[WIP] Hudson AK-47

Samio

Reaction score
I tried to model the rearsight as accurate as I could. Tell me what you all think.

And oh yeah, I got the poly count down to 1563 BEFORE putting the rear sight on. I'll give a final polycount after I finish the model.

hudsonak2.jpg

Samio said:
I'm not finished this yet but I can't get any good angles of a certain part. In the pic of the real gun I've circled that part. If anyone can find some good shots there I'd really appreciate it.

So far polycount is 1982.

ak-47.jpg

Here's a picture I've had of the rear iron sight on the airsoft AK47, the shape of the real one should be exactly the same.

Is that in 3dsmax? How do you get renders to look like that, is that radiosity? Can you post the settings or a tutorial to it?

I made a plane, sat th models on the plane, made a skylight, then while the skyight is selected go to the mofire tab and check "cast chadows",

For some reason I couldn't edit my first post but I'll just post the update as a reply.

Tell me what you guys think.

hudsonak4.jpg

Looks great now. Just one thing... The front iron sight is supposed to be just a half circle, it doesn't go around as much as that. (You did include the aiming pin in the front iron sight, right?)

Yea, I kind of noticed how the front sight curved too much, and yea I did include the aiming pin in the front. I should have put a better rendering angle.

Here is the last update, I think the model is final now, I've added the muzzle brake.

muzzlebrake.jpg

Back