wtf torrent?

scurvy

Reaction score
me and my buddy who live in the same town are downloading the same torrent and i can only get 20k while he gets 200k. i have dsl he has cable. he ALWAYS kills me in speed. wtf is up???:dork:

well, either your dsl provider sucks, or you're getting crappy uploaders. what happens with "regular" downloads?

regular downloads are fine and my isp is fine. its ONLY on torrents that he blows me away. and i'm positive its all the time.

could be your net card or dsl modem thingy. bt is known to have issues with em, though mainly bluescreening... odd.

you're not alone scurvy.. hell I'm getting 5kb/s right now on a torrent.

Ditto, and Im uploading @ 14kbs! Damn leeches

For the most part I get around 30-40 KB. This morning I was getting about 50kb, but that only lasted for about 5 minutes.

I left torrent on overnight, got 600 mb of content, uploaded 1.4 gigs, I hate bittorrent. I hope it dies. Makes me upload at 40 kb and lets me download at 10.

Same.

I upload at 15KBs and download at 2kbs...And believe it or not my upload speed is alot slower then my download. I hate TORRENT

n00bs, I got this damn thing at 400KB/s :) (long live ftp's).

Haha, I'm not downloading it, so all 600KB/s worth of my bandwith are free for that juicy pr0n and other shit :cheese:

21kb/s DL, 11kb/s UP. Mine's working just fine downloading a game (Not HL2 if you're thinking that).

Im downloading at 4kbs and upload at 9-16kbs. I wish ppl put the files for torrents on kazaa. I get blazing speeds with kazaa lite.

If you're on a dsl router, it could be what's causing the slowdown. The same thing happened to me. Using the PORT FORWARDING option for ports 6881-6999 to the machine you torrent on should speed things up dramatically, if that's the problem.

-rock

u can't complain. u are downloading the hl2 torrent.

Back