WoW 1.5 Battlegrounds patch now live

Finally im so excited im updating my game right now i cant freaking wait

The Mullinator said:
You can download it through the default in-game Blizzard method but it won't be playable until the standard server downtime is complete at 11:00AM PST.

* The Mullinator jumps for joy at thought of owning horde in BG's.

Patch notes here:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-general&t=3449699&p=1&tmp=1#post3449699

arghhhhh!!! I just bought GTA:SA and I'm not even 10% through Boiling Point ...not to mention BF2 demo and this WoW gamecard sitting in my wallet ...so many games so little time

Im thinking US right? Should only be afew days, week at most till we get it in the euro verson.

/me is going to power level her mage like crazy.

I don't play WoW anymore, quit my account on the 17th of last month, but I nabbed this patch in the morning when there were no ques because I know my brother is going to want it when he gets home from school, and this way he doesn't have to wait.

edit: oops

I'm almost glad I have a paper to write and can't play tonight, I know the lag'll be even worse than it was when Honor debuted.

CptStern said:
arghhhhh!!! I just bought GTA:SA and I'm not even 10% through Boiling Point ...not to mention BF2 demo and this WoW gamecard sitting in my wallet ...so many games so little time
QFE. :| Oh well, vacation's coming up now atleast.

My guild just started owning in MC, and now with this new patch we should be getting a lot more active members on :)

Wands - The Shoot Wand ability is now a toggle. While active, it will continue attacking with the equipped wand until cancelled (e.g. moving).

Mmm.. Tasty.

Ritz said:
Wands - The Shoot Wand ability is now a toggle. While active, it will continue attacking with the equipped wand until cancelled (e.g. moving).

Mmm.. Tasty.
They nerfed the dagger/wand exploit doing that. :(

* Kouler jumps for joy at thought of owning Alliance scum in BG's.

BlindTelepath said:
They nerfed the dagger/wand exploit doing that. :(

Unintentionally? lol, you mean they fixed it!. Exploits are classed as cheating and you will be banned for exploiting. A exploiter is just as lame as a h4x0r.

BG should'nt lag up the server really, except for in the zones they're in..i was playing Testserver testing BG's and it isn't laggy on there at all when the servers full.

Heh Alliance are getting owned, told ya so! All those pussy Alliance are so use to fighting with a 3:1 advantage and now it is even and they have no idea what to do :)

Foxtrot said:
Heh Alliance are getting owned, told ya so! All those pussy Alliance are so use to fighting with a 3:1 advantage and now it is even and they have no idea what to do :)
Ya but it will be the Horde who will lose in the long run once Alliance develops proper tactics.

Think 3:1 advantage + good tactics outside of BG's and you will have a major problem.

Plus its not like that on all servers. Alliance on my server is actually outnumbered by Horde so for me its normally the other way around.

The Mullinator said:
Ya but it will be the Horde who will lose in the long run once Alliance develops proper tactics.

Think 3:1 advantage + good tactics outside of BG's and you will have a major problem.

Plus its not like that on all servers. Alliance on my server is actually outnumbered by Horde so for me its normally the other way around.
Quiet, Horde finnaly won something so I want to be proud :)

Blizzard need to implement a decent Teamspeak ingame chat system for BG or parties in general. that'd take it to a whole new level :)

Foxtrot said:
Quiet, Horde finnaly won something so I want to be proud :)
/me pets Foxtrot.

There you go. Feel better now that you can finally have a fair fight?

I wish i had money and time for WoW.

But then again i'm rather happy with my social life and my new albums. That will suffice

On my server Horde > Alliance in every single conceavable way. So far it's only us who have killed Onyxia, even though we're outnumbered completely.

Haven't got time to play WoW at the moment due to GCSEs :(

The Mullinator said:
* The Mullinator pets Foxtrot.

There you go. Feel better now that you can finally have a fair fight?
Yes :p

StardogChampion said:
Is this just the same as Guild Wars' arenas?

Not in the least.

WoW BGs are much more massive, on a huge scale, almost server large wars.

Guildwars is 8v8.

(Although still very fun)

Pesmerga said:
Not in the least.

WoW BGs are much more massive, on a huge scale, almost server large wars.

Guildwars is 8v8.

(Although still very fun)

Not even close lol. 20v20 in Battlegrounds, hardly server wide or that'd be 1250v1250 (if the supposed 2500 player cap was true). :p Still, Battlegrounds is great fun to play.

Alig said:
Not even close lol. 20v20 in Battlegrounds, hardly server wide or that'd be 1250v1250 (if the supposed 2500 player cap was true). :p Still, Battlegrounds is great fun to play.

It's actually 40vs40. :p

CptStern said:

Don't waste your time with WoW...it is overhyped. BF2 is all you need!

Arggh... that polearm reward from the Alterac BG is such a kick in the nuts to all weaponsmiths/MS warriors/SoC paladins. People spend hundreds of hours or gold getting materials for a Reaper and then Blizzard introduces a weapon that's almost equal that you can get at level 51 and takes less than an hour to get. Now at 1/4 of the materials needed for my AR and I don't know if I should even bother. But I probably will as I don't want that generic PoS polearm.

Warsong pwns though, sometimes Alliance is well organized but sometimes they don't even bother to set up a raid group...

(Morn, lvl 58 dwarf paladin, Dunemaul)

PvtRyan said:
Arggh... that polearm reward from the Alterac BG is such a kick in the nuts to all weaponsmiths/MS warriors/SoC paladins. People spend hundreds of hours or gold getting materials for a Reaper and then Blizzard introduces a weapon that's almost equal that you can get at level 51 and takes less than an hour to get. Now at 1/4 of the materials needed for my AR and I don't know if I should even bother. But I probably will as I don't want that generic PoS polearm.

Warsong pwns though, sometimes Alliance is well organized but sometimes they don't even bother to set up a raid group...

(Morn, lvl 58 dwarf paladin, Dunemaul)
Balancing the PvP and PvE rewards will be the downfall of WoW.

Heh, so far I've had fun playing Warsong CTF.

My only problem is that my level 26 Human Mage never wins. I play the best game I can looking for total victory. I order folks based on experience (I've lost 10 times at Warsong now, I know where Alliance fails every time) but nobody seems to listen, and just seeks to engage the Horde in smaller, inconsequential battles. There's faults the Horde I end up fighting leave open every time, but we can never take advantage because we've got bigger problems than they have.

Things are slowly starting to improve though - generally a raid group is formed now, and our defence is generally larger than our attack force.

I'm hoping the fervor'll die down enough to be playable soon.. one of my guildies was in queue for 1.75 hours and counting when I logged tonight.

Foxtrot said:
Balancing the PvP and PvE rewards will be the downfall of WoW.
Heh, you should check out some Guild Wars forums. People are waging full scale war over those two interests.

BlindTelepath said:
I'm hoping the fervor'll die down enough to be playable soon.. one of my guildies was in queue for 1.75 hours and counting when I logged tonight.

Heh, I doubt it will get any better. The queues are actually pretty bugged. I was playing Alterac last night, and when I got in I found that the Alliance were outnumbering the Horde at least 2:1. When I quit a few minutes later (after they beat us into a bloody pulp), I found that outside the instance there were at least 10 horde waiting in queue. :|

Narcolepsy said:
Heh, you should check out some Guild Wars forums. People are waging full scale war over those two interests.
Yeah but Anet is really to blame, they changed some very important things in the final game compared to the BWE's.

Back