Will you go through an emotional moment when you get HL2?

Captain M4d said:
Through all the stuff we have been through, I think I might go through a little one. I'll make quite a scene in Gamestop.

No. It's still only a game.

lol guys its a game, not like just learning you've been diagnosed with terminal cancer.

although i will probably be excited like i usually am with games i've been looking forward to...

when i was 15 i got REALLY excited when tiberian sun came out and i was estatic driving home with it but now its more like "oh cool i got a new game to play for a while"

Even doom3 i was excited by not estatic.

l337vegeta said:
I'll be playing within 10 seconds of it coming out. ATI Voucher w00t!
prolly pick up the collector's edition sometime later though
me to if hl:s isnt included with the coupon version...

I've never waited a game as much as Half-Life 2, in fact I've never followed any game before. But it's still just a game. I'll be happy when I finally get it, but it's not the biggest emotional thing in my life. Well maybe a bit... I'll just crap my pants and probably have a heart attack/cry/choke/vomit/kill someone, just the casual things everyone does

Seppo said:
I've never waited a game as much as Half-Life 2, in fact I've never followed any game before. But it's still just a game. I'll be happy when I finally get it, but it's not the biggest emotional thing in my life. Well maybe a bit... I'll just crap my pants and probably have a heart attack/cry/choke/vomit/kill someone, just the casual things everyone does

The closest I've come to actively waiting for a game (as opposed to just saying "oh, that'll be good when it comes out") is Tiberian Sun. But other than that, this is the only time I've really followed a game.

I think Half-Life 2 has been interesting to follow. There's been a lot of drama over the last 18 months.

i am already crying just thinking about the moment wen it arives in the mail! *sob* :(

Last nite i told my wife as we whent to bed, sh1t HL2 is coming sooooon, im so so happy, she looked at me, "hm, guess i want see you 4 a month, cause ull have ur head stuck in the monitor", i looked at her saying "baby cmon, u know i can administer my needs" (thinking haha A MONTH, jesus baby in what world do u live in). :borg:

Guess we r going to have A LOT of emotinal momments with HL2, i can already her rolling around in the bed while i frag happy as hell :cheers:

Feath said:
I think Half-Life 2 has been interesting to follow. There's been a lot of drama over the last 18 months.

Too much drama even...

I've never seen a game have such a hard time in developement, it's unbelievable, what a display of amateurism we've been treated to in the past year and a half. However I think Valve have learned a valuable lesson in all of this.

Well I'm bound to have some sort of emotional moment when the copy is finally in my hands.

Maybe some sort of flashback to last year and everything that's happened. The good things, the bad things.

A tiny amount of fear that this is it, the wait is over, the surprise will finally be revealed.

And afterwards hopefully the thought: so this was the game we've all been waiting for, it sure was worth the wait, or: that was the first and last time I let a videogame influence my thoughts for such a long time, dammit.

Pff.. I really don't know anymore. I just want the game real bad, it's starting to get to my nerves. No, really.

I would be so happy :D:D

But it would REALLY suck if it didnt work. :(

lol @ Merc! I'll probably be the same I'll be waiting outside the store before it opens licking the windows and crying! hopefully they wont call the police before I have a chance to buy the game!

frances_farmer said:
guys please, this is a game we're talking about, who the hell cries over a game?
If it's a sad story you might cry. But I don't reckon that HL will be that much of an emotional game.
I've shed a few tears when watching movies and series though.

I will heave a great sigh of relief that the wait is finally over, play the game without a break until completion and start to live a normal life again.

Until Elite 4 and HalfLife 3 are out.

As my entire life isn't devoted to HL2, I'll be excited when it comes out, but that's all. I bet quite a few people on these forum will spontaneouly ejaculate, however.

if I have the money i would hired a playboy to come to my home and sit next to me naked the moment i play Hl2, then she could give me a b******. Now that would be cool!

My already planned moment: I go to store, I buy it like I would an average game, I arrive at home. Then, I will rise my hands with a HL2 box between them. I will hold it in the air for a couple of minutes, finally saying the words: "It is done".

Then I'll play...

Feath said:

"alot of drama" ??
oooh boy!
is that a huge under-statement :p

edit:

CB | Para said:
Too much drama even...

I've never seen a game have such a hard time in developement, it's unbelievable, what a display of amateurism we've been treated to in the past year and a half.

u sure Para?
u sure Valve and HL2 surpass the hard times of DNF and its developer? :E

I'll just play it. Why on earth would I be emotional about playing a computer game?

Some of you lot need to get serious about life, it's only a game...afterall.

Absolutly! Who on these forums wouldn't? Oh ya. I had a dream 2 nights ago that HL2 came on PS2 first....it was bad because the PS2 couldn't handle it..it was choppy and it was hard to control...me hope the XBOX version is not like that.

For those of you who keep posting "ugg how can you get emotional over a game!"

Guys this thread is only a bit of fun, calm down! :)

I'm going to cut my penis off and send it to Gabe, as a sacrifice.

[daniom] said:
if I have the money i would hired a playboy to come to my home and sit next to me naked the moment i play Hl2

notice how ommission of the word "model" in the above phrase completely changes it's meaning :E

Captain M4d said:
Through all the stuff we have been through, I think I might go through a little one. I'll make quite a scene in Gamestop.

I think I'll feel empty and naked once I get it. Because after that, I've nothing else to look forward to.

I can't wait for the moment when I play and first see that crowbar laying on the ground. Then, the sh1t will hit the fan and I'll be emersed. My wife will be pissed but she'll have to get over it.

"There waiting for you Freeman, in the test chamber!"

No really.. I will problaby complete Halflife: Source before starting on Half-life 2. And Damn I am going to play it loud :)

They should release HL: Source now and a few more CS: Source maps ... while the waiting..

Before it comes out (1 day prior to release I will probably defrag my harddrives, scan disk them (in whatever order) , virus check them.
Have a good nights sleep (not even thinking about HL2, or try too anyway)
Then I'll wake up and it will be like Christmas morning all over again!
Possibly a huge sigh of relief that I have the blasted thing on my PC. (Via steam of course :naughty: )

Santa=Valve
Satan=VUG

[daniom] said:
No really.. I will problaby complete Halflife: Source before starting on Half-life 2. And Damn I am going to play it loud :)

They should release HL: Source now and a few more CS: Source maps ... while the waiting..

Yeah that would be really cool, maybe if they had a pre-order on steam that you got HL:Source whenever you pre-order! That way, you could play completely through the original in Source before you get HL2 :cheers:

Back