Why did Valve spoil the beginning?

guys dont worry, that is NOT the beginning! As I recall that is a bout 10-15 mins into the game. I remember in one interview/'playtest, some guy said he play it from the beginning and it doesnt start off straight away in the train.

I remember him saying you start off in an open area, like some sort of town square with loads of combine kickin citizen's asses. So dont worry, im sure there's loads we dont know!

Yeah, that's not the exact beginning.

In any case, there are also very few movie trailers that don't give away the beginning of the movie, because the beginning is where the game begins, and is technically the least important part of the plot because it raises all the questions, not answers them.

Nex321 said:
Sure it is a very nice beginning but after seeing it a few times, there won't be many WOW factors at the beginning when you play it. It wasn't really a smart move from Valve, It would be much better if they didn't show it so that you can see it for the first time when you play it. What do you think?

Thats the reason i haven't watched it and its you own fault for downloading and watching it :p

Woggy said:
What do you mean valve spoiled the beginning? Did they come to your house, staple your eyes open, glue you to your seat and force you to watch it? Ofcourse not. Stop complaining, dont watch what you dont want spoilt.

Everone thats hl2 fans watchs the trailers. Can I ask you how would I know that they'll spoil the beginning when I started to watch it? I haven't seen a game spoil the beginning so I thought this one wouldn't either but I was wrong....btw 2 min is more then enough to spoil something.

Anyways to the last guys replies, I hope its true that the train station isn't the real beginning

Shake Zula said:
Im betting that the begginning will be that you are on the train ride, then you arrive, trainstation video area ensues...
then when you get to the room with the bloody chair, something, somehow, knocks you out.
Cue the Gman with his "Rise and shine... Mr. Freeman... rise and.. shine." line.
Lemme know what you think :afro:

You wanna know what I think? That doesn't happen.

I think they put it because it was in the leak, almost all the scenes form this year's e3 are stuf in the leak.

Plus don't worry, I don't think they have spoiled much, something very interesting happens in the intorrigation room :naughty: don't let anyone spoil it for you (unless they have changed it?) they could've taken it out since the leak cuz I don't find it in the script .. but w/e
edit - it's still there :p in the script anyway

Anyone of you guzs seen the movie "Phone Booth"? In the end the sniper talks to the guy he has been bothering (maybe wrong spelling) through the movie. But since He is doped with painkillers or something you can`t move you just see him kind a` blurry. and he walks away... I think in the HL 2 beginning you wake up in the train and hears G-Man talk to you. You can`t really se his face and before you have recovered yourself he goes of the train. You agree? :afro:

im very happy with what valve has done with the beginning of the game. granted, thats only part of it, so we have a lot more ahead of us. im glad they made it stand up to HL1's amazing opening sequence.

Watching the trainstation bink didn't spoil anything for me, besides I still want to experience it myself :)

brisck1 said:
guys dont worry, that is NOT the beginning! As I recall that is a bout 10-15 mins into the game. I remember in one interview/'playtest, some guy said he play it from the beginning and it doesnt start off straight away in the train.

I remember him saying you start off in an open area, like some sort of town square with loads of combine kickin citizen's asses. So dont worry, im sure there's loads we dont know!

Nope, and you just told us..smart move ****tard..
( always wanted to say that word '****tard', sorry you're the first who has to hear it from me :p)

Alyx_Lover said:
Anyone of you guzs seen the movie "Phone Booth"? In the end the sniper talks to the guy he has been bothering (maybe wrong spelling) through the movie. But since He is doped with painkillers or something you can`t move you just see him kind a` blurry. and he walks away... I think in the HL 2 beginning you wake up in the train and hears G-Man talk to you. You can`t really se his face and before you have recovered yourself he goes of the train. You agree? :afro:

How would you know that..?
Since you only have 2 posts, it could be that you think spoiling is a good thing: IT'S NOT.

Just for the record, it could be ur just making it up, just telling it to you :)

I just have a feeling you could be right, seems the most possible to me :O

hmmzz... whatever the beginning is, my guess is it starts with another 'train ride' (and no i didn't play any alpha/read any script/spoiled anything). The first thing i thought when i watched the trainstation bink was "damn i can't wait to play hl2 just to see the train ride" :D:D:D

Xenome said:
How would you know that..?
Since you only have 2 posts, it could be that you think spoiling is a good thing: IT'S NOT.

Just for the record, it could be ur just making it up, just telling it to you :)

I just have a feeling you could be right, seems the most possible to me :O

I was just thinking of a possible beginning... I don`t know anything more about HL2 than you, probarly less.

Back