Whops! Looks like a Best Buy might get pwned by Valve!

Yeah, Bye guys and girls, I'll not be on anymore untill I've finished HL2, not reading the book I got yesterday, but I will maybe check the main page just incase :naughty:
Enjoy the game :cheese:

Getting off topic but it is a shame they do that on direct download, even given the problems that may or may not have an effect from VU direct download is in the best interests of the coustomer the developer and the environment, and should be encouraged any way possible, i am not sure that relying on their coustomers good will too much is going to help. I only hope for our and their sakes they pass on some real benifits to the coustomer on the next release.

tpe

Jesus Lincoln said:
I liked how erik was nice about it and not
ALL YOU PRE-BUY MOTHER ****ERS ARE GOING TO DIE!
Well yeah, because it's not the buyers fault in all. Valve are happy he bought it even, he's buying their product, it's the pre-SELLERS who'd be in deep bandini

If people have been receiving their copies of HL2 then what is stopping them from disconnecting their internet connection, installing the game and playing it? Surely you do not need an internet connection to activate the game?

tpe said:
Just got them in denmark too, so why is it now i have paid for and received it i am not allowed to play, i want compensation if nothing else for the stress itis causing me, let alone the interest on the cash they have from me on lone till they get round to activating it. growellll.

tpe
Your an idiot, find out what your actually parting your money for...

$niffy said:
Your an idiot, find out what your actually parting your money for...

You forgot to abreviate you are, your means it is mine, it reads as if you are signing your self as "an idiot"

If you can read it perhaps you can tell me where it says you have to activate it...

http://www.softxchange.dk/docs/site...p?stockID=78749&mediaType=3&sort=4&track=true

... no thought not, perhaps you should think before displaying to the whole community how cleaver you are?

Things like the trade description act are there to protect the consumer, perhaps you don't think that they are usefull and that people should have to trawl through a multitude of buletin boards to research a purchase of 50$. Most people have other things to do.

My advice is before you throw tantrums at strangers on public boards you should concider the rules for posting.

tpe

i wouldnt tell him where i got it. i'd demand he let me play it. i'd then refuse to take it back to the store.

but thats just me.

I'd be like this:

we boughttttssss it, tis ourrssss... yeeeeessss.... our... preeeecioussssss...

Just a thought... mabey Valve was trying to make shure he didn't guess the cd-key (perhaps with the help of the pre-load files and hacking skills)? Yea, it's rather unlikely that someone would be able to do that without the game being out, and it's more likely that they'd just find a way around the key. But, anything's possible. Heck, mabey he's just been inserting random numbers for the last three days, witout sleep or food,while wearing a diaper, and got extremely lucky.

Back