Which character do you want to return in HL3 the most?

Which character do you want to return in HL3 the most?

• DOG

Votes: 15 15.6%
  • Alyx Vance

Votes: 28 29.2%
  • G-Man

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Eli Vance

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Dr. Isaac Kleiner

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Father Grigori

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Barney Calhoun

Votes: 14 14.6%
  • Dr. Wallace Breen

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Dr. Judith Mossman

• Colonel Odessa Cubbage

• Total voters
omg i cannt believe how this thread has degenerated into such a pathetic and irrelevent discussion

u combine need to get a chat room

dr.bren is diluded into destroying everything he uses tv to get to your weak mind

Listen, dumbass, a SN has nothing to do with intellegence. I got training by a PhD in English Philosophy. I also read Aristole and Homer. In Latin.

Edit: Nice triple post

CombineSoldier said:
no, its a rock, and i checked, it would hit her. I also forgot to mention:
Positive energy reagtors (and average nuke reactor) When 100% unstable (explosion) Make a Mushroom cloud about half of it colapses onto whatever is below. A negitive reaction to this, I suppose would be to have the explsion implode, bending reality, then returning to normal. But we dont know the power of a dark fusion core, so whatever.
PS: Gman would save Alyx, she is an important asset

nah, she isnt really important, expect for the fact she's immortal! how would she survive continuos Combine fire for almost unlimited time otherwise, WITHOUT any body armor or helmet. She never gets wounded either.

Seriously, the first bullet in the head would kill her.

negative energy? you probably mean antimatter? well there is no proof the reactor is powered by antimatter but if it indeed is, there will be no survivors in c17

shithead said:
omg i cannt believe how this thread has degenerated into such a pathetic and irrelevent discussion

u combine need to get a chat room

Unfortunately, the Citadel hosted our chat server...

give your regards to mr. freeman

The Gman wants the "most" out of Gordon, wouldent he? Alyx would be good motivation

CombineSoldier said:
no, its a rock, and i checked, it would hit her. I also forgot to mention:
Positive energy reagtors (and average nuke reactor) When 100% unstable (explosion) Make a Mushroom cloud about half of it colapses onto whatever is below. A negitive reaction to this, I suppose would be to have the explsion implode, bending reality, then returning to normal. But we dont know the power of a dark fusion core, so whatever.
PS: Gman would save Alyx, she is an important asset

PSS: Propiganda and brainwashing people are 2 very diffrent things. The messeges at the end are to try to prove a point, he knows Gordons not going to change his position. "Insert word"
I'm sorry but, how could it be a rock? What would it be doing there? Are we talking about the same thing? The small, rod-like piece?
Also, mushroom clouds don't look like a mushroom from the first millisecond :LOL:
Trust me, she will die from that explosion.
And shithead; Never before has anyone chosen such a fitting nickname in the history of the internet.

Overwatch said:
nah, she isnt really important, expect for the fact she's immortal! how would she survive continuos Combine fire for almost unlimited time otherwise, WITHOUT any body armor or helmet. She never gets wounded either.

Seriously, the first bullet in the head would kill her.

negative energy? you probably mean antimatter? well there is no proof the reactor is powered by antimatter but if it indeed is, there will be no survivors in c17

well i agree with u on that. i also beleive she died in that explosion but by the explosion itself . and that is quite obviously possible.

on that other note

u know aristotle LOL that will get u far on judgements on how or if these people lived or died in a science fiction game that uses themes of dark energy which dont exist yert to study for sure.

and u say u have a f-ing phd in english lol
and yet u obsess over if a peice of rock was to kill her

u a kid lol

CombineSoldier said:
The Gman wants the "most" out of Gordon, wouldent he? Alyx would be good motivation

Gman will never order Gordon to do something directly. It's just not his style. He'd make sure Gordon did it, under illusion it was his own choice.

shithead said:
well i agree with u on that. i also beleive she died in that explosion but by the explosion itself . and that is quite obviously possible.

on that other note

u know aristotle LOL that will get u far on judgements on how or if these people lived or died in a science fiction game that uses themes of dark energy which dont exist yert to study for sure.

u a kid lol

your one of the most annoying people to post ever. this is what happens when chavs get hold of a computer :D

I hope alyx is still alive.

shithead said:

u a kid lol

i never said i had a phd in english you idiot.

AJ Rimmer said:
And shithead; Never before has anyone chosen such a fitting nickname in the history of the internet.

/sign

shithead said:
no combine soldier did , cant u even follow a discussion?

well, you quoted my post, i could only assume you responded to what i wrote.

Overwatch said:
well, you quoted my post, i could only assume you responded to what i wrote.

shithead got pwned ;) someone ban him now and put him out of his misery

lol it is overwatches misery , right from my first point he argued me to death. like an inhuman combine would :)

shithead said:
lol it is overwatches misery , right from my first point he argued me to death. like an inhuman combine would :)

which proves once more that humans are inferior to combine!

yeah, I don't think anyone wants people like Shithead around here. Someone tell him what an idiot he seems to be.

To get on topic, I loved Dr.Breen. He was clearly the coolest character in the game next to the pretty uninspiring good guys.

Shithead, i said i was trained by someone who has a PhD. It seems you cannot keep up with a topic

Overwatch said:
When will people learn that all humans, whether color, religion, culture or dimension are equal...

...ly inferior to me.

