly and enjoy the feeling of power. With guns, and the satisfying clunk and click of their workings, the meaty weight of it, it's even worse.

Or maybe that's just me.

I hope you don't ever own any guns.....

I like recreational shooting. I am mostly into AR-15's and 1911's. I should be getting my RRA custom 1911 in the next month or so. It cost me damn near 2 grand. Every part is handfitted with all bar stock steel parts though so it'll be worth it.

I think I have at least 4 thousand rds of various calibers of ammo in my computer room storage cabinet, and that's getting low for me as I usually have twice that.

I have a safe though so my stuff is stored safely so that my future son nor burglar will have access. It's a American Eagle by Cannon with keypad entry that uses a 6 digit code. It weighs 600lbs and is bolted to the concrete foundation from the inside of course. It can hold but a mere 32 rifles and many if not more handguns. I don't have that much but will in the future.

SIGbastard said:
I like recreational shooting.
My dad used to own lots of guns but he sold most of em before i was born. Right now all we have is a Ruger 10/22, Ruger Mk III(bought about 2 months ago), 12 gauge pump shotgun, .410 pump shotgun, and a Glock 17 (my dad and i just bought this about a month ago :) ). My dad has a Ruger Mini-30 on lay-away, and im thinking of buying a Smith and Wesson 686, or a SAR-1.

P.S. SIGbastard, do you know anything about SAR-1s? I cant find them anywhere

Creating science fiction stories, I have one I call my personal masterpiece in the making and one of my life goals in life is to get it published as a book and made into some form of movie (likely end up being a machinima movie judging from the direction my life is going to go). A game as well but the structure of the story would not make it easy, I could have it follow a completely different group of characters though parallel to the main story but that isn't something I have begun planning yet.

Fantasy stories as well however none of them are as far a long simply because I also enjoy creating most of the back story to them which include new gods, religions, languages, racial histories, maps, and even non-fictional literature inside these worlds.

Aside from these I also enjoy reading about long dead civilizations, cultures and religions. Mostly European, I have a special interest in the ancient Celts and have done some fairly in depth studying of them. Or at least fairly in depth for an amateur.

Da-Muffin-Man said:
Me too, but im not yet old enough to legaly own a gun. My dad used to own lots of guns but he sold em before i was born. Im getting to the point where in my parents eyes i am responsible enough to use guns. Right now all we have is a Ruger 10/22, Ruger Mk III, 12 gauge pump shotgun, .410 pump shotgun, and a Glock 17 (we just bought it like 2 months ago). My dad has a Ruger Mini-30 on lay-away, and im thinking of buying a Smith and Wesson 686, or a SAR-1.

I'd go with the SAR-1 if one is available. For some reason SAR-1's are no longere imported. All that is now (Romanian AK wise) is the WASR-10's which are usually converted to take regular AK mags. They work fine but some of them the mag wells were opened up a little to much in the conversion and the mags wobble significantly. If you have the money I'd reccomend an Arsenal Inc. SAM-7. It's made to original Bulgarian Specs on Bulgarian tooling in their US plant in Las Vegas. They have milled recievers though so they are a little heavier. Vector makes some nice AK's as well. Stay away from anything made by Hesse/Vulcan (same company).

Here is a good place for AK's: atlanticfirearms.com. You can get Romanian WASR's cheap at aimsurplus.com The price varies quite a bit. If you aren't familiar with ordering guns out of state all you have to do is mail a copy of a dealers FFL with payment. The gun will ship to the dealer and then he will do a background check and charge a transfer fee. In my experience you can usually save money buying online although not always. To see a list of FFL holders that and their fees in your area use this link: http://gunbroker.com/User/DealerNetwork.asp
In some areas dealers will charge as little as $5 but other places I have seen as much as $75. It just depends on how much competion they have I guess.

Thanks man. I saw a WASR 10 at dunhams and i was able to hold it and check it out. I have to say it was one of the shittiest looking rifles ive ever seen. Maybe it was just that one, but its really turned me off of the WASR line.

Edit: The SAM-7 looks like a good rifle, what accuracy like? By the way, milled recievers are better than stamped ones right?

Da-Muffin-Man said:
Thanks man. I saw a WASR 10 at dunhams and i was able to hold it and check it out. I have to say it was one of the shittiest looking rifles ive ever seen. Maybe it was just that one, but its really turned me off of the WASR line.

