Will the new MOHAA Pacific just ba another scriptet arcade?

I thought the beach landing was pretty average in parts.

Dux said:
I thought the beach landing was pretty average in parts.

in retrospect it is. ..but when I first played it, there was nothing to compare it to

check out this from a developer interview:

"The Tarawa level was challenging to create for many reasons. First off, it's one of our largest maps. Because it's a beach assault, the player can see for great distances. A huge number of men stormed the beach that day, and we wanted to convey the scale of the attack by having more than 500 soldiers on-screen at any given moment."

that's insane!!! man this game looks better all the time

here's the link to the developer diary

CptStern said:
it's out friday

If it is, I'll download it and let my friend play it. He's really into military combat and he would like the missions. I'm going to let him play CoD, he'd love that too. He adores old wars. :rolling:

If it comes out friday that would be cool, something to tide over the last days till Doom3

it will probably be crap...
and the ai...yeah...if the player is within 30 feet they do a bonzai charge
Dax said:
MOHPA (lol, "Moo-pa!")
nononono...MOH..Moe..Mo'.. PA..Pah..Pie

mo' Pie!

i dont care if it will be crap, as long as its got good graphics to keep me playing to for 3 days at most

i've got no respect for EA. They've got some crap factory that just churns out crappy buggy title after crappy buggy title on some stupid assembly line. Its people who have no standards for games or parents who buy a game for their kids and think the game looks good cause its got a neat picture on the cover.

if you dont like the MOH titles then do what i do, dont play them. However MOH PA looks all preatty:)

Ok, I'm not quite sure what to think of the following news it seems kinda strange...
http://www.pcgames.de/?article_id=328020

They say that some guys from EA were at their office and confirmed that the demo will be out THIS evening.
It is also said that the demo will be around 2GB in size! :eek:

PC Games is the biggest German games magazine, but it still sounds weird.
So don't get your hopes up... we'll see. ;)

Yeah it's all really strange...
The people from EA visited the PC Games office today.

There seems to be some kind of misunderstanding. :hmph:
A 2GB demo, I mean WTF?!

RECOMMENDED CONFIGURATION

Windows XP
2.0+ GHz Intel Pentium IV or AMD Athlon processor
512 MB RAM
ATI or Nvidia card with 128+ MB video memory

Damn, all that for the game? They sure didn't spend any time cleaning up the game before release.....

did you watch the videos? they look like they need a decent rig to run at high settings

Actually I havent seena ny videos of it yet. Im going to downlaod one and check it out

kungfucheez said:
Actually I havent seena ny videos of it yet. Im going to downlaod one and check it out

the lighting effects are awesome, cant wait to play this game

Pacific Assault looks amazing, shame on people puttting it down just because it's an EA game. It can still be an amazing game.

yeah, i just saw a nice tech video from it, looks like EA is putting alot of work into this title

also i just saw another video, and it looks like they will be using the Havok engine, so they will incorpate ragdoll physics into this game which is preatty cool

Back