Why isn't there a deathmatch gametype?

Methias

Reaction score
Ask yourself this question seriously. Adding deathmatch style gametypes (where you don't have to wait to respawn until the end of some kind of round) would be a great idea. It really wouldn't do anything to hurt the game overall. It would only draw in the kinds of new players that need a more steady pacing in the action.

Right now I play Call of Duty: United Offensive alot. I love that game. The other day I tried the Search & Destroy gametype for the first time. I didn't really much care for it. I just got antsy if and when I was killed early on in the round and had to wait for the next round to begin. It was no big deal though. I just went back to playing capture the flag/base assault/deathmatch/team deathmatch/etc. and continued having a great time with it. I don't see why the same thing can't be done with Counter-Strike. I really like the artwork and the sounds that Counter-Strike has in place. I just wish I had a way to enjoy it.

If CS had dm it wouldn't be CS.

well this is the initial CS:S release, Im sure we will be seeing new scenarios and gametypes as time passes.. yeah Im starting to sound like one of the "Im sure they will mod it in later!" and "OMG just wait they will patch it" people lol.

regardless, when we get our hands on the sdk Im sure people will start slapping in the WC3 mods (for cs) and Super hero mods (cs) and even dm style gameplay (exists somewhere for cs as well)

I want to play through HL:Source with the CS:S weapons (like counter-life before it dissapeared)

no wait, HL:S coop with my bro, using the CS:S weapons.

or wait, just HL2 coop.. (not svencoop) just vanilla coop.

Mr. Redundant. I read your reply to my other post and it would totally rock if Valve did, in fact, intend to put in new gametypes etc. Here's hoping that they do add new code/content like that.

Ummm... CS was designed with Team Play as the base for it.

It's Terrorists vs. Counter-Terrorists... thats what the game is, always has been, and always will be.

Non-Source CS has some mods that are DM style, so you'll just have to wait for one of those.

Till then, go play Quake... :hmph:

WhiteZero said:
Till then, go play Quake... :hmph:

Sigh...I was hoping people wouldn't throw shit like that at me. WhiteZero, you really did nothing beyond imply why what I'm proposing shouldn't happen. Why don't you go ahead and state why not.

Methias said:
Sigh...I was hoping people wouldn't throw shit like that at me.

And we were hoping people would throw shit like "why isnt there DM in CS?" at us either.

So I guess that makes us even.

You and me are on totally different ground man. I'm proposing new things. You're just shooting them down.

Just give it time. Adrenaline Gamer is already putting together a team for AG2 once the SDK is released.

I expect there to be a HLDM2 release eventually. If I was Valve I would have done this the same way. CSS is where the money is and what people will want the most, 1,500 servers already can't be wrong.

Methias said:
You and me are on totally different ground man. I'm proposing new things. You're just shooting them down.

WhiteZero said:
Non-Source CS has some mods that are DM style, so you'll just have to wait for one of those.

:naughty:

If deathmatch was implemented at the "release" level (as part of CS:Source), I believe it would do nothing to drive away the already existing players and would only bring in new ones. And if it's true that they're going to possibly be adding things like that, then cool. Otherwise, I'd rather it not simply pop up as a mod. The potential amount of servers for it in that case would be decreased I think.

Pro[pH]et said:
1,500 servers already can't be wrong.

Oh, theres 2,727 Servers right now. It's about peek time right now as well.

man... and 8,269 players too... Average Steam Package $65 x 8,269 = atleased $537,485 VALVe has made so far.

Methias - Sorry man, but DM will never be officaly implemented into CS.

I think it is a matter of time. They had time (energy too, maybe) to release CSS but not anything else MP related with HL2. I would rather have it this way then wait another year for HL2 just to have MP with it.

Just a thought, could be wrong on that.

:thumbs: If CS:S had a DM, there would be like a 100% growth in cheating.

OMGOZRZ!! I am soo pissed he is powning meh! I need to grab some haxxxors!

Also, people would get killed tooo quickly.

OMGzorz!!! I am a little girl, stop spawn killing! WAAA! WAA!

Yeah, I suppose there'd be more "OMGzorz" in CS if DM was added. I'd still be for it :). I tend to be the one that makes people go "OMGzorz".

I played on a DM 1.6 server last week... it was actually pretty fun. :p

i agree there should be a DM mode. sometimes i like plain CS:S, but sometimes i just want to run around and shoot people for fun with no waiting.

What if orginal HL:Source will include the multiplayer version of HL and thus include a Source Deathmatch. I have no proof to back this up, but that might be a possibility. But then again, it might not.

DM in CS?

That would pretty much defeat the entire purpose of the game in my eyes.

CS has a deathmatch mod....and its still cs

Umm.... there is this mode called de_

It's team deathmatch.

With some distractions.

Liam, read my post please. Neutrino, please explain what you mean.

Actually, CS DM has a lot less people whining and accusing others of cheating. This is probably because the idiots don't have to wait till the round ends and thus, don't get so frustrated when they die all the time. :)

An example: someone shoots a whiner in the head with a single AK bullet and they die. So instead of starting to spout out the usual crap like "OMFG THAT ****ING CHEATERZ F*** OFF IM GONA GET YOU BANNED U N00B, MY FREINDS BROHTER IS ADMIN!!", they go "OMFG TH... Oh I'm alive again, right let's go!"

Back