Win 2k or XP for HL2?

Reaction score
Hey all I made several searches and didn't find any threads with this subject...

For the sole purpose of playing HL2 what do you guys think is the best OS, 2k or XP?

I myself are running Windows 2000 because I thought XP messed up too easily. :dozey:

PS: Dont flame if I make some spelling or gramma mistakes because this is not my main language (I am danish), and its very late I'm about to go to bed :cheers: :afro: :naughty:

Originally posted by _-_-SELAS-_-_
PS: Dont flame if I make some spelling or gramma mistakes because this is not my main language (I am danish)

Don't worry. Your grammar and sentence structure is more coherent than most of the responses on here.

XP pro

The only OS that has a ctrl+alt+del function that works...

Feel free to argument why you are going to use that OS personally I think XP will be a little better, because it usually is, but not much as far as I have understood. But hey Im the guy asking the question u guys are supposed to answer =D

What's up, nietzsche? :) Haven't seen you in a while.

Anyway... I be using XP Pro SP1.

2000 and xp should run similiar....in the benchmarks 2000 won some test and xp won in other test.

Win2000. Only way to go.

"XP pro

The only OS that has a ctrl+alt+del function that works..."

Win2k and XP both have pretty the same ctrl+alt+del function.

I think 2000 and XP will play HL2 equally. I'll stick with 2000 though because I like it more for general use.

FS get on IRC so I can slap u with a HUGE wet ugly fish... =P :cheese:

Haha ok then
Windows 3.1, and thats my final answer ;)

Yea ctrl+alt+del have always worked fine for me under 2k didnt notice any problems with that feature under XP pro eighter though.. 98 was fugly at that though...

Originally posted by CordlessPen
Yeah, I was talking about XP in general.
I admit it wasn't clear at all...

yep, I cant believe how sad the other CED taskbars were :x

Originally posted by Bass
Haha ok then
Windows 3.1, and thats my final answer ;)
:eek:

Happy riddens getting over all the funny bugs and other problems you will run into lol :bounce: :E

I'm definitely gonna play on my beta version of Longhorn :dozey:

XP is the ultimate OS, the rest suck except SE98 that was good,
Ive had XP since it came out (old PC), ive had around 20 errors and 2 - 3 seriouse "fall down go boom" errors.
(New PC) no errors, never formatted and i mod every game i have.
and ive had my pc for 10 months.
XP Home am teh WiNNAH! :D
XP Pro sucks. :p

win 3.1 was like poop painted funny colors...

i think or just dos with pretty pictures

:eek:

Happy riddens getting over all the funny bugs and other problems you will run into lol :bounce: :E

I lied, im gonna run this on my toaster

Re: Re: Win 2k or XP for HL2?

Originally posted by spitcodfry
Don't worry. Your grammar and sentence structure is more coherent than most of the responses on here.

Thanks m8

Any thought about the topic in question? :cool:

Originally posted by Gordon'sFreeman
XP is the ultimate OS, the rest suck except SE98 that was good,
Ive had XP since it came out (old PC), ive had around 20 errors and 2 - 3 seriouse "fall down go boom" errors.
(New PC) no errors, never formatted and i mod every game i have.
and ive had my pc for 10 months.
XP Home am teh WiNNAH! :D
XP Pro sucks. :p

LATEST UNIX AND OSX!!! THEY ARE TEH PWN

is it me or is xp pro and home the same thing amost? how is one better than the other?

XP home is missing a few things like multi-processor support and it has a limit to the number of concurrent socket connections IIRC.

2000 is probably the best OS Microsoft has ever made, but it wasn't intended for gaming. It's probably faster, since it has less junk in it, but it's driver support is not necessarily the top priority for gamers and game makers.

Win XP is supposedly the best for games. You can have priority for applications and the OS handles heavy-duty apps easier. 2000, though, is also good for games, it was the best until XP (avoid all else).

Im using XP Pro, and would NEVER go back. I use it only because its the updated 2K kernal, and its the most stable thing i've ever seen. I think XP Home thouh is like.....XP 1.5 or Win 2000 +.5

Xp Pro works better than 2K on most computer configurations, it's a fact. Besides Longhorn is coming soon so you really should start thinking about switching.

Well isn't Longhorn coming Summer 2004 or something now?

Back