Wierd thing on the buggy clip...

Bicka

Reaction score
What the hell is that? Looks more like a giant bowlingball than a powerline...

wth.jpg

Hmm i just watched that section again, and i saw it

No idea what that is, looks like a...well a nothing

Side-on power line support i think.

Perhaps the cable it's supporting (as well as it's structure) is too small and far away to be rendered.

Those are all over Europe, there's one just up the street from my house.

Bicka said:

wth.jpg

What the hell.LoL, Have u never seen something like that? It s a mast (dont know if this is the proper expression) carrying a powerline "cross country". Its not fully visible because of the distance fog.
Man just get in your car and drive away from cieties then u will see "hundreds" of these "powerlines"

PS: Do u staiyed your whole life in your house / apartment? :O

For people understanding German: "Überlandleitungs Masten"

Investigator said:
What the hell.LoL, Have u never seen something like that? It s a mast (dont know if this is the proper expression) carrying a powerline "cross country". Its not fully visible because of the distance fog.
Man just get in your car and drive away from cieties then u will see "hundreds" of these "powerlines"

I bet you 500 quid, when we get the fullgame, that that aint no powerline.
:cheers:

Bicka said:
It looked like a powerline to me at first, but it still seems weird... :x

Ok, if it's not a power line thing, then what could it be....

Taking all bids...

Would be cool if it was some kind of a daddy-strider (which could camaflage it's self as a power cable support). :p

It's a giant paper clip, dug in the ground. :)

Bicka said:

:cheers: I take the bet. No, people calm down, it s a powerline.
Just look at the landscape in the swampboat scene from the e3 vid there u will see those powerlines too.

SLH said:
Ok, if it's not a power line thing, then what could it be....

Taking all bids...

Would be cool if it was some kind of a daddy-strider (which could camaflage it's self as a power cable support). :p

Or....a giant bowling pin?

Investigator said:
:cheers: I take the bet. No, people calm down, it s a powerline.
Just look at the landscape in the swampboat scene from the e3 vid there u will see those powerlines too.

*Gets the old printer out* 500 quid yeah? :farmer:

Hm, those things are quite usual up here in the north Sweden, the height and the reinforced bars are super on during the blizzards and over the unpopulated mountain/forest-areas.
Down in the south I hardly ever see them.
But these powerlines-supporters are gigantic in real life, pretty cool actully.

EDIT
By gigantic I mean about a ~100 meters high and faaaar between them.

Bicka said:

I'd take your bet if I was old enough to be able to pay it.

Found this recently scrawled on a toilet cubical.

"Due to the recent speculation regarding the unknown object in the buggy scene of the E3 video i have decided to stop this speculation before it gets out of hand. What you see in the video in the distance is in fact a giant bowling pin. Towards the end of the game you will face said pin. Using the unprecedented physics realism we are able to give the players the opportunity to fight any number of bowling pins of varying sizes. We are still play-testing, so we may change the look of the bowling pins. This is due to the fact that many people are getting them confused with power-line supports."

-Gabe

I've seen thausends of such powerline support structures, but that is not one of them.

DeltaBlast said:
I've seen thausends of such powerline support structures, but that is not one of them.

Have you ever seen one from the side. :p

SLH said:
Found this recently scrawled on a toilet cubical.

"Due to the recent speculation regarding the unknown object in the buggy scene of the E3 video i have decided to stop this speculation before it gets out of hand. What you see in the video in the distance is in fact a giant bowling pin. Towards the end of the game you will face said pin. Using the unprecedented physics realism we are able to give the players the opportunity to fight any number of bowling pins of varying sizes. We are still play-testing, so we may change the look of the bowling pins. This is due to the fact that many people are getting them confused with power-line supports."

-Gabe

OMG! I just found a piccy of the final end boss!!!!!

Bicka said:
OMG! I just found a piccy of the final end boss!!!!!

LOL, i was taking a swig of beer just as i clicked that link, and it almost came out of my nose!

Nah it's part of the terrain or it is a shadow, let it go through for 2-3 seconds you see the powerline supporter disappear. But that cable like thingy is till there.

So it's most likely either part of the terrain, which then has an effect on shadow on it.

Or it might be a shadow from the supporter.

Lads its a pylon.No doubt,as at the start of that clip there is another one and the one you are pointing at is just farther away.I mean the Citidal has to get power from somewhere.

Bicka said:

wth.jpg

Are you a retard or something? It's a powerline, duh. It looks like a bowling pin... so what? HL2 sucks now?

PatPwnt said:
Are you a retard or something? It's a powerline, duh. It looks like a bowling pin... so what? HL2 sucks now?

**** you, little trolling prick...

It was a laff post. Its something that lasts 2 seconds at most on the screen and I just wanted to see what people made of it. I wasn't intending to say that HL2 was shit now I was making a joke about the way it looked.

Well done on being a pathetic flamer and look forward to your overly defensive replies :cheers:

hehe bowling pin :)

at 04:49 on the high res video from fileplanet (~700mb)
you can clearly see the power line/bowling pin in the top right.

04:53 has a decent view of it too

BUT THE BEST, and most definitive (that shows it in all its bowling pin goodness is)

05:06 exactly

I am just sick of all pickyness I am hearing from the videos.

Mr. Redundant said:
hehe bowling pin :)

at 04:49 on the high res video from fileplanet (~700mb)
you can clearly see the power line/bowling pin in the top right.

04:53 has a decent view of it too

BUT THE BEST, and most definitive (that shows it in all its bowling pin goodness is)

05:06 exactly

Lol damn! :E

pat said:
I am just sick of all pickyness I am hearing from the videos.

Well m8 best thing to do is to just not reply rather than be unpolite!
I wasn't meaning to be picky I just saw this for a second and grabbed a screenie. I had my brightness and contrast set to high as well so I didn't notice the pylon in the later shots. My bad! :thumbs:

Back