They seem to be much of a crapshoot. I wouldn't personally buy one but I have a friend that has one that works great. The fit and finish is still horrible on his. I just mentioned it as it is about the lowest price at the moment and I don't know what your range is. If there are any Arsenal Inc (not Arsenal Global Trades in Texas as they are often confused) rifles around you should really check one out. They are by far from my experience the Cadillac of AK-47's on the US market that are currently in production. Now of course no AK is a precision rifle but these seem to be a little more accurate than others owing to the added rigidity from the milled reciever.

Da-Muffin-Man said:

Edit: The SAM-7 looks like a good rifle, what accuracy like? By the way, milled recievers are better than stamped ones right?

If you want the most accuracy you can get AK wise I would go with a SAM-7 or a Vepr.

I have heard great things about the Vepr's but I never really liked the look of them. They don't have standard furniture and just don't look traditional in any way to me. Some people lover them though. They use RPK recievers which are basically beefed up supported stamped reecievers. They are every bit as heavy as a milled reciever rifle and are supposed to be equal in terms of accuracy.

I really don't know what kinda groups they can get at 100yds. I am not very good on paper with the crude irons. I mostly just blast soda cans and other stuff with my SAM-7. If you were to be asking about AR's I could tell you specific details about what type of groups to expect etc. Don't get me wrong though I would never sell my SAM-7.

By the time im gonna buy it (after winters over) il have around 2000 dollars. Now granted i could spend all of it, i would like to keep it under 1000 bucks. You know....for the ammount of money i will have, maybe i should buy an AR-15?

Da-Muffin-Man said:
By the time im gonna buy it (after winters over) il have around 2000 dollars. Now granted i could spend all of it, i would like to keep it under 1000 bucks. You know....for the ammount of money i will have, maybe i should buy an AR-15?

Well you can get a damn good rifle then. I think SAM-7's go for around $650-700 and the Vepr's $500-550. I bought my SAM-7 years ago though so it may have changed. Arsenal has lots of special edition rifles as well but they are all ridiculously over priced.

If I was you I would get an AR. I really like Rock River Arms and Bushmaster for the price. I prefer RRA but if you get a RRA make sure it come's with a chrome lined bore as it is optional for them. Eaglefirearms.net has great RRA prices and all of their RRA rifles except the standard A2's and the Varmit model come with chrome lined barrels. I have both a Entry Tactical (basically an M4) and a Midlength. I opted for standard carry handles though as I don't like their tactical carry handle. They come with 2-stage match triggers which are much better than most stock AR triggers. They also guarantee their rifles are at least capable of 1MOA accuracy out of the box. RRA won a large contract for the FBI recently to make thousands of rifles for the DEA in the last year. They are not the biggest company but have built a solid reputation for themselves.

If you really want something sweet with that you can preorder a FS2000 which is the civilian version of the FN F2000. Also I think the FN PS90 (civie version of the P90) is now available. Steyr will soon be making the new Steyr Aug here in the states so us civies can buy them!! These are all well over $1000 though. Here is a pic of the FN F2000 (The civie one looks the same but the optic isn't included):
fn_f2000.jpg

SIGbastard said:
If you really want something sweet with that you can preorder a FS2000 which is the civilian version of the FN F2000. Also I think the FN PS90 (civie version of the P90) is now available. Steyr will soon be making the new Steyr Aug here in the states so us civies can buy them!! These are all well over $1000 though.
I don't like the looks of the FS 2000 that much. A civilian P90 would be really cool, but the 5.7 ammo is expensive. The AUG would be nice but i dont think id spend over $1000 dollars on one. I think i'm gonna end up choosing between the SAM-7 and an AR-15.

Edit: wow....the PS90 is about 1500 bucks....

Da-Muffin-Man said:
I don't like the looks of the FS 2000 that much. A civilian P90 would be really cool, but the 5.7 ammo is expensive. The AUG would be nice but i dont think id spend over $1000 dollars on one. I think i'm gonna end up choosing between the SAM-7 and an AR-15.

Edit: wow....the PS90 is about 1500 bucks....

Yea that's why I said "well over" $1000. Supposedly they will offer the PS90 in 5.56 in the future. I might consider one if they do as I agree the 5.7 ammo is to expensive.

Back