Will guns be able to jam in water?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalconNinja

Reaction score
::Topic::And when you get out of the water the gun wont work anymore is there information about this?.

I'm sure you'll be going into the water somewhat in Half-Life 2 and I think it would be pretty stupid if Valve made it so the guns don't work anymore everytime you go in and out of the water. It's probably the same way it was in Half-Life.

So only the pistol and a crossbow type gun will work...:cheese:

Originally posted by FalconNinja
::Topic::And when you get out of the water the gun wont work anymore is there information about this?.
Are you sure?.Because if you were going to put a gun in water and came out of the water the gun would lock up?.I think so the only gun that doesent lock up is the glock.

You make really silly threads. I think you should lurk more.

Never seen that before, maybe he has a split personality:cheese:

Originally posted by Animal
Never seen that before, maybe he has a split personality:cheese:

What are you talking about idiot, are you sure of this...:afro:

I think He meant if you carried a gun into the water and got out... whether or not you tried to fire the gun or not... would it be jammed when you got out...

I doubt that is the case though. I'm sure many of the guns won't work under water anyways... with the exception of a handgun thats able to work under the water and a cross bow like gun like from the first game.

Originally posted by GLMinorThreat
Wouldn't a glock work in the water? Not to sure about that...

If I recall correctly, they do.

Originally posted by GLMinorThreat
I think He meant if you carried a gun into the water and got out... whether or not you tried to fire the gun or not... would it be jammed when you got out...

I doubt that is the case though. I'm sure many of the guns won't work under water anyways... with the exception of a handgun thats able to work under the water and a cross bow like gun like from the first game.

Ok, then the answer is no. 95% of people don't understand what water does to guns and will just think it's some retarded bug.

Yeah, glocks do work underwater, shame you don't have one in HL2.

Originally posted by Animal
Yeah, glocks do work underwater, shame you don't have one in HL2.

The main pistol is a glock isnt it?

edit: Ohh, HL2, not 1 :afro:

this is ****ing stupid, it will work the same way as in half life 1, stop starting dumb threads like this you already knew he ****ing answer

Originally posted by Wraith
this is ****ing stupid, it will work the same way as in half life 1, stop starting dumb threads like this you already knew he ****ing answer
Wraith if you have a problem with any of the threads I make then get the hell out of them instead of making comments because I dont want to hear your stupid remarks.See I know what your thinking your thinking that you have more posts then me doesent determine anything because I have lost posts, so if you dont like them get out!.

I think it will be like Half-Life 1. However, if they were gonna be realistic, any gun should shoot under water unless water gets into the shell.

If you dunk a gun in water, chances are it will still work out of water.
I bet it will be like hl1, under water they dont work, as soon as you come back out they are fine.

Originally posted by Reaper978
no.
Yes, but it would jam every other shot, and u would have to pull the slide/bolt back between every shot.

Hey, Snowball!! I like your sig, but a washing machine wouldn't set off a nuclear bomb. You would actually need a trigger mechanism to set off a nuke. I could take a nuke and beat it with a baseball bat and it still wouldn't blow the f*ck out of me......

I'm going to shut up now.

www.redvsblue.com

Blood Gulch Chronicles...

you guys must not know that much about guns....guns dont fire under water unless they are certain specialized guns. Glocks, well, only 1 model of glocks fire underwater and i dont know which on that is. However most guns will work if they get wet.

For instance, you could piss on an AK-47 and through it in the sand and it will still work but, it dosnt shoot underwater.

Originally posted by FalconNinja

This is where realism kills playability...This game is not being made for military and firearms enthusiests who want there guns to Jam realistically.

I cant speak for Valve but, I think its safe to say..NO, guns will not jam underwater....wait for CS.

Cs is just as unrealistic as HL.

thats right, cs is as unrealistic as a a game that has aliens. aliens...aliens.....

Re: Re: Will guns be able to jam in water?.

Originally posted by Parasite
This is where realism kills playability...This game is not being made for military and firearms enthusiests who want there guns to Jam realistically.

I cant speak for Valve but, I think its safe to say..NO, guns will not jam underwater....wait for CS.

you are an idiot if you think CS is realistic in any way

....im sorry but if i shoot you in the chest with a glock your not gonna run around smiling at me calling me a n00b.

It worked that way in HL1 ..so why not HL2?

Has nothing to do with realism.....i think its just ****ing stupid if every gun worked underwater....it wouldnt feel right.

any game that allows you to walk while looking through a scope and firing dead on is not realistic. Bunny hopping is whored in cs as well, how high could you jump with a bunch of ammo on your back?

Originally posted by Reaper978
any game that allows you to walk while looking through a scope and firing dead on is not realistic. Bunny hopping is whored in cs as well, how high could you jump with a bunch of ammo on your back?

That and if a HE grenade explodes in your face......your not gonna be getting up any time soon.

the guns didn't jam underwater dude, they just blow up in your face if you don't have an underwater kit, which to my knowledge are only available for a glock 17

Gameplay wise it would be really gay for all your guns to lock up when you got out of the water. They aren't trying to make a life simulator. They are making a great game.

So no, the answer is no.

Originally posted by P Meister Flex
the guns didn't jam underwater dude, they just blow up in your face if you don't have an underwater kit, which to my knowledge are only available for a glock 17

What?

Most guns today will work underwater or after getting out of it. If I recall correctly, some guns even worked in the water back in World War 2 and the Vietnam. Well I take that back, they had to be water resistent, not that Im saying all of them was, but if they wasnt then the soldier would most likely end up getting killed. The first version of the M16 had problems when getting in the water, because it used ball powder and ball powder was very fragile to moisture.

no, because they don't have the oxygen needed to have combustion in the barrel when submerged, it woud then blow up in your face. seen it happen to my friends glock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back