Worldwide Release Date... Heh heh heh.

Wesisapie

Reaction score
If halflife 2 is going to be released worldwide on the 30th, that means Australians and New Zealanders will get it first! Suck on that guys, have fun being 10+ hours behind us!

Wait wait.....Doesn't the United States get it before New Zealand and Australia?

actually, im cutting off communications with this board starting when the first few people get the game

until I get it that is

Originally posted by alb1221
actually, im cutting off communications with this board starting when the first few people get the game

until I get it that is

Yep, same here... I can just see me poking my nose into some thread with spoilers... I'll come back when I beat single player.

I'm sure that the american publishing company will ship the game 10 hours before the 30th.

No I'm pretty sure gabe said it would be a worldwide release, and seeing as though Australia is near to the most +hours place in the world, we will get it first. :)

nah, Australia will prolly get it in December because some arabs would hi-jack the boat and play HL2 for them selves :(

No, the "worldwide" realease is one Steam. If you have a credit card and internet acces, you cna play HL2 as soon as it's released. If you ant a boxed verison, you'll have to wait.

Sept. 30 is the release day, usually, at EB Games, they say Sept.30, but it takes about 2 or 3 days for the game to get there.

No America gets it because were closer to the Greenwhich line in England.So that means we get it before you Aussies do!HAHAHAHAHA!!!

WORLD WIDE VIA STEAM!!! DONT WORRY!!

Ill be first because i live in CA about an hour from Valve (Box that is)

Originally posted by coolio2man
WORLD WIDE VIA STEAM!!! DONT WORRY!!

Ill be first because i live in CA about an hour from Valve (Box that is)
Does it matter how close you are to Valve? This thread is pretty pointless.

I do recall Gabe saying that he was aiming for a worldwide release, both via steam AND retail.
Being closer to greenwhich line has no bearing on it, all it means is that you're a day behind us, sucka.

Originally posted by SidewinderX143
No, the "worldwide" realease is one Steam. If you have a credit card and internet acces, you cna play HL2 as soon as it's released. If you ant a boxed verison, you'll have to wait.

yeah but it will take you 3 days to download it :p

poor 56kers muahahahahaha

so I get it right away AND i have a backup cd :cheers:

yes i a freakish fanboy but in my eyes its worth it

i tried "downloading as i play" with opposing force, and long story short, it sucks. it doesn't download anything until the instant you need it, by which time it's already too late, and then the game locks up for a few seconds, until the file (usually a sound file) has loaded.

stupid. i can stand there for hours and it won't download anything, but as soon as i move, it will lock up to load the footstep noise.

i am on broadband too, not 56k.

I am really hoping that there arent any fanboys waiting for HL2 outside my EB... I want to get a copy :(

Originally posted by Wesisapie
i tried "downloading as i play" with opposing force, and long story short, it sucks. it doesn't download anything until the instant you need it, by which time it's already too late, and then the game locks up for a few seconds, until the file (usually a sound file) has loaded.

stupid. i can stand there for hours and it won't download anything, but as soon as i move, it will lock up to load the footstep noise.
what they mean is that it's not a streaming download. you download the installation file or whatever, and it installs the game. then you can play it as smoothly as if you'd bought it from a store.

that would be good, but everyone keeps saying how it will be download while you play... i'm confused :(

Originally posted by SidewinderX143

You mean as in if you get it from Steam, you play it immediately download it at 12:01 AM worldwide? But I would rather wait like 8 or 9 more hours, sleep in, and get it the same morning at the EBX down the street from me lol.

i agree goombatommy, but my reasoning is i want to own and drool over the cd and the box and the manual.. like i did and still do for hl1

haha I used to work at Staples when HL 1 came out. I remember we got it the exact day it was supposed to come out (God if I knew the date lol), and I remember all my friends were like "whoa man! cool game!! Can I have it?" lol

you guys will be sleeping while we are making up the time.

I'm from NZ - we'll have HL2 2 hours before Australia PLUS we have the Bledisloe Cup muahahahha, ahhh. But seriously who cares - we're all gonna get the same amount of fun from it . Woohaayay HL2 :)

I love world wide releases, last one where we did really well was Warcraft 3 where i bought the game almost a full day before the americans which allowed me to get all the cool names on Battle.net

Anyway we deserve it as we get most console games 3-6 months behind :(

On the downside, we get the game "late".
On the upside, we don't live in Australia.
Sounds ok to me.

;)

well i work for a magazine and we get to play it in 2 weeks time :p (not the finished version but still its good enough :)

TheRook
:afro:

p.s. now how bitter are you?

Originally posted by TheRook
well i work for a magazine and we get to play it in 2 weeks time :p (not the finished version but still its good enough :)

TheRook
:afro:

p.s. now how bitter are you?

:flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :flame:

To The Rook: If you post ANY spoilers we will hunt you down like a dog and make you play Sims until the day you die!

Back