Will you buy the strategy guide?

• Absolutely not!

Votes: 53 89.8%
  • Of course I will.

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • Only if I get stuck.

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters
Not a chance. I have not waited this long to read the plot from a book.

I don't care if I get stuck on one part for 3 days, I don't want to spoil the game with a strategy guide.

No.

ive never bought a strat guide.

my copy of C&C tiberian sun came with one and i never used it.

I'll probably buy that "Behind the Scenes" book, but not before I flip through it at Barnes & Noble to see if it's cashworthy. No strategy guide for me, though. Not only do I never use strategy guides, but if I were that desperate I'd get help for free at gamefaqs.com.

No, because there will be online one undoubtedly. But if it comes with the Special Edition, then whatever.

I remember when I bought a Diablo II strat guide... HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA - 95 % of the info was invalid after the 1st patch :)

no *shakes head* no

[Edit]: My friend bought the Diablo 2 strategy guide. Its amazing how much a 5 Mb patch can change a game.

I am going to play every part of that game on my own. I won't seek help from a strategy guide. If I am stuck for an extended period of time, I will get help from you guys.

mobA:

Is it just me or have you edited your orriginal post..... :p

I swear it said "I might buy it" originally :upstare:

marksmanHL2 :) said:
mobA:

Is it just me or have you edited your orriginal post..... :p

I swear it said "I might buy it" originally :upstare:
Yes, that is true, but I had a change of mind.

Wtf strategy guides are for bitches. besides why the hell would i BUY a strategy guide when theres millions of people all around the world willing to write one for free and post it up for everyone to see? www.gamefaqs.com

mobA said:
Yes, that is true, but I had a change of mind.

Heh, thats fair enough. I just wondered whether I was seeing things or not to be honest :rolling:

No........I am not going to.

My first time and my last time buying a SG was for Quake3 for the reason to learn new skills..............I will not waste £12 on papers again.

Strat guides are next to usless unless they are for strategy games because then they list all the particular numbers that are important to strategy players. Strat guides for FPS games are only filled with info that is exceedingly obvious. you can easily learn all the info there is to learn in most FPS games by A. reading the manual and B. Playing for an hour or 2

loofy said:
I remember when I bought a Diablo II strat guide... HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA - 95 % of the info was invalid after the 1st patch :)

Yeah, actually the whole thing sucked very well...

I won't get the strategy guide, although I might buy the mod-makers guide since I've got no knowledge of how to mod, but have a few ideas ;)

Only strategy guides i have were the ones that came with my D2 and SC battlechests, and i only used the D2 one to look um skills and stuff like that.

Strategy guides are a waste of money. You can find the same information for free on the internet within days of a game's release.

i might buy it just to have something to read while taking a dump. my free supply of gamepros is running low.

Back