Where do I start?

TheSomeone

Reaction score
I got Maya... Now what? I have absolutely no clue what to do. I bought this book for about 50 bucks and it's total worthless shit.

Can anyone recommend anything?

just search around on the web you will find some pretty good tutorials, a place i used when i first started using maya was digital-tutors.com, they have some good free beginners tutorials.

hazar those are realyl harsh words.
granted buying a book isnt one of the best ideas but i dont think you should discourage him.
the best way to start is to get a tutorial or a video tutorial ive stated many of them over here so if u just go to search >advanced and search within model & skins you will find a lot of helpful tutorials , tips and tricks.

I'm sure a $50 book will at least teach you the basics :p

mindless_moder said:
hazar those are realyl harsh words.
granted buying a book isnt one of the best ideas but i dont think you should discourage him.
the best way to start is to get a tutorial or a video tutorial ive stated many of them over here so if u just go to search >advanced and search within model & skins you will find a lot of helpful tutorials , tips and tricks.

I don't think Hazar was trying to discourage me, rather trying to be funny (and it did make me smirk)

But thanks for the help, I'll go look around the forums. :)

it probaby will but there no reason for wasting 50 bucks when all ur reference and tutorials are online for free.
i remember spending about 60$ for the 3dsmax5 bible i left it in canada at a friends house while i was on visit and ive been doing fine without it lol.

Back