Would you have sex with someone who has an incurable sexual disease?

Raziaar

I Hate Custom Titles
Reaction score
I mean, if you knew they had it. Such a pet peeve of mine... I mean people with sexual disease aren't really to be discriminated against, but it's entirely reasonable if somebody who is not infected to avoid sexual contact(and yet retain friendship with) with these people.

I see these commercials about genital herpes, and every single one of them features a young couple doing all sorts of fun activities. Biking, canoing... all sorts of stuff that I guess adventurous people do.

But I wonder... would you be so adventurous as to knowingly have sexual relations with somebody who is infected with a STD that has no cure, such as herpes? These commercials always depict one person as having herpes, the other as not. Yet they are in a sexual relationship. The one partner doesn't want to give the other herpes, so he takes this drug to reduce his chance of outbreaks... yet the voice over in the commercials always detail that one can still transfer herpes... blah blah blah.

... :sleep:

Nothing against the person themselves... and I will still be friends with them, but I won't be jeopardizing my health by having sexual relations with somebody with aids or herpes or any other non curable sexual disease.

Why does TV try to make it seem like this is perfectly normal behavior?

Is TV stupid? <gasp>

Yeah see... that's pretty much what I thought. But commercials make it seem easy and even safe to have such relationships.

I mean for ****s sake man, you're protected by the pill... the ****ing herpes pill man, there's no risk!

If I loved somebody enough, and measures were taken to prevent spreading (condoms), probably yes.

Thankfully I detest the concept of love.

I prefer to keep my penis safe from little bitey things that want to eat it.

i was quiet and a little bit shy (unlike now), i had good friends (they still with me now) high school overall was great mostly because i missed a lot of classes.

I think you walked into the wrong thread, holmes.

Honestly, if I was truely and completely in love with them, and we had been together for years upon years with a successful and happy, loving, relationship, then yes.

Honestly, if I was truely and completely in love with them, and we had been together for years upon years with a successful and happy, loving, relationship, then yes.

Then how did she get herpes?

Owww poor zombieturtle ;(

Then how did she get herpes?

Owww poor zombieturtle ;(

past relationship I would assume we are talking here?

it would really have to be many many years before I did that, and the relationship would have to be perfect and strong. I'd still want them to take their treatment crap and I'd still obviously do all I can to protect myself.

theres a lot of circumstances of course before I would ever do anything so radical.

Yes, I would.

Women with AIDs, come on down. I'll do you. I'll do you all!

do-not-want-dog.jpg

These sorts of situations are obviously going to have to be decided on a very personal level. I wouldn't really hold judgment against who may love a person very very much, but who has the knowledge that most relationships(marriages in particular) lead to separations, and that love doesn't really necessarily last forever. It's a hard decision to go with love, and then potentially have to deal with the problem of acquiring and living with an infectious disease. One which could impact your future chances of love down the road.

Absolutely not.

Who in their right mind would?

If the infected person had to remain at a distance to avoid infection, then the quality of my relationship with that person would suffer.

Otherwise, it'd be just as I treat anyone else. No sex though.

depends on if the disease is contagious....

This. Also, based on the number of things I could do to limit infection, and the like.

I wouldn't do it just as a random fling thing (hell, any sort of STD is enough for me to make sure the little barrister doesn't get unleashed) - I'd have to be sure that this was the person I wanted to spend my life with.

-Angry Lawyer

oral doesnt spread stds .. unless my dick is oozing aids, right?

No chance, no sex is worth my health and knowing that they had an STD would be a major turn off and i would be fearful.I don't care about pills that reduces the chances cause they is still a chance and you only need to be unlucky once and your ****ed for the rest of your life

If I had an incurable fatal disease, yeah why not.

nope, i would never do any sexual things with someone who has any kind of STDs. I love my precious to much

**** no.

There's no pussy in the world that's worth living with STD's for the rest of your life... unless you happen to be married to said pussy for the rest of your life.

What if you wore like three condoms? Would that work?

Seriously, like :|

It's a kind offer Raziaar but I think I'll pass :dozey:

:thumbs:

I had sex with somebody who had just gotten over Chlamydia. Of course, she failed to tell me this bit, and I was scared shit less...but I don't have it, so I'm happy.

On the plus side, you now have a list of people who would sleep with you.

-Angry Lawyer

Pretty much zero/negatory on that one. I mean there is a lot of angles on this, and thinking logically too, it's not just you that is involved here. How many people will this eventually infect/spread to? Will your kids have it? What if you break up with this person and spread it to someone else? Will it eventually mutate in to something bigger and worse? I believe that we each need to take our own responsibility as to what is the right thing to do for the good of everyone. It is the lack of responisibility that creates so many problems.

Thats my story and I'm stickin' to it. :)

I have recieved genital snakes from a one legged midget transvestite hooker.

Where is your dog now?

What if you wore like three condoms? Would that work?

Seriously, like :|

Always remember, dress in layers! :LOL:

And yeah... I pretty much predicted all these responses in this thread. Case in point... Valtrex commercials are stupid.

I mean... first of all... there's the risk that your partner might get infected. That's their risk. Second of all... here's the risks you have! Weeee... totally worth it!

Adverse effects

Common adverse drug reactions (≥1% of patients) associated with valaciclovir therapy are the same as for aciclovir, its active metabolite, and include: nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, anal leakage and/or headache. Infrequent adverse effects (0.1?1% of patients) include: agitation, vertigo, confusion, dizziness, oedema, arthralgia, sore throat, constipation, abdominal pain, rash, weakness and/or renal impairment. Rare adverse effects (<0.1% of patients) include: coma, seizures, neutropenia, leukopenia, tremor, ataxia, encephalopathy, psychotic symptoms, crystalluria, anorexia, fatigue, hepatitis, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis and/or anaphylaxis.[4]

Valaciclovir is contraindicated in immuno-suppressed patients such as those infected with HIV as it may cause thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura and hemolytic uremic syndromes resulting in kidney failure. Aciclovir is preferred in these patients.

Totally ****ing worth it man...

:LOL:

Back