Who lives in Amsterdam?

Jangle

Tank
Reaction score
Because my friend's there on holiday and he says there was a gay pride parade yesterday. With a "naked boat". Does this kind of thing happen often?

i busted out laughing reading this thread

There was one in Brighton today, I believe. NOTGAY LOLZ.

We had out pride parade yesterday. It's really great, it's like the only time you see all the political parties' leaders together in a joint cause: to fight discrimination. 35,000 took part in the parade, and another 300,000 watched them. It's in Stockholm, though, so I couldn't see it...

i busted out laughing reading this thread
Busted? I'm imagining Ennui walking over to a large box and wondering if today you should 'bust out the laughing' and start break dancing. Anyway i hope you burst out laughing covering everyone in saliva from a meaty gut-laugh. Take that as you will.

Royalewithcheese is from amsterdam isn't he? He was probably there.

I just need to hear more about this mysterious naked boat.

To put it in context:

Him: I'm in Amsterdam and there's a gay pride parade!

Me: Awesome!

Him: It was until the naked boat arrived.

In coastal regions thats a regular occurance, i wouldn't bat an eyelid, however a naked boat in central amsterdam has captured my curiousity also. It sounds as if the sailors navigational skills are poor.

Shakermaker lives there, supposedly he was on the boat :O

Happens every year. And AFAIK there isn't a specific 'nekkid boat', there's just some boats with... nekkid men flailing their penis around. Which is why parades like that are teh suck, way to go with setting back people's views on homosexuals back 50 years by acting like that. The only effect I think it has on gay acceptation is a negative effect. It doesn't portray the normal gay people very well, who are just like you and me. Frankly, I'd be pissed if I were gay and a bunch of naked fags on a boat were the advocates of my acceptation.

Of course, it's all in good fun, but there's really no point organizing a parade around a sexual preference and it will only have a detrimental effect on the view of society on gays. If they're promoting how they're normal people and should just be accepted, why not just participate in normal parties/parades/carnavals, regardless if you're gay or straight? You can't advocate acceptation as normal people and at the same time do your absolute best to break every standard of 'normal' society has by dancing on a boat in a leather costume. Besides, it's called Gay Pride, which is imo a pretty dubious name, people would go apeshit if someone would organize a White Pride parade as it pretty much implies that you think you're somehow better and are proud of that.

Back