Why Halo?

P

Psyco_

I know this is off-topic, but it seems there's a lot of you guys who are looking forward to Halo PC.

Why is that? I've been told that it's just a port from the Xbox version with some new multiplayer features... But come on, the gameplay in multiplayer is limited to only 16 players, how great can that be?

I've been playing Halo on my Xbox, and my opinion of the game is that it's pretty good, but not great enough to get all hyped about...

This thread isn't ment to take the pleasure away from anyone, it's just a simple question :)
Why Halo?

Originally posted by Psyco_
I did that because Halo was discussed there.. sorry

Hmmm, did the thread just moved? If not...then im sorry :)

This is the right place for the thread.

Edit: nope, Munro moved it.

Anyways, i dont know why everyone is talking about Halo in the HL2 forum.

Jesus Christ, why close my topic? It's not like I will post a freaking link there at warez version. We just talking about it.

Originally posted by Mr.Reak
Jesus Christ, why close my topic? It's not like I will post a freaking link there at warez version. We just talking about it.

You cant post links or TALK about it.

Oh you can't, well too bad, because we sure could do that before.

Because Halo is the only game to combine good fighting with good vehicles (Tribes and Battlefeild both having good vehicls - but crappy fighting :/)

It doesn't need large teams. Infact the most rewarding way to play is in organised, 6 aside matches, with everyone on voice comms (imo of course)

It's great fun :)

Originally posted by Warbie
Because Halo is the only game to combine good fighting with good vehicles (Tribes and Battlefeild both having good vehicls - but crappy fighting :/)

It doesn't need large teams. Infact the most rewarding way to play is in organised, 6 aside matches, with everyone on voice comms (imo of course)

It's great fun :)

Yea exactly what he said....i didnt know halo was going to support voice comm sweet.:bounce:

I will get it because it was originally a Bungie game - I'm going in looking for the Marathon easter eggs :)
Also, b/c this was meant to be a PC game - aiming/sniping with a console controller SUCKS! Will be much better now.
One last thing: They are updating the textures/etc for DX9 compliance. It has the possibility of looking very good.

uuuh anyone know why the non-beta version gives me the error:
A problem occured initializing Direct3D. Hardware acceleration might be disabled, please run DXDIAG
on my 9700 Pro?? from what i've heard other 9700 Pro owners have been getting this problem.

Try using Omega drivers crush

btw - Halo deosn't come with voice comms ....... just have to play with some mates. Apparently the official tournies are gonna be 5 v 5, so it shouldn't be too hard to get a team together :)

I guess it sounds interesting that a solid fps shooter has vehicle support, and I'm sure it would be great fun to play, but with the delay of HL2 until november/december I'm not upgrading my computer until I can smell the release date. I'm saving my money to build the best system I can afford upon release.
And there's just not any point in buying a game my crappy system can't play :/ (900 mhz athlon t-bird, 512 mb ram, GF2 pro (haha)). I feel guilty in these forums with those specs ;)

Originally posted by Psyco_
I know this is off-topic, but it seems there's a lot of you guys who are looking forward to Halo PC.

Why is that? I've been told that it's just a port from the Xbox version with some new multiplayer features... But come on, the gameplay in multiplayer is limited to only 16 players, how great can that be?

I've been playing Halo on my Xbox, and my opinion of the game is that it's pretty good, but not great enough to get all hyped about...

This thread isn't ment to take the pleasure away from anyone, it's just a simple question :)
Why Halo?

I just got halo today, turned out to be MUCH better than I thought, with new levels for multiplayer and not to mention some of the great new guns, I gotta hand it to bungie, they made this port worth my time.
Single player isnt better than the XBOX, while the framerate stutters at times, it's still a great campaign.. as a matter of fact I just beat it. But it's definetly the multiplayer that makes this solid shooter shine. I recommend it to anyone who's a fan of FPS and not only a HL2 fanboy, seems like most HL2 fanboys only like HL2 and nothing else..
Note: It's okay to like other games.

kthx

Please explain to me what makes Halo multiplayer an experience not to miss... Is it the vehicles, the intense combat or something else... Or i could just read a review...

