Will alyx be useless?

Kind of, but I expected Val to have some HEAVY arsenal of weapons that I could fall back onto for support. I expected that she'd have something similar to a sniper rifle, and I would have to draw them out, so she could shoot them, or something like a rocket launcher so that I'd have to protect her, so she could shoot them while they're in a group or something.

That would've been excellent, but no, they had to give her a MP5 !!! What a stupid design decision, especially since she ran headfirst into enemys first chance she got ! I actually wondered if Crytek got bored, and skimped on Val's A.I, since the merceneries seem so brilliant, while she is so idiotic !

she shouldnt be useless!

I reckon there should be a part of the game where you get captured by combine and can just look around while tied to a chair being yelled at by combine. then alyx and dog save u.

I think she will be a combat partner, i dnt think it will be like Val tho.
+ she will just do smart covering for you, (that actually helps,when she shoots,combines duck or run)

I hope that she will be like this Action-hero, that rescues Gordon in the end or something.

Back