Who likes the Menu :o)

was a nice surprise :D

wait... why am i not playing now? bye!

lol, I know its not ground breaking or anything, but I just like attention to detail like that...

"The menu looks too static and boring, what can we do to make it a little more interesting?" - It's things like that I like :)

3D fly by of city 17, u can see people going about their business and everything! Really cool!

the MENU CHANGES!!!!!

i mean i have seen city 17 and the aboat scene on the menu :D

everytime you start hl2 up it changes! how sweet is that

THIS IS THE BEST GAME I HAVE PLAYED BY FAR

i think it depends on where you are in the game, if your in city 17, it shows that, if your in ravenholm, it shows that, ect ect...

the menu is nice, but i can't help thinking that's the reason why it takes half a day to load HL2. anyone know of a way to get rid of it or something?

EDIT: btw, i keep hearing those damn explosions, and the antlion screeches...damn this game ;(

I don't like it just because it takes as long to load as a normal level dose.

Meh... I wish I could de-activate it.

Looks nifty. I hate the new save screen, just 'suz it takes up so much room, and I hate having to scroll down to save over old games. Anyway to deactivate that?

i like it and it does't mater anyway
because it shows the last map you played + if you load you'r save game it go's faster because the map is already loaded :)

Reaperman said:
i think it depends on where you are in the game, if your in city 17, it shows that, if your in ravenholm, it shows that, ect ect...

Really??? awesome.. I checked out game this morning to set up video, audio, controls and then all i did is take the train ride in. All that has shown on my menu is that main city 17 courtyard street with the monitor in the middle and the combine just walking around and some citizens.....the guy that posted earlier said 3d flyby?? I dont think so.

for the record... the menu is almost a smoke screen than a cool feature... it's being rendered in real time... so when you start up the game, the dynamic menu has to boot up the engine and load in all the basic sounds, textures, and models... thus, cutting new game and saved game loads :thumbs:

Smart VALVe!

bliink said:
was a nice surprise :D

wait... why am i not playing now? bye!

cause u cra-zee :E
btw congrats on the extra duties around here :thumbs:
they made a good choice :)

Dedalus said:
the menu is nice, but i can't help thinking that's the reason why it takes half a day to load HL2. anyone know of a way to get rid of it or something?

thats true...the randomness of the menu is kinda neat tho...but the long load time offsets that coolness :|

Back