Windows Vista just got leaked lolrofllmao !

So normal programs work fine for Vista? What about anti-virus? have you tried any?

Sucks that they squeeze out all the other AV companies from making a better product... i'd like to stick with NOD32.

So normal programs work fine for Vista? What about anti-virus? have you tried any?
Most programs should work under Vista.
Games from Diablo 1 to Need for Speed: MW worked perfectly on Vista Beta 2, so that was a long ass time ago.
My homebrew applications work fine under Vista, and most applications should work perfect under vista.

Anti-Virus programs may not....most of them have to keep in contact with the Kernal and that is much more different than XP's. Microsoft has also been keeping the Kernal under wraps and has only slightly let players like Norton and Mcafee in.

No, You Download it
Its not Free tho..they give you 30 Days Trail.
Yeah, I was just wondering if the files were included with Vista to save users downloading or whatever.

I've been using it for awhile now (Being in the beta forever) and I'll continue using it on Vista too.

Yeah, I was just wondering if the files were included with Vista to save users downloading or whatever.

I've been using it for awhile now (Being in the beta forever) and I'll continue using it on Vista too.

so are you happy with Vista?

Im really curious about it.

I will have the final version in a day or 2 but I've been using RC2 as my primary PC for awhile.

I'm sick of XP, just everything about it, especially after having used OSX and various Linux distributions soo much and I almost switched over completely from Windows but Vista has brought me back.

I could go into a lot of detail but I'll reserve that for when I have the final build, but it's basically XP just everything is 100x better and it has many, many, many new things.

I've never looked forward to a Windows release though there have been a few major releases, like going from 3.1 to 95, which were good and going from XP to Vista is similar.

how can I make it so I can turn my windows in a certain angle and stuff like Digi does.

Digi send me the link to the torrent please! via PM!

go spend $259 then.

eventually I will get it soon after it's realease but for Im just taking a look at it.

hehe..thx again Digi,I even managed to activate it, so now I dony have to worry about the silly 30 day limit :)

thx again :D

I was on the beta team for a Microsoft game, and before it even hit the shelves, the leaked version was available on torrent sites...like only 2 days after the beta testers got the RTM version.

Which game was that ? I've been doing a heap of theirs like Zoo Tycoon and that and I can't really remember any being leaked.

Ænema, nice. Also, do you like how it looks and all the other new stuff ?

Sucks that they squeeze out all the other AV companies from making a better product... i'd like to stick with NOD32.
I just saw this post, what the heck are you talking about ?

I just saw this post, what the heck are you talking about ?
Microsoft are trying to keep the Kernal very secure so they arn't releasing specs on it. Some Anti-Spyware\Virus programs need to hook into the Kernal to intercept spyware\virus vulnerabilites. Microsoft has only slightly let them into the kernal.
Microsoft sees this as: Kernal specs unreleased, harder to find vulernabilites.
Anti Virus\Spyware Sees this as: Can't make programs, no $$, yell out that hackers will find Vulnerabilites anyway and how insecure Vista is.

I assumed that's what he was trying to say but he made it sound as if MS has suddenly stopped anti-virus software from working.

Besides Symantec there's only being 1 or 2 other companies that have complained but said companies have horrible products anyway and people who create much better ones have openly said that PatchGuard is not limiting and many companies have had betas out since before Beta 2.

I havent really looked into installing vista yet... but i will tonight... ive got an athlon 64 3400... should I go with the 64-bit version, or should i stick with the 32-bit for now?

I havent really looked into installing vista yet... but i will tonight... ive got an athlon 64 3400... should I go with the 64-bit version, or should i stick with the 32-bit for now?

Why would you even ask that? 64-bit will actually use your processor as it should be used.

Stick with the 32bit version for now, it'll be easier on ram(32bit memory addresses are smaller than 64bit memory addresses). You don't really need the 64bit version yet.

Why would you even ask that? 64-bit will actually use your processor as it should be used.

Just that i thought i heard some things about the 64-bit version actually being a little more buggy than the 32-bit version.

Just that i thought i heard some things about the 64-bit version actually being a little more buggy than the 32-bit version.

From my understanding, it's because there are not many good 64 bit drivers yet. I would expect that to change as vista is released, but your mileage may vary.

Are none of you terrfied Microsoft are going to sue your asses?

I wouldn't pirate it, sounds like its a good OS.

From my understanding, it's because there are not many good 64 bit drivers yet. I would expect that to change as vista is released, but your mileage may vary.
Also all drivers in the 64bit version have to be digitally signed to.

I got the leak :). At least until my work gets the business edition from Microsoft so I'll be legit by the end of this month.

Pfft torrents just get the MSDN release ^_^ Running great so far (Direct download = win). Theres also an activation hack running around that uses the old RC 1 or 2 files to allow activation to run with your RC1/2 key.

As for AV software. AVAST kgo.

You may find a iso patch around the many internets to patch the Bill Gates version to the MSDN version too, which will allow you to install/upgrade from within windows if you so choose.

Back