Which one's the gravity gun?

guys, i guarente the manipulator will be in the final game, 100% sure about that, mark my words. they will not leave it out, considering it will be a revolutionary step in gaming, acctually using physics not just for looks (cough cough, ut2003). its the gun that caught everyone by surprise and was probably the talk of the entire demo.

Originally posted by BDC22
guys, i guarente the manipulator will be in the final game, 100% sure about that, mark my words. they will not leave it out, considering it will be a revolutionary step in gaming, acctually using physics not just for looks (cough cough, ut2003). its the gun that caught everyone by surprise and was probably the talk of the entire demo.
how are the physics in ut2k3 not just for looks?

the manipulater is in game. and it will stay there.. cuz in a 60 mb interview with gabe and another dood they said that they had made some weapons for hl2 that uses the psychics to your advantage. this is the manipulator and that blue beam thingy

Originally posted by EVIL
the manipulater is in game. and it will stay there.. cuz in a 60 mb interview with gabe and another dood they said that they had made some weapons for hl2 that uses the psychics to your advantage. this is the manipulator and that blue beam thingy
they stated that weapons effect the physics in the game.. and then explained how bullets exert force.. they never said anything about the manipulator or gravity gun.

In one of the interviews they STATED that the "Manipulator" WOULD NOT BE in the game. That it was just for the demos. Hopefully it will be available as a weapon, but sounds like they won't use it in HL2's story.

The blue vs. orange is likely a different version of the same weapon. They are very similar visually. THe blue one (which is only present in the first physics room) has an extra cable, and center spins when you use it. The Orange one doesn't spins, glows inside and the three antennae glow and move outward. The Orange one also issues an orange bolt when throwing things.

I would bet the blue one was an earlier version. And clearly throwing is a secondary fire function.

The fight against the two striders in the 600mb movie where a part of the game, and the manipulator was used there. I think I´ve also read somewhere that valve thought that gun was to cool to leave out. I´m certain that we´ll be using it on the 30th of september.

I'm pretty sure that when Valve said the manipulator wouldn't be in the game, they meant the blue laser gun, not the orange gun.

The only time the blue one was used was in the tech demo, and the rest of the time the orange one was used. So the orange one is most likely in the game.

It better be :).

They seem to be very similar, maybe they will both be in the game as they have different uses.

Image:
compare.JPG

The one on the left is more of a tactical weapon, it will keep an object the same distance as when it was picked up, good for moving object that Gordon can't reach, picking up objects to help him move around the map (Over fences, on to roofs)

The one on the right is more of a destructive weapon, it's able to pick up large objects and launch them at high speeds, which can kill enemies or disable them, break over objects and push objects out of the way.

It could be that when you press the secondary fire mode, it switches between the two different guns, showing some funky animation. Then the primary fire would shoot the laser in the laser mode and pick up and throw things in the other mode.

Originally posted by Celethang
It could be that when you press the secondary fire mode, it switches between the two different guns, showing some funky animation. Then the primary fire would shoot the laser in the laser mode and pick up and throw things in the other mode.

HEHE no i don't think so :)

no way foo ;) a gun that changes its looks with secondary fire in the way u are saying is the worst idea ever. its like a modern game where u have an m16 and u hit secondary fire to shoot a grenade, but before u can it has to rearange its parts and get painted green. its like that stupid.

The blue beam gun may also just be a prototype of the yellow one. Just like the gauss gun where in hl1.

Back