Why Halo 2 might sell more than Half-life 2

dream431ca said:
Halo 2 might sell more copies than Half-life 2 because it is on a console...now you might ask "SO WHAT!?? What's so special about the crappy XBOX l33t Sux0Rs!!?? well....lets think for a second..........ok seconds up. Make no mistake..Half-life 2 will sell LOTS and LOTS of copies but what if people want the game and they don't have a good PC to play it on?? lets see...

New PC: $1000-$4000

Upgrade PC: $300-$800

XBOX: $199

I predict that Halo 2 might sell more copies than Half-life 2 because of how cheap the XBOX is compared to a new PC or even upgrading a PC. Some people might :flame: :flame: flame me :flame: :flame: , but it's reality...less money = more sold...

But I don't like Halo 2 but that's the way I see it.

i can make another topic about why GTA SA is gonna sell more then Halo 2,

Ps2 70+ Million users

XBox 15-20 Million users.

Vice City has pushed 11 million copies, Halo can't touch.

Halo 2 will definately sell more then HL2. End of discussion

Foxtrot said:
But would it really be worth playing the game with N64 graphics? Also, 80% of gamers probably have no clue how to even start making a computer.

For about $400 you can get something like:

AMD 2500 XP
500MB DDR PC 2700 ram
High end DX8 vid card or low end DX9 vid card
Plus all necesary parts such as HD, CD player, etc.

Hardly that bad of comp I don't think. Certainly not near top of the line, but it would suffice for all the games currently on the market. I should know as I have something quite similar to it.

dream431ca said:
Stay on topic please :)

She never does... always trolling in threads.

Halo 2 will be interesting to watch but honestly I think the Halo was a once in a lifetime success. Although it shares something in common with HL2.. it is over a year late
:imu: :imu: :imu: :LOL: :LOL:

Hmm..staying on topic, Ok.

Ontopic: Who cares and why does it matter.

I`m glad I can admit this; I think it`s great that we get both these amazing games this winter.

ofcourse it will, halo2 is a casual/mainstream game.

but will halo2 be better than hl2 ?LOL ddont make me laugh.

dream431ca said:
Halo 2 might sell more copies than Half-life 2 because it is on a console...now you might ask "SO WHAT!?? What's so special about the crappy XBOX l33t Sux0Rs!!?? well....lets think for a second..........ok seconds up. Make no mistake..Half-life 2 will sell LOTS and LOTS of copies but what if people want the game and they don't have a good PC to play it on?? lets see...

New PC: $1000-$4000

Upgrade PC: $300-$800

XBOX: $199

I predict that Halo 2 might sell more copies than Half-life 2 because of how cheap the XBOX is compared to a new PC or even upgrading a PC. Some people might :flame: :flame: flame me :flame: :flame: , but it's reality...less money = more sold...

But I don't like Halo 2 but that's the way I see it.
\

sorry you made my BS detector go off 10000000000%.

a good gaming pc at most costs 1300 at newegg. parts 200-300. 2nd no way will a console fps touch a pc fps in quality.

but i agree halo2 will sell more. its casual/mainstream and console.

Subz said:
\

sorry you made my BS detector go off 10000000000%.

a good gaming pc at most costs 1300 at newegg. parts 200-300. 2nd no way will a console fps touch a pc fps in quality.

but i agree halo2 will sell more. its casual/mainstream and console.
A good gaming PC at the msot costs 1300? 1300 what? Because that can't be American dollars.

Foxtrot said:
A good gaming PC at the msot costs 1300? 1300 what? Because that can't be American dollars.

yes american dollars its called newegg.com

x800xt ~400
a64 3200+ ~200?
mobo w/ onboard 5.1 ~100
ram ~120
case/etc = ~200

actually way less than 1300 and can play hl2 or doom3 at very very good.

and i bet prices are cheaper last time i chcked was months ago.

Subz said:
2nd no way will a console fps touch a pc fps in quality.

History doesn't suggest this. There are more great single player fps on consoles than on the pc (imo, of course)

Also - calling Halo 2 casual is a little presumptuous. The original challenged me more than any pc shooter i've played. (if you want casual - try CoD or MoH. Now they are the gaming equivalent of McDonalds)

I think Halo 2 will sell more because Console games sell more. The X-Box market is much larger than the PC Gaming market.

Neutrino said:
For about $400 you can get something like:

AMD 2500 XP
500MB DDR PC 2700 ram
High end DX8 vid card or low end DX9 vid card
Plus all necesary parts such as HD, CD player, etc.

Hardly that bad of comp I don't think. Certainly not near top of the line, but it would suffice for all the games currently on the market. I should know as I have something quite similar to it.

Actually its around $500. ;)

(I know, I build them for people disguised as an "internet computer")

Subz said:
yes american dollars its called newegg.com

x800xt ~400
a64 3200+ ~200?
mobo w/ onboard 5.1 ~100
ram ~120
case/etc = ~200

actually way less than 1300 and can play hl2 or doom3 at very very good.

and i bet prices are cheaper last time i chcked was months ago.
You forgot speakers, hardrive, mouse, keyboard, monitor, OS and dvd drive. That would add atleast $350.

Foxtrot said:
You forgot speakers, hardrive, mouse, keyboard, monitor, OS and dvd drive. That would add atleast $350.
If you don't have that stuff, chances are you either live in a cave or don't understand of the purpose of a computer.

Did Halo1 sell 8 million copies?

