Why HL2DM is necessary, and how to go about it

You're quite welcome, Physicles. I'm sure there are more mod makers out there doing DM mods, considering the row created by the no DM announcement.

AS far as I'm concerned, there is no reason to speculate on the justification of DM existence. It is, or it isn't, and when nobody plays it, it will not exist, and nobody will care. Until then, somebody still cares. Otherwise it's strictly a financial justification, which is veyr easy to justify as long as Mod makers don't mind doing it for free. Then I believe they would fall into the category of those who care. And as long as there are modders who care, I'll be happy.

At least until some other Mod comes around to blow it away. Which makes me wonder why I've never played an "insta-gib" tau game.... ala UT2003/UT2004.... :thumbs:

Homercidal said:
Surely the SP game is fantastic, but MP is what gives a game longevity.
Actually, the mods are what gives a game its longevity.

And even basic MP is better than nothing.
And Counter Strike: Source is better than basic MP.

Thanks, Pi Mu Rho. I subscribed.

Homercidal said:
AS far as I'm concerned, there is no reason to speculate on the justification of DM existence. It is, or it isn't, and when nobody plays it, it will not exist, and nobody will care. Until then, somebody still cares.

Very true. I guess what I was referring to was the existence of an official HL2DM produced by Valve. Maybe Valve can't justify spending the time, but someone in the community always can. What we then have to guard against is many different versions of HL2DM, as I mentioned in my first post.

Fizznix said:
If the SDK contains an "incompleate HL2DM", then couldn't someone make a "compleate HL2DM" rather easily and quickly?

Most likely. Of course, that depends on how incomplete it is.

ComradeBadger said:
AG2 is coming out, it's all good :)

Yeah Badgy, you need to keep me updated on that, since I can't talk to you on irc anymore since I got bannz0rd!

Mountain Man said:
Actually, the mods are what gives a game its longevity.

95% of which are multiplayer. :) SP requires a lot more effort to pull off effectively.

Mountain said:
And Counter Strike: Source is better than basic MP.
How the f*** would you know if you never played it hmm?
With new weapons, especially the manipulator, deathmatch will rock again.

ComradeBadger said:
AG2 is coming out, it's all good :)

What is this thing you call AG2? Damn work is bugging all day and I can't chat like I want to! Gotta go home now. Catch ya later.

hldm (i played deathmatch classic on steam, it that the one?) was great fun, i mite never play it again, but it was fun. so, go hl2dm!!!

rf

Xeinon said:
It´s impossible to make HL2DM and have the manipulator gun. Just think about the extra server stress the physics engine gives. And the CS source physics aren´t even accurate enough to have chairs and tables flying all over the place.

It would work without the manipulator and i´m pretty sure that there will be a mod that enables HL2 weapons on the CS source maps.

it could work, like only one manipulator in the level to get.

Back