writer available

Well, you've got to admit the whole 'ashes fired from a cannon' thing has a certain appeal. :D

Well, Rambler, my modding team is currently doing what we call The Mod Vote where we post mod ideas with a poll and have a big vote. If you would, could you make a mod idea for us? Not to complex, we're new to the modding world, but still. Use any topic, but a tropical mod idea would be cool, to take place somewhere in a tropical forest or something. Do whatever you want with the storyline, just make it a single player no multiplayer storyline please. If you'll do this for me, either send it to:

[email protected]

or post it in the single player forum under the mod ideas section at

www.topfreeforum.com/forum/index.php?mforum=modclanforum

If you do this for me, thanks in advance.

Sounds like a fun project. I'll start working on it today. So what if I'm supposed to be working? My desk is in front of a wall, no one looking over my shoulder, baby!

Hunter Thompson represented all the good and bad aspects of freelance journalism.

He was willing to put himself anywhere for the story (good) but all too willing to push himself into the world he was meant to report on (bad).

(Just two examples)

There's that quote from Almost Famous: "You're supposed to be reporting on, not joining the party, we already have one Hunter Thompson." (I love that film)

Oh yeah, and one thing I remember one of Hunter Thompsons friends saying after he shot himself was something along the lines of: "Hunter always said that as long as he could shoot himself at any given time, he was happy to live." Weird stuff.

Tom.

yes very nice. how was any of that relevant to this thread?

and the quote is 'You're not out there to join the party - we already have one Hunter Thompson.'

don't try to out quote me. i am a golden god. i dig music. nuff said?

I agree with you on the above remark. "Word" has that very handy habit of correcting you as you go.

I am a freelance journalist, pen for hire if you will (it sounds cooler), and "Word" annoys me because I just feel that it invites a tiny bit of laziness into writing. "I don't need to capitalise because Word will do it." However, I can think of no greater profession, besides being the "King of Candy", than being a writer.

Tom.

i disagree. its all about what you write not about the fact that you formatted and punctuated it ALL BY YOURSELF!

:D

what have you published anyhow

TigerStar said:
Well, Rambler, my modding team is currently doing what we call The Mod Vote where we post mod ideas with a poll and have a big vote. If you would, could you make a mod idea for us? Not to complex, we're new to the modding world, but still. Use any topic, but a tropical mod idea would be cool, to take place somewhere in a tropical forest or something.

i have a question, you say not too complex, but your asking me to set it in a forest. wouldn't that be a really difficult to make and very graphics intesive?

yeah i dont think you should do a tropical mod. i was about to give you an idea but i got really into it so ill write it up on your website.

crackhead said:
i disagree. its all about what you write not about the fact that you formatted and punctuated it ALL BY YOURSELF!

I don't think I was quite arguing that point. I am totally agreeing with yours though, it is the content. One hidden point is that it's great if you got the content, but to be published it has to have all the right grammar and punctuation otherwise a potential publisher may reject it.

Many publishers have proof readers but I have never encountered one who is willing to hire a writer accepting that he sucks at grammar. It just doesn't happen, except maybe in speech writing;).

On the subject of what I have had published it is a case of where to start. My first job was with my local newspaper's magazine supplement which involved writing local interest pieces like trying out the new acupuncture clinic, or reporting on the lighting of the Christmas lights. Journalists call those articles "paying your dues" but I liked that sort of work.

When I decided to go freelance my first piece was an article called "Blaggers guide to wine" which was published by Wine International in two parts. Recently, I have been working mainly with the magazine "International Aviation Weekly" and writing strategic papers for the a London based PR company. I have also been the sole contributor to a number of IT company websites.

Anyway, enough about me. How are you?

yeah i understand that no publisher will touch it if it has bad grammer i just think that to be a writer you dont need to be good at grammer if youw own word :D. well it looks liek your doing quite well for yourself. i work closesly with a charity organisation called jubillee i proofread there magazine and write articles for it. i want to branch out to more interesting stuff but i havnt gotten around to it.

crackhead said:
yeah i understand that no publisher will touch it if it has bad grammer i just think that to be a writer you dont need to be good at grammer if you own word :D

I thought that comment was so funny.

From now on we will all say:

"I can't spell, I can't punctuate, I can't capitalise, I have no idea when to use punctuation, but I have Word therefore I'm a good writer." :cheese:

Anyway, enough for now, I must have a smoke and try to get on with the day, reading Halflife2.net sucks away my day to easily.

Tom.

I can't spell, I can't punctuate, I can't capitalise, I have no idea when to use punctuation, but I have Word therefore I'm a good writer."

that in no way relates to anything im saying but never mind.

Back