Besides, HL2 will have a Xbox version.

ShadowFox said:
If you don't have that stuff, chances are you either live in a cave or don't understand of the purpose of a computer.
No one would have any of that stuff if they only own a crap computer for internet/homework. Most people who own an xbox don't have a computer they can rip apart and use to make a gaming computer.

Llyranor said:
Did Halo1 sell 8 million copies?

Besides, HL2 will have a Xbox version.

No, it sold about 4 million. (that was about 4 months ago)

Actually, HELL NO.
Your thinking about right away.
Lets see... how many mods will be for Halo 2? Lets see its on the xbox...take a guess. Mods promote growth of a game.

Does Halo 2 even have ragdolling?
NO, its not even next generation!
My computer is around $800, i can run Cs:S with everything high with decent framerates....
Now im guessinga $450 could run Cs:S at lowest quality...

Hl2 is made to run on crappy comps through good comps.
Doom 3 was made to run on good comps.

Look in the long run HL2 will last alot longer. Because of mods, because of everything.
Halo 2 wont. It wont have the mods, it wont have next generation features.
So whatever, but trust me, HL2 will last ALOT longer. Sure, right away Halo 2 might sell like a ton. But once Halo 2 starts getting boring... HL2 will just be picking up :). Then all the Halo 2 fans will switch over when HL2 goes on xbox. ^_^.
Thus creating more copies of HL2 sold. Thus disproving your whole theory.

Minerel said:
Actually, HELL NO.
Lets see... how many mods will be for Halo 2? Lets see its on the xbox...take a guess. Mods promote growth of a game.

My computer is around $800, i can run Cs:S with everything high with decent framerates....

Look in the long run HL2 will last alot longer. Because of mods, because of everything.
So whatever, but trust me, HL2 will last ALOT longer. Sure, right away Halo 2 might sell like a ton. But once Halo 2 starts getting boring... HL2 will just be picking up :). Then all the Halo 2 fans will switch over when HL2 goes on xbox. ^_^.

All a game needs to be next gen is to have rag doll effects?

Of course. New methods of story-telling and standards in presentation are merely curtain dressing for being able to throw people over railings. Duh.

Direwolf said:
Of course. New methods of story-telling and standards in presentation are merely curtain dressing for being able to throw people over railings. Duh.
Oh I see now, didn't look at it that way.

Im simply saying, it dosn't even have ragdolls. Most non-next generation games coming out today have ragdolls.
It's not on par with technology.

Minerel said:
Im simply saying, it dosn't even have ragdolls. Most non-next generation games coming out today have ragdolls.
It's not on par with technology.
It still has a good physics and death animation system.

Minerel said:
Actually, HELL NO.

Halo 2 has ragdolls, Halo 1 did why wouldn't this one.

Warbie said:
History doesn't suggest this. There are more great single player fps on consoles than on the pc (imo, of course)

)
I disagree. IMO:)

Crap sorry for double posting.

Me hates perfect dark:(

Halflife
deux ex
Doom
Quake
CoD
NOLF
NOLF2
Halo;)

brink's said:
Me hates perfect dark:(

Halflife
deux ex
Doom
Quake
CoD
NOLF
NOLF2
Halo;)
Quake was OK...only really stands out because it was first, same with Doom. Never played NOLF though. Deus ex is more of an RPG, and CoD wasn't that great.

Yes, but when DOOM and Quake came out they were amazing and you can only judge a game on what Impact it created the year it was released.
Same can be said of goldeneye, that was the first fps to come out on console( besides Turak :| )
You should try NOLF, great game.

brink's said:
Yes, but when DOOM and Quake came out they were amazing and you can only judge a game on what Impact it created the year it was released.
Same can be said of goldeneye, that was the first fps to come out on console( besides Turak :| )
You should try NOLF, great game.
Goldeneye is still fun though.

brink's said:
Regardless.....

Not to me( IMO of course)
Well, I shouldn't say it is fun anymore because the last time I played it was almost 3 years ago lol.

Foxtrot said:
Quake was OK...only really stands out because it was first, same with Doom.
Try and go to Doomworld and say that. Needless to say it is all opinion.

And many people also disagree with you about Call of Duty. I'll leave it at that.

brink's said:
Halo 2 has ragdolls, Halo 1 did why wouldn't this one.
Halo 2 doesnt have ragdolls, neither did Halo one. The only thing it did was run an animation when the player died, and after that animation was complete, if there were clipping errors it would shift the limbs and what not to make it look correct.

One time i flew a banshee up as high as i could get it, and then jumped out, landed on that ice/snow bridge and it played an animation of me hitting the ground, bouncing and rolling, and by that time i should've fallen off the cliff because i was on the edge, but instead the torso stayed where it was and the arms and head tried to move down to the surface, 50 meters below.

It was pretty funny, but it certainly isnt something a ragdoll would do.

As for Halo 2 being "casual", i agree with Warbie, it isn't casual at all, its a lot harder then games like CoD and MoH.

While ragdols are very nice - i'd hardly call them an essential ingredient (none of my favourite shooters use ragdols)

They're fun, in a 'shoot the dead bodies while your messing about' kind of way :) But don't really have much impact on a game - or its quality.

You'd have to be a complete dummy not to realize Halo 2 will sell a high amount of copies. Halo 2 is the only decent FPS for consoles and thus attracts hundreds of slimy vermin around the world who would pretty much die for a copy.

Back