Will Colonel Odessa Cubbage play a larger role in Aftermath?

Reaction score
He had such a small role yet he got his own player model and is listed as one of the most important characters. He was seen consorting with the G-Man and we saw him refusing to do battle himself.

For a guy who got like ten seconds of gametime in HL2, do you think he'll return in Aftermath? And will we learn more about him and the G-Man?

I believe that they put Cubbage as a unique model because he had an important part in the earlier build. Since it would be a shame to throw away a perfectly good model due to storyline changes, they just threw him in there as a guy who gives you the RPG. So I don't think we will see him again.

I doubt it, since he was just a random supporting/objective-giver/comic relief NPC. But hey, who knows? Maybe we'll be rescued at the last moment by Cubbage flying a Spitfire, shouting "Tally-ho!"

I hope not, he was such a coward like, "come in lighthouse point....try again...Hello lighthouse point.....not there lets try again until freeman has killed that thing, I'm waaay to scared to try to help him"

I'm goin with French Ninja's idea.
But it wouldn't hurt to see him again in aftermath, unless all he does is cower in a basement while you're out fighting...

Ninja's correct. He was originaly an important character in the Boreals, when that was cut he was given a new name, new clothes and a new job.

i didnt really like cubbage that much. he's just a secondary character that you could do with or without. i wouldnt care if we never see him again.

He was one of the cooler rebel characters.I hope they bring him back.:)

I really didn't like him that much, he seemed like too much of a coward. But that would make it all the more cooler if he did blast his way through City 17 with a squad in Aftermath, to go completely against what he seemed like HL2.
Question: Why does Colonel Cubbage have a jacket that says "SECURITY" on the back but with medals on the front?

AJ Rimmer said:
Question: Why does Colonel Cubbage have a jacket that says "SECURITY" on the back but with medals on the front?

LOL! He's so cheap in' he?
Cheap cheap cheap ass .
I dont think we'll see any of him anymore coz e was a very dumb character. Not unless Aftermath is still into hearty reunions of old coleagues, like gd ol HL2:cheers:

Is it just me or does he remind anyone else of Otis? Fat-cowardly-former-security.

Odessa was seen talking with the G-Man so I thik he knows more than others and that he plays an important role in the HL universe.

DoctorWeeTodd said:
Odessa was seen talking with the G-Man so I thik he knows more than others and that he plays an important role in the HL universe.
Maybe he will come back. Probley as a coward, but not cowardly enough to tell the player about the G-Man, then gets shot in the head.
IE like that Barney Clone in HL when he tells you to not do something and gets "silenced" by 1 of the Assasians.

(IMO, they need to bring those Black Op Assasians back, to probley kill Gordon before he learns too much about the secrets behind the G-Man)

Considering that Odessa Cubbage was many, many kilometers away from City 17 when we first met him, there really wouldn't be much of a reason for him to travel to City 17 in Aftermath (especially if the Citadel is going into meltdown).

His cowardice would make for some interesting dialogue with the other characters, so I wouldn't mind it if he made a future return. I just don't see how his being in City 17 during Aftermath would be believable.

A True Canadian said:
Considering that Odessa Cubbage was many, many kilometers away from City 17 when we first met him, there really wouldn't be much of a reason for him to travel to City 17 in Aftermath
Well, he had a week to go there to join in with the rebelion.

We believe G-Man being Gordon, and that we can return to nuked Black Mesa, but we don't believe that an ol' jolly good man can't make it to City 17 from N.L.O in a week? Preposterous! :p

ríomhaire said:
Well, he had a week to go there to join in with the rebelion.
Right, plus with Nova Prospekt out, there would be little use to guard the coast.

iMMuNiTy said:
We believe G-Man being Gordon, and that we can return to nuked Black Mesa, but we don't believe that an ol' jolly good man can't make it to City 17 from N.L.O in a week? Preposterous! :p

Whats N.L.O?

Mr.Magnetichead said:
Yeah and who in their right mind believes Gordon is GMan?

No one thats who.

i find this funny. you quoted me, but wrote nothing relevant to the quotation. :bounce:

bat_lyubo said:
i find this funny. you quoted me, but wrote nothing relevant to the quotation. :bounce:
NLO = New Little Odessa

Mr.Magnetichead said:
Yeah and who in their right mind believes Gordon is GMan?

No one thats who.
I see you don't read G-Man theory threads! ;)

Doubtful.

Unless, however, on your escape from the city or whatever, you encounter a large group of rebels with Cubbage as the leader.

Grimfox said:
I like that part of the game. Not because there's a fight with a Gunship but, if you notice, there's some ass sitting on a fold out chair, high as possible and he gets OWNED in the first few seconds of the gunship battle, I laugh so friggin hard there. I mean cmon', who the hell would volunteer to climb up onto a platform with a friggin foldout chair and an inaccurate MP5K just to get raped by a combine gunship, it's awesome I LOVE IT.

There was an MP5K?

He meaneth the Mp7.

I don't see what's so implausable about Cubbage returning. I mean, he's a great character (ridiculous, irritating, great) and I'm expected Valve to bring back most of the HL2 characters for Aftermath. Considering how short Cubbage's part is, I wouldn't be surprised to see him returning even if it is just on a radio or monitor.

Immunity and MrMagnetichead said:
bitch, bitch

STFU!
stab.gif
:p

Grimfox said:
I like that part of the game. Not because there's a fight with a Gunship but, if you notice, there's some ass sitting on a fold out chair, high as possible and he gets OWNED in the first few seconds of the gunship battle, I laugh so friggin hard there. I mean cmon', who the hell would volunteer to climb up onto a platform with a friggin foldout chair and an inaccurate MP5K just to get raped by a combine gunship, it's awesome I LOVE IT.
He was a lookout, they gotta know when enimeies are coming.

Boogymanx said:
I hope we see more of Father Grigori!

no one knows if he dead or alive if he is alive then im sure he will come down in a car and run over some zombies and gives u a cookie for picking ur nose with a shotgun

Cubbage in a Spitfire FTW!!!
I think in aftermath he procures a lancaster Bomber and drops a few ten-ton bombs on the combine:D

People calling him a coward... the poor chap is about 60 years old...:D

jonesey2k said:
Cubbage in a Spitfire FTW!!!
I think in aftermath he procures a lancaster Bomber and drops a few ten-ton bombs on the combine:D

People calling him a coward... the poor chap is about 60 years old...:D

So is Hannibal Lecter.;)

But now that you mentioned the plane he reminds me of that chicken that was used for aerial testing by the RAF in Chicken Run. I like those old veterans recalling their youth.

Back