Will you be deleting the Binks once HL2 is released?

Dr.breen

Reaction score
I will be, as I have 4 Gb of HL2 related stuff (binks, screens, movies, screensaver etc)

And it will feel good to get rid of that and get a bit of closure.

I probably will because I need the space. I'm going to miss them though.

If I need the space, yes.

If not, then you might as well keep them.

Thinking about, once HL2 goes gold (really this time), I'll delete the binks and avoid anymore piccys or information threads till I have the game in my hands.

That way the game will be slightly fresh! :)

I deleted them a long time ago.

and in actual fact i just deleted over 14 gigs of HL material and mods plus the Hl2 preload.

got me some more room for RTW/codename panzers/dawn of war

and HL2 if it goes gold sometime this year :sleep:

Yeah, but maybe I'll burn them. Just as a reminder of how much anticipation I had.

I deleted them right after I viewed them.

i've only seen the traptown vid, and it isn't even on my hard drive any more.. oddly enough, it hasn't been too difficult to do a media blackout on this one.

I've still got ALL of them in one neat little folder on my desktop.

No doubt, I will delete them after the HL-2 is installed and ready to play on my rig.

I will most likely store them on my slave along with all the other interesting junk I have that I don't want on my master sucking up all the space.

I would like to find some way to burn them to DVDs or VCDs, so I can watch them later on in life...

Yeah, I'm going to because I need the space...I'm sure going to miss them..:(

pfffffffft over 500 Gigs of storage space....be lucky if I can remember where they are.... :)

It's funny to think about it. Those 500 or so gigs will be nothing in a few years. Think of how far we've come in a decade.
Petabytes.

nw909 said:
I already deleted all my hl2 movies.

Same here. And even if I do get Half-life 2, (assumming I have enough hard disk space left) what's the point of keeping them if I can actually "play them" so to speak.

i have most of the binks on a CD which came with CZ so no worries there for me :)
i think there will be an extra "binks" CD with HL2 at the time of release like how it was with CZ and we will get the remaining binks that way :)

ive had them around since the first vidoes were released. ill just burn them to a cd so i can watch them once we start getting HL3 media. ill want to compare the level of excitement they gave me, plus compare the scenes before and after release, see what they did to the levels.

i will definately delete all my binks. they take up too much space and i need space for the sdk and all my mods that i wanna work on. :)

I will delete the binks. Then, hopefully, do some interesting demo movies of my l33t hl2 skillz. :-/

:cheers: Hell yes I will. I need the damn space!

Of course I will! I need the space for pr0n! :naughty:

I have a folder called "HL2 Media." AFAIK, it has every single piece of HL2 media ever released (save most user "shakey cam" pics, except for a select few).. the size of my folder? According to the properties, 5.62 GB (6,043,664,384 bytes).. lol, I'll definitely be getting rid of it once HL2 releases

i dont need to delete them cuz my hard drive is big (i havent even used 1/4 of it)
but i will anyway

I have a quarter of a terabyte, and I have about 6 gigs collectively to spare, but I will be getting another quarter soon. So I don't know, most liekly though.

Heh...Family Guy.

Yeah, I've got two HDDs. 200 GBs all together...all the space I need.

Delete the vids? Probably not. I'll be sending them to people who refuse to buy the game. :smoking:

I'll keep my binks. Why, you ask? Well, movies like these might have some WIP-models or something like it, and it's always cool to see how things have changed. Take the G-man model in his "facial expression demo" and compare it to the "intro demo". It's not radically differrent, but the second definately have more detail than the first.

I'll buy a new harddrive before I delete that juicy stuff. Never!

I'm not deleting them, NEVER! I have loads, and HL related I have some of the rarest mods and files, oh yea. :)

I haven't even downloaded any BINKs yet... so I probably won't be deleting any any time soon.

No.

I still have all the Half Life 1 screenshots and videos too. Those things are rare now.

Gotta keep the faith and document history.

Back