Why the US can war anywhere it wants.

Companion Cube
Reaction score
WorldMilitarySpending.jpg

...... 6 times that of China's....

:O

(from wikipedia)

I have heard before that the US spends twice the amount of money on military that the rest of the world added together does.

Exactly. Thats why a lot of us Americans are pissed at our govt because that money can go to things that actually matter.

I mean... ffs if we spent only 1/4 of that on military we would have hundreds of billions of dollars to spend on other things here, and still be spending double what everyone else is on military.

**** I hate my govt.

jeez, they spend more on military than our entire state income :p

Exactly. Thats why a lot of us Americans are pissed at our govt because that money can go to things that actually matter.

I mean... ffs if we spent only 1/4 of that on military we would have hundreds of billions of dollars to spend on other things here, and still be spending double what everyone else is on military.

**** I hate my govt.

"Democratic goverments worldwide have been reducing their military spending for social services. What they do not realize is that keeping the populace alive and free is the most important social service of all."

But anyway, I agree. The US could do with half of that.

Wow, if they wouldn't start wars the money would be completely useless!

The title is wrong really, waging war now has rules and you need a damn fine reason to attack another country.

But yeah, America's spending on the military it incredibly overdone, that your 'war president' thats behind all of that

The thread title is really stupid, so i looked at the poster and thought well that figures. :rolling:

Isn't there a documentary about this? Why we fight?

"Democratic goverments worldwide have been reducing their military spending for social services. What they do not realize is that keeping the populace alive and free is the most important social service of all."
Alive and free? They're going through soldiers like mad (for the USA, that is) :|

over 40 million americans are without healthcare ..guess taking care of their own isnt high on the priority list

but in their defense the US needs that big of a budget ..without it they would never have been able to strong arm ..

Honduras
British Guayana
Albania
Iran
Syria
Viet Nam
Laos
Equador
the Congo
Brazil
Peru
Dominican Republic
Cuba
Ghana
Uruguay
Chile
Greece
Bolivia
Guatemala
Costa Rica
Australia
Indonesia
Angola
Zaire
Grenada
Morocco
Surinam
Lybia
Nicaragua
Bulgaria
El Salvador
Haiti
Somalia
Colombia
the Phillippines
Afghanistan
Iraq

Yeah I mean spending billions to rebuild a city under sealevel that is known to be hit by hurricanes many of times is smart right? :rolleyes:

Honduras
British Guayana
Albania
Iran
Syria
Viet Nam
Laos
Equador
the Congo
Brazil
Peru
Dominican Republic
Cuba
Ghana
Uruguay
Chile
Greece
Bolivia
Guatemala
Costa Rica
Australia
Indonesia
Angola
Zaire
Grenada
Morocco
Surinam
Lybia
Nicaragua
Bulgaria
El Salvador
Haiti
Somalia
Colombia
the Phillippines
Afghanistan
Iraq

Ouch.

France spends that much?? Just how expensive are white flags?

Yeah I mean spending billions to rebuild a city under sealevel that is known to be hit by hurricanes many of times is smart right? :rolleyes:

New Orleans was far more important than just being a city that was hit by hurricanes.

Besides... it wasn't a problem until those Levies(sp?) broke.

And going on with the chart... If I were canada, I wouldn't feel the need to spend alot of money on military with USA to the south doing it all. I mean, it's not like there's any threat of America invading canada in this day and age.

That reminds me, they called in the help of some Dutch dambuilding engineers to see what went wrong, and they were all like "This is the crappiest dam in history :|"

New Orleans was far more important than just being a city that was hit by hurricanes.

And going on with the chart... If I were canada, I wouldn't feel the need to spend alot of money on military with USA to the south doing it all. I mean, it's not like there's any threat of America invading canada in this day and age.

Well the USA does need Canada's Natural resources, and the USA does not really need to invade Canada, because if the US asks for something we usually say yes.

not always

besides the world would not tolerate an invasion by the US ..we're the good guys ..and they're ..well the spawn of satan :naughty:

Also, the median salary is well below the mean salary.

There's a lot of poor people in the States.

not always

besides the world would not tolerate an invasion by the US ..we're the good guys ..and they're ..well the spawn of satan :naughty:

one half of the worl cant survive without the other.
The US needs Canada ,and the other way around.

sure the US needs canada ..they get more oil from us than anyone else ..not too mention softwood lumber, electricity, nickle, water, celine dion

...anybody notice that Numbers just criticized the US about military spending?

-Angry Lawyer

we dont want her either

/me shoves celine under door jamb

Any city that is below sea level on a coast that gets hit by hurricanes is a PROBLEM. I don't see why you do not understand this, it would be quite easy for the ocean to eat away at it with enough rain/water. You are just asking for trouble with those 2 issues.

Looks like Saudi Arabia has it's priorities list all wrong.

So Russia and Greenland didn't take part in that survey eh :dozey:

Any city that is below sea level on a coast that gets hit by hurricanes is a PROBLEM. I don't see why you do not understand this, it would be quite easy for the ocean to eat away at it with enough rain/water. You are just asking for trouble with those 2 issues.

:| Its not like were the only city in the world thats at risk from natural disasters. Besides that, New Orleans is more than just any city, its one of the main ports in our country, and one of the key cities in the oil buisness, among other things.

well america wants to take on the world, looks like they're going the right way about it. still, military spending isn't everything, there's no way America could 'coquer the world', despite their hugely absurd spending habits.

It's like America is trying to show off it's huge e-penor, but instead of internet, it's... military? M-penor?

Back