Will allies know when to shoot YOU?

There shouldnt be any gun lowering or anything like that. Part of realism in fighting with allies is watching the friendly fire. If im shooting in a massive firefight i dont want my gun to stop firing because some idiot runs in front. It just helps to teach me that i need to keep an eye on where all of my allies are, and to shift my fire if they advance or walk near my target.

If i cant line up allies against a big wall and blow their brains out like scientists, im just going to snap.

Yeah, a lot of the fun in HL1 is when you kill scientists.

I think it might work like in Mafia for example, you have your gun ready, but if you point it at a friendly it lowers. You click fire and it raises again, click fire one more time an cablam! The good Dr Kleiner is wormfood.

acme420 said:
i wasnt trolling i was asking how come he doesnt tell us since he actually played the game for a considerable amount of time. surely he remembers somethign i mean wtf did they wipe his **** mind when he left valve why the hell cant he **** remember anyhing that happened while he was there. if they made him sign an nda all he has to say is i cant talk about it instead of trying to make me believe he doesnt remember shit about what happened when he went to valve which is like a dream come true for 99.999% of the people on this forums since we are all wetting our pants in anticipation of these games. that just makes me think hes a f*** retard. i mean how the **** do you not remember something like that?

if i won a million dollars i sure as hell wouldnt come a few weeks later and tell everyone i dont know how i ****in won it.
He didn't play the whole game. Somebody with a decent attitude instead of a horrible one like yours would have assumed he didn't play any parts of the game that had any AI combat sequences in. And perhaps if you weren't being such an ass he might have said that by now instead of ignoring you like everybody else is. I asked you to clean up the attitude, you've ignored me. Second and final warning.

Sprafa said:
I think that if you kill someone important (Alyx, Kleiner) in HL2, that old message msut appear..." subject failed to cooperate with necessary personnel..."

I doubt we'll see that message again. I don't think Gordon is a "subject" any longer. But who knows. Maybe we'll just see "game over."

Probably just:

"You are dead. Although because your dead you wont be able to read this, so i guess im talking to myself. A super powerfull gaming engine, sitting here, talking to myself. What a waste. In the time i took to say this i could have re-written Hamlet and made it really good. Its just not right."

Cybernoid said:
I doubt we'll see that message again. I don't think Gordon is a "subject" any longer. But who knows. Maybe we'll just see "game over."
There must be something like that. Doug mentioned on the E3 Livewire interview that if you lose the buggy in the rollermine scene showed at E3 then it's game over.

Fortunately, my m4d sK1LLz prevent me from losing the buggy or otherwise failing during the game.

Chris_D said:
There must be something like that. Doug mentioned on the E3 Livewire interview that if you lose the buggy in the rollermine scene showed at E3 then it's game over.

It is just Game Over or only harder to survive and takes longer time to travel?

Back