Overwatch said:

yea right, combine are not even a masterrace fighting for any kind of human future. they are humans and they might have guns and all the gear and be tough and impressive as soldiers as someone might argue. but - they are humans and are brainwashed into serving the combine as slaves to administer death of thier own species and that means they are weak people for being brainwsahed and for kiling thier own people and they will only be extinguished after the combine has done with them too.

the resistance are that very human spirit of freedom and sanity that are strong enough to resist conditioning and preserve humanity from an untimely extinction.

the combine which is run by aliens wants humans extinct ecause even thought they have humans in the weak position they know humans are still a strong race and a threat to the evil combines domination

combines are people who are weak who are made to kill people and who in turn will die themselves at the hands of combine

DOG is bound to return, he's too popular.

Alyx Vance I reckon will return as well, again she's too popular to simply kill off in the citadel.

G-Man WILL return, no doubt. :)

Eli Vance I'm not so sure about; it would be nice for him to return, but I can definately see him dying in the Citadel explosion. It'd be a shame though, you didn't see much of him in HL2.

Dr. Isaac Kleiner; if they bring him back, they had better being back Lamaar. Again, same with Eli, I don't know if he warrants a return. But it would be nice; he was cool in a bumbling, eccentric sort of way.

Father Grigori I don't see returning, which is a shame; he just seemed completely underused to me. Hopefully an expansion will develop him a bit more.

Barney Calhoun is a definate; again, his popularity will be enough to keep him in. Besides, he wasn't in the citadel, so it's easy to say he lived. I hope he becomes more than a brother in arms.

Dr. Wallace Breen, possibly. I really liked Breen; I hope he gets some sort of cameo in HL3, though not as the main antagonist.

Dr. Judith Mossman would only return if Eli did, I reckon. Her character was nicely sealed off at the end of HL2, so it's ok if she doesn't make it. She seems to be only character in HL2 that had a full character arc, so I could understand if she wasn't needed in HL3.

Colonel Odessa Cubbage was a bit of a throwaway gimmick, as far as I can tell. I don't see him returning.

DOG
Alyx Vance
G-Man
Eli Vance
Dr. Isaac Kleiner
Barney Calhoun
Dr. Wallace Breen

thats my list. :)

shithead said:
yea right, combine are not even a masterrace fighting for any kind of human future. they are humans and they might have guns and all the gear and be tough and impressive as soldiers as someone might argue. but - they are humans and are brainwashed into serving the combine as slaves to administer death of thier own species and that means they are weak people for being brainwsahed and for kiling thier own people and they will only be extinguished after the combine has done with them too.

the resistance are that very human spirit of freedom and sanity that are strong enough to resist conditioning and preverse humanity from an untimely extinction.

the combine which is run by aliens wants humans extinct ecause even thought they have humans in the weak position they know humans are still a strong race and a threat to the evil combines domination

Combine > humans (jpg link)
The Overwatch are not humans, but rather a further improvement of human genome. The "regular" humans like, the pathetic resistance fighters are weak and are destined to die out.

Of course Alyx died! No way she could have survived that explosion.

And even if she survived, when Gordon gets out of slow-timewarp thingy she'll be married and have kids, so she'll be too busy to fight alongside with him.

Overwatch said:
Combine > humans (jpg link)
The Overwatch are not humans, but rather a further improvement of human genome. The "regular" humans like, the pathetic resistance fighters are weak and are destined to die out.

i got the impression they were humans encouraged to join CP for food and that, as a few characters say in game . also like barney in the suit, i thoughtit was just people in the gear.

so if they are" gene breeds" i stand corrected. and i accept my mistake.

but they are not stronger . the human resolve is stronger than to be put down by a madman administrator of a science disaster and his alien boss and thier army of super apes. nothing can break that spirit . the resistance fought and had clearly destroyed most of combine operations in that city and i am sure will continue to , we will see in the sequel .. until then its time to kick some serious combine butt

ps. peace out ape boy

shithead said:
i got the impression they were humans encouraged to join CP for food and that, as a few characters say in game . also like barney in the suit, i thoughtit was just people in the gear.

but they are not stronger . the human resolve is stronger than to be put down by a madman administrator of a science disaster and his alien boss and thier army of super apes. nothing can break that spirit . the resistance fought and had clearly destroyed most of combine operations in that city and i am sure will continue to , we will see in the sequel .. until then its time to kick some serious combine butt

ps. peace out ape boy
CP and Overwatch are mechanically engineered humans, who "volounteered" to take the train to Nova Prospekt, where they were modified, and joined the ranks of the combine. The elite combine are probably not human though. That's my theory at least.

shithead said:

ps. peace out ape boy

Well some CPs are human and some trans-human. But we don't let any humans into the Overwatch!

Well there are more cities... and the resistance have shown they shown they cant make any progress without Gordon Freeman alongside with them. So i'm afraid Earth wont be free from Combine until Half-life 28 :p (There are 27 cities right).

But i have an another idea about the sequel. Gman locked Freeman into that time-warp thingy right? Imagine if he loses the key when he goes to the bathroom and it gets flushed down the drain. Then, a thousand years later the key is found and Gordon finally awakens to find a desolated Earth!

peace shitty boy

alyx is far too hot to be dead, cmon its a virtual character yes. but for **** sake !.

its alyx !

How the hell did Odessa get more votes then Eli?! What the hell is wrong with you sick, sadistic bastards!! D:

kirovman said:
G-man must return, he's the reason I bought HL2. It was worth the £30 for the 30 measly seconds of him we get.
so you have a thing for gman?

:naughty:

Arian Shepard!

Edit. Adrian, not Aryan... we need less nazis in the world :*

I already know the G-Man will be in HL3, so I want Barney to come back. :D

DOG
Alyx
gman
ali/Kleiner/Barney

Back