[WIP] Scar L-1

Some0ne

Reaction score
i dont make many models these days but here's a WIP of my SCAR, its an assault rifle.

this is a high poly version with no real structure. but i will probably redo it with a low poly version which will look almost the same(its just the way i model that i can easily have 1000s of uneeded polys) and attempt to use it in CSS.

it still needs a lot of work and is currently un-skinned apart from in a couple of renders iv put a temp photoskin on it so you can see it properly.
the last pic is the reference image im using

Attachments

• preview0000.jpg
    preview0000.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 358
OH GOOOOOD that gun is just too UGLY!!

...regarding the model, try to avoid photo-skins ;)

Recoil said:
...regarding the model, try to avoid photo-skins ;)

yeah i know, i would never leave it on a finished model. its just i thought it was hard to make the model out without it.

It's not bad. Pretty good. The magazine is to boxy, use the chamfer tools on the edges around it and for the edges a little above the magazine on the gun. It would definitly look alot better if you add some of the side details, like buttons switches and stuff.

ye samio i am planning to do all that. its still a WIP and i havent even completed the body, nevermind added detail.

i will post updates when i find time to do them

Sorry, I forgot this was still a W.I.P. In that case it looks great so far.

i found some time to do a bit more work on the model. iv just added some more stuff and done a lil editin to the previous.

the render's not the best. it doesnt come out well, but its actually turning into a decent model.

Attachments

• scar.jpg
    scar.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 271
  • scar-tempskin.jpg
    scar-tempskin.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 255
its not 100% finished but that's it basically done.
im not going to be putting it in game because i would have to do my own animations and i cant be bothered with that.

scar2.jpg

Make it prop dynamic, you'll find it nice to see something you modeled in a game, even if you can't use it directly. Some areas could have been optimised if it would have been for a MOD but it won't so, good job! :) I hope you're gonna skin it.

Back