It's the vehicles (mainly the warthog - best vehicle in video game history, bar none) and the fighting (which is good enough for 1 v 1 duels as well as big teambased matches)

Buy it :)

The thing that gets me excited is that it comes with 26 different multiplayer modes! Not only that but you can customize them or something to make a entirely new mode. So that alone gives replay value to atleast hl2s release. So is it already out today? Damn supposedly my EB store isnt going to have it til wednesday.

IMO-halo owns...i just played it all day yesterday. I beat the campaign and then started playing online. Online play is great,the vehicles r so much fun....today in the warthog i was driving,and the guy behind me shot a rocket right in front of us, so we flew in the air about 50 feet and then SQUASHED some enemy,it was so great...the guns r pretty cool too. The normal guns wont kill much cuz of the shields, so sometimes it just becomes a nade throwing battle...but still...its good fun

1.8 p4,512 DDR,64mb GF2 MX
60 fps...just tweak the setts :D

Is the Single player mode worth buying the game for? I live so far out in the woods that Broadband is still just a dream....So I won't be playing the game in mp. Need input only 24 hrs togo....

I played single player on co-op mode with my cousin on his xbox and it was alright. Its been awhile since ive played it though so i cant really say if it stacks up against anything now days.If i was you id wait for the demo or buy it and if you dont like it take it back and say it wont run on your comp .:dork:

I think halo PC will/is be great, a great PC game, but the best gaming moments I have ever had have been playing 8v8 Halo Xbox games will all my friends in my stuffy room, shouting and yelling at them all. That will be one thing Halo PC can't repliacte.

Originally posted by SidewinderX143
I think halo PC will/is be great, a great PC game, but the best gaming moments I have ever had have been playing 8v8 Halo Xbox games will all my friends in my stuffy room, shouting and yelling at them all. That will be one thing Halo PC can't repliacte.

Maybe a PC lanparty?

Turned off specular lighting and set render to 1.4... 1024 x 768 with no slow down whatsoever, Im really enjoying this game now.

:D

They probably do. Man i cant stand bots though im so tired of browsing through ut2k3 servers and only 6 out of 50 have players in them the rest nothing but bots.:flame: :flame:

The multiplayer absolutely SUCKS compared to games that have been out for years. I find Tribes 2 to be many times better than this... not to mention Half-Life. I DO NOT GET why this game is SO praised AT ALL! It's simple and boring... not to mention latency is an EXTREMELY BAD problem... at least right now... and it's NOT ME... plus, other people are experiencing this is well.

As for the singleplayer, it is also fairly unexciting and is bogged down by pointless tasks and seeing the same thing over and over again.

Originally posted by Letters
The multiplayer absolutely SUCKS compared to games that have been out for years. I find Tribes 2 to be many times better than this... not to mention Half-Life. I DO NOT GET why this game is SO praised AT ALL! It's simple and boring... not to mention latency is an EXTREMELY BAD problem... at least right now... and it's NOT ME... plus, other people are experiencing this is well.

As for the singleplayer, it is also fairly unexciting and is bogged down by pointless tasks and seeing the same thing over and over again.
Damn welll im waitng for a demo now lol its getting so much negative press. I was gonna buy it last night but didnt get the chance i guess ill check something else out.

Ha, Letters thinks that Tribes2 can stand up to Halo's MP :rolleyes:

I don't have any latency problems at all. However that could have something to do with only joining servers with a ping under 150...

I've been playing it for hours straight now. It's a hell of a lot of fun. I say, go pick it up, and if you happen to think it sucks, then just return it!

Originally posted by stigmata
Ha, Letters thinks that Tribes2 can stand up to Halo's MP :rolleyes:

I don't have any latency problems at all. However that could have something to do with only joining servers with a ping under 150...

I've been playing it for hours straight now. It's a hell of a lot of fun. I say, go pick it up, and if you happen to think it sucks, then just return it!

Yup i picked it up its pretty badass ok later though gotta go play.:bounce:

I just got the game let me say one thing about it.

AMAZING

Omg man, ONLINE MP, NEW WEAPONS, BETTER GRAPHICS! Whats not to love?

Originally posted by mchammer75040
Yea exactly what he said....i didnt know halo was going to support voice comm sweet.:bounce:

if its got voice comms then im sold

100% definate buy.

Back